Who was the best Generation Killer?

who was the best Generation Killer?

Iceman

>first answer not Ray

I used to be like you guys. Used to think Iceman or Person were the best, Fick did nothing wrong, etc etc.

But on my second rewatch, I realize the truth that was staring at me all along: Trombley. It is Trombley who will show you the way.

reminder captain america did literally nothing wrong

Rudy for bailing on kike chess

stupid sexy ruby

was rudy in fact a homo?

the part in the first episode where he sprints past all the other Marines in full gear is fucking unreal.

read his book

hes a tortured warrior philosopher

Fucking Trombley?!

>tfw there will never be another Generation Kill tier TV drama

a series in the same vain about Operation Gothic Serpent would be beast.

trombley was that kid in school who would get in trouble for retarded things then shake his head and get mad when he did

yeah and he wound up being the best soldier of all of them. if there were a thousand Trombleys in my army I could take over America in seven days.

More like Trombley....MORE LIKE TROMBLEY???

>implying Brad Colbert isn't GOAT

Definitely not the child rapist.

Or Lt. Nate, really anymore who isn't Captain America or Trombley

Fick was such a boring "good guy" character with no nuance. You could absolutely tell the writer of the book had an arrangement with him.

Wrong movie

speaking of fick
>reading his book
>battalion is on its way out of iraq
>army supply lt asks fick for directions
>their convoy is essentially unarmed and lt has no maps
>fick spergs out and tells him to get the fuck away from him

Apparently he wasn't one of the "real" characters from the book. He was just based off of some guy who ran into a mortar attack to help his comrades and happened to compare his weapons to GTA. There wasn't this whole "Wow, killing people is fun just like in my vidya!" aspect to his character.

That said, Trombley is still probably my favorite. I like that he's the "new guy" but still fits in because he's such a fucking freak. I don't like the Whopper=BK=Baby-Killer idea. Shouldn't they call him Whopper Junior?

They were calling ME that?!

He's not gay; his actor is an actual Marine. What you saw him doing was real military shit. They call him Fruity Rudy because he's proud of his physique - which he should be because he's a fucking Marine.

I didn't say Fruity Rudy was a homo. I recognize he is the only guy who seemed actually genuine in the role. The part in the final episode where they were outrunning sniper fire and he yells BOUNDING felt so authentic.

>Lt. Fick will never lead you into battle

Why live?

The show was good but it would have been better without all the preachy anti-war segments, those really broke some of the immersion and realism.

You can tell HBO wanted to push a slight narrative and it hurt the overall tone and flow of the series.

>preachy anti-war segments
such as?

The video recording at the end could be construed as such. I liked the pretty music too much to care though.

like the parts where iraqi actors deliver out of place monologues about the reasons and politics for the war.

Ziggy was best and he should be in more stuff.

He's in stuff; you just keep refusing to see them.

No, because Burger King is Home of the Whopper (part of their slogan), not the Whopper, Jr. It'd make less sense to call him Whopper, Jr.

>actual Marine
No shit, he's the actual same guy from the book. He played himself.

It doesnt hurt the show, because its pretty honest about everything else. I mean they have fucking soldiers oozing a 12yo girl who wrote them a letter!

>brushing
>the
>shag
>carpet

You do realize that it's all true, right? The embedded journalist took detailed notes and wrote a pretty objective piece about the war. You should read the book and then compare it to the show.

Good, it sucked

But the name referred to the incident where
he killed those kids, which is why I think "Jr." fits.

They do call him Whopper Jr, why are people saying they don't?

you should read fick's book instead since it's from a different perspective than the show.

Ray is the fucking Caesar of the redpills

fuck of bk

>iceman will never give you a can of chef boyardee

>ywn have gay sex with Rudy

why even live bros? ;_;

Literally me

They where all cringey yank gayboys and I wish the Iraqis lit their entire unit up, American trash

SHE WAS A GIRL