Voltron

Please don't suck.

youtube.com/watch?v=7MfB_0nTi-4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EEI-NCTsiPE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As long as the writers don't lose their fucking minds we'll be fine.

They've been keeping the same writers for the show and the upcoming comic, so they're already one step ahead.

A shame that a perfectly good remake went to waste due to the writers having a massive hard-on for Tigra.

>Lose their minds
Didn't the writers of the pilot lose their jobs, and were then replaced by hacks?

i just wanna go on to say that i love voltron, but the anime art direction just doesn't do it for me. i mean seriously why?

Hacks, yes. Crazy ass hacks. Especially that one on deviantart ranting about Pumyra.

>voltron
It fucking sucked ass the first time, why would it not want to continue in that glorious tradition?

>the anime art direction just doesn't do it for me
>voltron

Is this bait of some type?

Do we know how Lotor will look yet? This is important for my enjoyment of the show.

That was just the character designer who drew stuff and handled the visual aspect.

The guy who wrote the pilot was booted off the show and replaced by other Tygra-loving degenerates.

Getting Green Lantern: First Flight vibes from those space scenes. Which is a good thing

I wonder what Lotor will be like?

Mecha shows have a tendency to do just that though...

Maybe it's because one of the pioneers of the genre is a misanthropic high functioning autist.

>Pumyra
>Girly alternative to Cheetara that can still fight when needed
>Make her a stern hardcore pitfighter zombie servant backstabber to Mum-Ra

WHY

I had thought this was gonna be some dumb cheap remake, but damn, that shot at 0:50 is enough for me to check this out. That alone is way more than I expected out of the visuals of this show.

My ancient ship has returned from the depths of time and space.

1,000,000,000th for please don't be Thundercats again.

Cautiously optimistic, bust still prepared for worst case scenario: show sucks and fapping to the brief burst of 34.

aside from the first five episodes, golion's art direction was woefully lacking. it was basically churn out episodes as fast as possible. Even the filler attack footage was bad (ex. Lion Head Attack/100 Ton Punch)

It looks like he won't show up until the end (or near the end). If you remember Voltron/Golion he only appears in episode 14 when Zadak Gets the Pink Slip.

We can only hope for the best. The west needs Giant Robots, enough of this pussy shit!

I know, but I was hoping for some concept art or something. I don't want to sit through the first season just for the show to spring some ugly ass Voltron Force design on me.

Mostly content with new Hagra design, but overall I think the designs are good already. How well the series holds up beyond the pilot is what I'm curious about (and I'd hazard a guess that most people are as well).

When I was a kid, I thought they were tigers at first because none of them had manes.

Sometimes, losing your mind while writing can be a good thing.
Example:
youtube.com/watch?v=EEI-NCTsiPE

The movie version of the GL's second half was better than the show since it didn't plod on with all that political nonsense like the series did. Just jumped right into space almost instantly.

Do you want this again?

been trying to upload the transformation sequence using the music from GoLion, but fucking Youtube just blocks it worldwide. Any ideas where else I can upload it?

Looks interesting but isn't it pretty much confirmed it will end in license oblivion because of dream works buying thing?

No, the guy from Comcast wants to keep the deal since it's doing well for them.

i'd rather that than to be forced to watch another anitoon by my whiny lil' sis by my ma

To each their own, but I vastly prefer the series. The downtrodden political stuff and hopelessness helped make the final stretch seem that much better. And I actually like the team all getting jobbed as well. I do think Super TTGL is cool like everyone else, but I'll watch the series any day over it.

watching Thundercats rise and fall was really sad. There were a few good episodes before it became really bad though.

It wasn't just loving Tygra it was also setting up Lion-O as a scientist and thoughtful person who was different from his father and brother and then completely disregarding that setup. Wasn't the point that Claudus and Tygra were the wrong type of King for that era because they had no problem subjugating people , while Lion-O was against all that and would have been a better king. And that was the point of making Tygra appear as a better choice at being king than Lion-O, to highlight that he wasn't going to be like his father..

