Is this the best capeshit kino?

Is this the best capeshit kino?

>easily rewatchable
>best twists and epic moments when watching it for the first time
>changed cinema history by using foghorns for epic scenes for every movie in the future
>elevated even more by a shitty cashgrab sequel

Tell me this wasn't the most epic movie experience when you first watched it in 2008. It was so epic that it even caused a movie shooting. That boat scene was fucking intense, especially when you didn't read the wikipedia article or the reviews and you were watching it for the first time, especially watching it on IMAX I literally shit my pants, I kid you not.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GokKUqLcvD8
youtube.com/watch?v=IXFJOhLCGIQ&feature=youtu.be&t=83
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>easily rewatchable
that's wrong, but okay

>Is this the best capeshit kino?
maybe, I have a soft spot for a History of Violence though

>epic
>fucking intense
>shit my pants
>kid you not
Redditors should stay on reddit. sage

>best twists and epic moments
you have to go back

I agree with you though

>not Dredd
>not Spiderman 2
>not Push
>not Batman Begins

i was just stoned as fuck thinking about how i never saw this movie while high before. gonna give it a go. thanks OP :)

The entire board was TDK generals when it first came out, epic shitposting

It's honestly garbage save for the few minutes Ledger's on screen.

it's one of the worst movies ever made. it was completely boring and nonsensical

Why are people shilling Batman so hard on here? First the Batman 1989 thread, now a Dark Knight one.

Aww, are batcucks intimidated by Wonder Woman?

the shooting happened in 2012, at the dark knight rises screening

Best gritty-cape, but I was pissed off at the obviously stupid things like no one noticing the bus covered in dust after bursting out of a building at rush hour.

I really wish I could have been here for that, was it as bad as when Avatar came out?

>Bruce as Batman doesn't appear until 40 minutes in.
>He retired after fighting crime for about a year.
>Most of the movie is him trying to climb out of a hole that a 7 year old got out of her first time.
>Catwoman sets him up. It's cool lets run away together.
>Bane was a stooge and not the mastermind.
>Shit scarecrow fan service scene.

I could go on and on. Nolan is a hack.

>is this the best capeshit kino?

No.

It has a great performance by a supporting actor that elevates the entire picture every time he's on screen. That's about it.

Anytime the focus shifts to Bale, Maggie Gyllenhaal Eckhart the movie grinds to a hault. I always thought the ending with Batman taking the blame was the most melodramatic, nonsensical, forced ending I had ever seen.

oops this is for Dark Knight Rises.
Dark Knight was great but just because of Ledger. Without him it'd had been shit.

It really was, and typically self important as w/ all Nolan, like really hammer it home Chris.

>Implying Bane was a henchman
There's literally nothing in the movie to support this. I don't know why everyone thinks this. At the end, Miranda is revealed as Talia, but that doesn't mean Bane isn't still the head honcho. If anything it just means they're on equal standing.
Yes, it is the best capeshit. No one can truthfully say that there is a better one.

>TDKR trailer
>35 million views
Why is TDKR so popular when it's not as good as DK? Is it all because of Bane?
youtube.com/watch?v=GokKUqLcvD8

Because it's still a decent movie despite what the reddit normies like to think.

Yes. If DC was smart, they would stop bitching and whining about Marvel "bias" and hire Nolan again. Get an eighteen wheeler truck, fill it with money and drive to Nolan's house. Just throw money at him until he agrees. If they need to reboot and shit can the entire Snyder universe, then so be it.

There was a shit ton of hype for it, people really thought it was going to be better than TDK

>It has a great performance by a supporting actor that elevates the entire picture every time he's on screen. That's about it.

This. Absolutely this. Besides the heist and Ledger's performance the whole movie is not exciting.

>Yes, it is the best capeshit. No one can truthfully say that there is a better one.

