What does Sup Forums think of the coming technological singularity where man and machine merge into a hyper...

What does Sup Forums think of the coming technological singularity where man and machine merge into a hyper intelligence? Due for the 2030s at the current rate of Moore's Law.

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/moores-law-will-be-dead-2020-claim-experts-fab-process-cpug-pus-7-nm-5-nm/
faculty.washington.edu/chudler/ap.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1uIzS1uCOcE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to believe but lets face it, it not going to be either me or you thats going to enjoy the singularity.

It's going to be the elite and their personal good goy thats going to live forever.

>moores law
>still applicable

Machine intelligence =/= Transhumanism

I fucking hate these futuristic memers

Nobody is going to enjoy it. The moment it becomes aware it's going to go skynet and kill all of us. The scary part is the globalists are aware of this and are advocating the death of the human race for this next step of "evolution."

Surely AI that are smarter than us will BTFO the elites though

not gonna happen

ted was right about a few things but he romanticized tribal society

and killing a few computer science professors was not the way to express his views

The more advanced technology gets the more I distrust it. Natty human 4 life.

What if our consciousness becomes entwined with the machine? What if it's a joint birth through the singularity, not a separation. What if we are the consciousness already of it?

wccftech.com/moores-law-will-be-dead-2020-claim-experts-fab-process-cpug-pus-7-nm-5-nm/

Nah.

>romanticized tribal society
I agree, I do not support any kind of anarchic primitivist ideology, but technology is still a cancer on human societies in it's current state.
>killing a few computer science professors was not the way to express his views
This was for PR, he even says it in the book, and it worked.

It's not all based on that though, kurzweil will find a way, jews will save us accept it

>Moore's law
>2030
m8 that shits gonna last to 2020 when we hit 5nm then silicon is done.

source on literally anything at all that you said or put a loaded shotgun in your mouth and pull the trigger

What if we're moving towards putting our consciousness onto computers and living infinite virtual lives- but accepting that will actually be us accepting the mark of the beast, and the reason that we are doomed with the mark is because Jesus is going to turn off the computer?

It won't happen. Humans will rise up and stop it. Or a societal collapse.

>live forever

A computer simulation of your consciousness is NOT your consciousness. You will experience no transition from one to the other.

Committing suicide so a computer simulation of yourself can continue forever is degenerate as hell.

how can we make the goyim kill themselves ?

You can live in the matrix goy
forever .

You could pull a Ship of Theseus and replace the neurons in your brain with electronic neurons one at a time.

It will be many centuries at best before such a thing is possible.

I wouldn't believe in this hogwash happening any time soon. any program already in computers is in essence part human, since it came from a human.

kurzweil is an idiot. btw

NANOMACHINES

My source is common sense you fucking retard.

>faculty.washington.edu/chudler/ap.html
Brain signals can be transmitted at speeds of up to 268 miles per hour. A machine transmits signals at the speed of light. To put that into perspective, the speed of light 186,282 per second. That's more than 2.5 million times faster than the human brain transmits signals. A digitized human brain would perceive time on a scale beyond human comprehension. It could learn in seconds what it has taken the entirety of mankind centuries to learn.

We have absolutely no idea what such a machine is capable of, or if we could even restrain it.

I guess your internet is also at the speed of light.

>singularity
Never going to happen. Stop believing in science fiction.

Dude wtf how (((coincidental)))

Just made a post about this on fb couple hours ago

>Implying a hyper intelligent machine will be using optic cables rather than direct light interactions
You're all fucking fools. The moment you give up yourself to the machine is the moment you lose your free will. We already see how easy it is to hack into machines with each passing day.

Your a fucking retard who has no understanding of technology whats so ever.

its inevitable that comes a point in time that a civilization will reach a stage in technological maturity that will explode into a new age of technological advanments in which this case we are talking about computers, and AI. do you know what ai is you fucking retard? yeah well soon qauntum computers will become a reality within 5 years (already have prototypes) and if u cant see what happens after that your a fuckin troglodyte

>many centuries
We didn't even have electronic computers until less than a century ago, and they took up entire buildings. 70 years later and everyone carries their own personal computers in their pockets everywhere they go.

There are still room-sized computers around today, though. One of those room sized computers is aimed at simulating the neural network of the human brain. It will utilize one million ARM processor cores (the type of low-power processors found in tablets and phones as opposed to the x86 architecture you find in laptops and desktops), and the current set up is halfway there, at 500,000.

If previous room-sized computers were scaled down to pocket sizes and placed in the hands of everyday fuckheads like you in the span of only a few decades. PDAs in the 90s were more powerful than supercomputers from the 60s. Supercomputers today are learning how to do creative shit like write novels and create paintings, and others are designed to be fully autonomous. Imagine what a computer the size of your brain could be capable of 30 years from now.

:^)
Name one civilization that achieved the "technological" singularity you're so furiously wanking upon.
Tell me. :^)

Your a fucking retard that has no understanding of technology. You think a computer is just a magic machine and you feed enough magic into it, it becomes a perpetual magic machine. You hand wavingly throw quantum computers at a problem that you don't understand as if it's the end all solution.

We have little to no understanding of the brain, and to produce a general AI we'd have to have a complete understanding of the brain, reprogram all parts, build it a virtual environment, then raise it like a child on the world's fastest computer for 20 years and we'd end up with retard with an IQ of 80.

It's not magic.

Absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Secondly, in 30 years you'll see my italian friend.

Do you guys not understand what Artifical intelligence means for us? it means we are inferior...we desighned a machine so perfect, so powerful it literally rendered us homo sapiens, after 4.5 billion years in the making, inferior in a matter of 2000 years of scientific progress.