I'm expecting Korra level animation with Avatar Style writing and humor. I'd prefer that Aaron Ehasz has on board though

I just want Keith and Lance to be shirtless.

No, people just keep saying that for years with no proof.

>then completely disregarding that setup

Pretty much this. Pilot Lion-O was unnerved by the prejudices in his own kingdom and interested in taboo technologies. IIRC that steadily disappears as the series goes on or is completely absent after the pilot to begin with. There was a clear tonal dissonance between the pilot and the series, one which is nearly immediate.

It really kicks in during the elephant episode for me. You could tell that the showrunners did not know what they wanted to say with the elephant sages and that they didn't really derive any interesting ideas from the meeting.

I remember there was big interest in Japan about the Tundercats remake, it appeared constantly on the top of the Japanese YouTube.

I heard that wasn't a remake bu a continuation.

>Netflix

Someone will probably eventually rip it

It was as early as episode 3 that the characters felt a little off for me. Lion-O was portrayed in the pilot as the more hesitant thinker compared to Tygra, but it's Lion-O who goes stomping off after Mumm Ra, while Tygra tries to be a voice of reason all of a sudden.

I'm more concerned about quality. Netflix stuff is hardly any good

I looked up the pedigree of the showrunners, and I think it could at least be decent.

And also it's pretty much the only thing around when it comes to western animated action stuff.

And she would have transformed into some Cronenberg bug creature later.

Also zero response from Tygra and his parents promising him to the elder gods.

Netflix loves serialized plots so they'll let the writers do whatever they wish over multiple episodes.

I've got confidence.

So she's going to be the Zordon of the show this time?

I'm so sick of the (wo)manchild nostalgia wave.

I guess they're all just girl lions!

I wish there was more focus on developing Lion-O, without backtracking on his development. The story could have been so delicious if it lived up to its potential.

Seeing the expressions on that image just makes this comic that much funnier.

Sword and ghost Jaga pulling him toward the power and him set against it utilizing tech he scavenges.

Everyone pays him no mind about his tinkering as he comes up with tech analogs for the power and does a good job fighting the grunts and lower generals.

Up until he faces Mum-ra who just swats him down and breaks all his tech mocking him for relying on crutches.

They get their butts kicked and disheartened Lion-O has a spirit journey of some sort while he recovers. Maybe have that flashback to his ancestor then.

Comes back understanding his folly but also knows technology can aid them. Maybe takes the sword apart figures how it all works and then builds extra kit about to utilize the power and harness it to give the others abilities Super Speed, Invisibility Enhanced weapons and armor. .

It worked for Bojack.

Works for just about all their Dreamworks cartoons King Julian is the shit.

Is this guy in the painting supposed to be Lotor?

>Cell-shaded CGI for the mecha

Jesus Christ at least pay the animators to trace over the CG animations to give the illusion it's all hand-drawn.

Oh shit I hope not.

didnt the shows ratings completely fall to the gutter after that episode where it was revealed that tygra and cheetara are a thing, especially after setting up the cheetara and lion-o pair or some shit

as long as the show has some of the beats from the original, it'll be fine
>sven/shiro needs to die, forcing keith to take the leader role and growing as the leader of the voltron team
>Allura needs to take up a place on the team as pilot of the blue lion
>lotor needs to show up and have some kind of infatuation with alura and being a supreme douchebag
etc

not really shes basically in the same position as she was in at the beginning of the original voltron

they are all men, taht is quite bold on this day and age

Shiro isn't going to die. He's going to go Green Ranger.

You don't give him a Chekhov's gun of a Robot Hand and then just kill him off.

Pidge
>Man

We'll see.

>short-haired Lotor

Nuh-uh

It's generic as fuck.
It already sucks.

>I looked up the pedigree of the showrunners, and I think it could at least be decent.
>Korra
>Young Justice
Its fucked

Mice confirmed!