Most are better. Crazy, we werent all 12 when we saw it and it must have felt like a big boy movie or something, but it is non-sensical, dour, sloppy, mechanical emotions. Gunn, Snyder, even Whedon, Derickson, Jenkins, and more make better movies.

Nolan can set a scene, or come up with a cool set piece or idea and that's about it.

>Snyder and Whedon are better
this is the most autistic thing I've read all day

I don't think it's that rewatchable. It's got a pretty lengthy runtime and I feel like the final act doesn't do the rest of the film justice but Nolan is good in that he doesn't have massive CGI clusterfucks. It's also got one of the worst scores of any cape flick. That fucking flat ringing, even thinking about it now is giving me a headache.
Also, when the aspect ratio changes back and forth after IMAX scenes is jarring.
But apart from that, yes. It is a good movie.

How is that "autistic," or is that just a word you heard here? If anything Nolan's for the autistic who can follow his easily choreographed themes as he tells them to you over and over.

Snyder uses the screen as a canvas, painting mythic images translated from the page, he has an acute sense of action and visceral feel for it. His photography is evocative. Whedon's only just good, and even he gets the medium more than Nolan, not as self important, but better w/ characters and the scale of these relationships and action.

I remember watching a shitty bootleg of the IMAX prologue and thinking "man, why the fuck would they record this shit by a noisy air conditioner".

Then when I saw the film, turned out it was the Joker's actual theme. That fucking two note thing was shit. I like Hans Zimmer, especially his early work like Lion King and Backdraft, but good god was his Batman stuff was awful.

I remember people getting hyped over that stupid Bane chant trying to figure it out. It was like this huge deal. Turns out it was just "rise". That's what zimmers Batman scores were, all noise, no substance. It's like he winged the fuck out of them.

>that epic boat scene

Has any other cape film come close?

I always liked to imagine that each boat had the detonator to its own explosives. So, if one decided to kill the other boat, they'd only really succeed in killing themselves. It seems in character with Ledger's Joker, what with him switching Harvey and Rachel's addresses when he was being interrogated by Batman.

That "epic boat scene" would have been better if the Joker rigged it so that the boats blew themselves up (i.e. he lied and swapped detonators so instead of blowing up the other boat, they blow up their own).

Would have been amazing to have the civilian boat vote to blow up the prisoners, have that bald businessman dude turn the key, only for the boat with civilians blow sky high.

It's sterile as fuck and barely capeshit

If Nolan was trying to make an honest, grounded film the civilians 100% would've turned the key.

I remember the opening a hush fell over the audience at:

youtube.com/watch?v=IXFJOhLCGIQ&feature=youtu.be&t=83

and the hole room was dead silent in anticipation you cold feel electricity in the air. To this day TDK is the only movie I paid for twice to see in theatres to experience it with a new crowd

Sort of the same thing happened at the end of TDKR where I saw it. I don't care who thinks what about that movie; I still loved it.

>the whole movie is not exciting.

>Funeral march scene
>going UP
>convoy ambush
>hostage video
>Maggie Gylenhal getting blown up
>boat scene

...all not exciting

Opinion discarded

Then you're retarded

I accepted this years ago, amigo.

>imagine that each boat had the detonator to its own explosives
>rigged it so that the boats blew themselves up

That's worse. Then the innocent boat would live. The end.

The Joker's way is a no win scenario. The innocent boat is dead and the other boat would have to live with their guilt. They may even be arrested.

Dark Knight was as good as capeshit was gonna get

now it's going backwards

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT75YHqlD9k

that shit was gay af and you know it

LOGAN was good but it wasnt really a super hero movie, if anythig it was more a western with a guy with superpowers

For you

>boat scene

Copied right out of Batman Forever

You didn't post blade ii, punisher war zone or batman returns, so no

Yeah, I remember that scene in Heat too

Seems to me everybody I've ever met that said Dark Knight is the best movie generally doesn't know shit about movies.

how about you learn how to read first

almost

>in character with Ledger's Riddler
ftfy

Yes but it's hardly capeshit.