Oh wow, that's the best trailer they've released so far. It actually looks good now.

Better vesion of this pic.

Hope it's not Lotor. Or at least he is not that dorky in actual show.

She is going to take over a Lion after Shiro dies.

she's cute

>"Korra" explored similar themes and was also lauded for a diversity of characters. The duo plans to bring those sensibilities to "Voltron."

>"We're always trying to have more gender and race and ethnic representation," Montgomery says.

And it's dead

Honestly, the biggest issues I had with the old series is that outside of Voltron, the pilots and lions weren't really credible as characters, that they were literally just killing time until they had to be Voltron.

At least this new trailer shows that the lions and pilots can be useful in combat without having to form up, and for that I'll give it a watch.

I hope it doesn't end up getting canceled because nobody was watching it when was airing.

> it's a show about robots punching bad guys
> you know what the fans want? representation!

why

It's Netflix that isn't even a factor.

God, that guy in the upper right better not be Lotor. Else I'm going to be pissed.

Lotor is supposed to be sexy as fuck and badass and intimidating and evil.

That looks more like they're going to make him a Starscream clone. Hope thats someone else entirely.

>Lotor is supposed to be sexy as fuck and badass and intimidating and evil.

This. I know fangirls nowadays are all over "poor villain" types, but we have enough SS clones already. Just let Lotor be attractive and not completely incompetent.

Is the art being done by the same people who did ATLA?

Yea its MiR and much of the same production crew.

Neat. I really hope if doesn't suck.

>Fat Anime Eyes Shut Mouse
>Little Boy Mouse
>Pink Girl Mouse
>Cool, Sleek "Too edgy for me" Mouse

Hell, even the mice are getting diverse

I always felt that dark space elves were underrepresented in today's media.

Come on, people. It's 2016.

Pidge really is going to be a reverse trap.

I'm... okay with that.

Awww moe Witch Haggar.

She's adorable.

My Mistresses of Dark Arts shouldn't be this cute.

Why is Sendak so cute?

Reminder that Josh Keaton, who voices Shiro has stated he he is encouraging the fandom to ship Shiro and Keith.

> from the creator of korra
> encouraging shipping already

There's no way this can go wrong.

i hope they don't make her gay

It's just the animation studio, and some of the leftover staff in writers. Bryke have nothing to do with this series, thankfully.

And here's Keatons post.

Well, it's Dreamworks Netflix.
So at the very least, they'll be putting a little bit more time and/or money into it than they would their TV shows.
At least until comcast yells at them for spending too much money.

I'll never understand CN's decision on that one. Writer's aren't really a big expenditure for the budget so clearing them out is unnecessary.

That Prince Lotor Does the Impossible speech though.

>It wasn't just loving Tygra it was also setting up Lion-O as a scientist and thoughtful person who was different from his father and brother and then completely disregarding that setup. Wasn't the point that Claudus and Tygra were the wrong type of King for that era because they had no problem subjugating people , while Lion-O was against all that and would have been a better king. And that was the point of making Tygra appear as a better choice at being king than Lion-O, to highlight that he wasn't going to be like his father..

The new writers basically missed every point of the pilot. Just every single point great and small.

He's just having fun with the fans.

The cast and crew of the Captain America movies also encouraged gay ships, but we still had Steve and Sharon do a forced hook-up.

Uncanny Valley as fuck.

Then why are all the bad guys purple? That's raciest!

I need to get Netflix soon.

I've hyped for this since it's annoucement for a few months ago and I'm not even a Voltron fan.

>there are people on this board who DON'T want brown space elves

>Cell-shaded CGI

God, I hate this so much and I can't tell exactly why.

I just hope the show is good
Quality> Representation

Sickening.

Never thought I'd see the day, but here we are.

I always liked it.
Has there ever been a feature length film in cel-shaded cg?

This is crazy, not even those stop motion Gmod videos go this far in their craziness.