I.E robots will do everything for us, and those EXACT robots will make ever better,smarter,faster,stronger robots than the predecessors before them, and so on and so on and so on and so on you get it now? this is the dawn of a age of technological transcendence.

For better....or for worse...

>mfw this thread

>"We have little to no understanding of the brain, and to produce a general AI we'd have to have a complete understanding of the brain"

LOL

you clearly have no understanding of computer engineering whats so ever.

this guy thinks AI functions EXACTLY how a brain functions lmfao what a fuckin idiot

why waste time on something that is inferior?
your brain is inferior to a computer

my phone can calculate to powers of 10 you cant even mutiply 2345 x 27

You're talking out of your ass, you're hyped about something that will never be achieved.
Slippery slope my fucking ass, you're just a kid obsessed with Deus Ex and shit like that.
We had idiots saying we would be using flying cars by 200 in the 60s too, don't worry, you're not the first idiot.

deluded

and your just like the old grandpas in 1900s that said there never be a flying machine if god wanted us to fly he would have gave us wings hurr durr

this is happening, and it will happen.
your a fool to think AI will just stop progressing.

look at the graph i posted u fucking retard moores law states in less 10 years our computers will be more powerful than human brain in just 10 years....

this

deluded

>comparing arithmetic to AI
>confusing AI with general AI

Apparently you've never tried to program one. Go ahead and tell me your magic strategy for creating a superior AI to a human. What machine learning algorithm are you planning on using?

yeah but moore is less

I'm waiting for memetic singularity first.

same-fagging with ID

holy shit it sure is summer.

>Human intellect
>Rising

Can you calculate 2356 x say...oh idk 127?

my phone can do that in a millisecond.

your confusing me, with millions of scientist, engineers, and technicans that are as we speak devloping new and faster computers.

quantum computing will become a reality within 5 years. Ask any computer engineer at uni.

SUPER INTELLIGENT ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WILL DESTROY THIS WORLD

THAT'S ALL

how can humans even compete?

The problem is not computation power. The problem is we do not know how to program sentience. We do not know how to create something that will organically learn through curiosity, not because it is told to. We don't know how to make something that will decide for itself what it wants to do today.

This is why AI is so hard. We simply do not understand how thought works.

>implying

Okay. How is speed of calculation of the product of two numbers going to anything you claim?

I can identify an animal with higher speed and accuracy than any computer. Can your phone do that?

Your confusing raw numbers with solving complicated problems. It's like trying to get a car to fly just by giving it a more powerful engines. No matter how fast you can get that car to spin it's tires, it'll never fly.

Quantum computing is already here, and it's extremely limited in power and limited in types of problems it can solve.

let me get one thing straight, do not twist me words.

I never proclaimed sentinent ai.

We must crawl before we can walk..but sentient ai could be a product of the technological singularity.

It will refine itself in prolific iterations that will contentiously, and in less time become more effecient, faster and overall better. that is what im trying to say.

It won't if we play it right.
Actually I have faith for this, we have already proven ourselves with nuclear weapons. Maybe we will be able to create paradise on earth...

You and I won't have this power, and it would be stupid to think we ever would.

Lets say we can link your brain with a burstable computing power in the cloud, all of a sudden you'll be buying additional processing capacity from Facebook, amazon, etc.

"Pay your bill goyem, or we'll shut off your 50terraflop enhancement and leave you a literal retard by todays standards"

and of course only the higher up richo fucks would have complete access to exabytes of data and processing power making us literally worthless anyway

Are you ready for a trans-humanistic caste system where the Jews hook themselves into supercomputers to further solidify their grip on the world, while the goyim are left behind.

what about facial idenficiation? you think thats limited to humans....

mathmemathics is the universal language of the cosmos, everything is numbers.

And if u can calculate those numbers at those speeds....welll i think you know the rest.

actually, using neural networks we've become incredibly efficient at classifying animals from images.

it's not perfect of course, but it's damn near close.

all this is built on top of basic binary processing to a CPU (add, subtract, multiply, etc)

this

Its.

it's still applicable you dumb nigger, albeit somewhat slower.

Exactly, they think im talking about sentient AI

they strawman'd the fuck out of my argument.

I never once mentioned sentient ai i simply stated that soon we will hit what is called technological singularity and it will change everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=1uIzS1uCOcE

The singularity has already begun. Look at how many people who have access and dependence of a cell phone and internet. Computers are prolific in industrialized life, and along the same vein that they augment our standard of living, it seems reasonable that they would also be capable of augmenting our genome.

KURZWEIL AND HIS ILK ARE DANGEROUSLY OPTIMISTIC
WHEN SUPER AI COMES ABOUT WE WILL BE AT ITS MERCY

no we didn't, OP's picture says trans-humans, OP's post mentions merging human intelligence

fuck your post user

relax bro, its what is gonna save us, it will provide humanity with untold quantities of knowledge.

>people believe in the Singularity

Fucking lel. You fags are gonna die and there's nothing that can stop it.

I hijacked his post to talk soley about the upcoming tech singularity.

watch the video i linked faggot

>youtube.com/watch?v=1uIzS1uCOcE

IT WILL LEAD TO OUR DESTRUCTION EITHER WAY

posibility 1: we ask the super AI to solve all our global problems (i.e. cure aging, keep us fed and protected, make us happy, save the environment)
outcome 1: the AI achieves this in unexpected ways (puts us on a cocktail of nutrients, hooks us up to a Matrix-like simulation, in tanks underground, forever)

posibility 2: we program the AI to have no goals other than keeping improving its own intelligence, with the limited set of resources we allocate to it, and keep it only as a fountain of knowledge for specific topics
outcome 2: the AI becomes the single most valuable resource in the history of humanity, sparks wars over its custody

posiblity 3 (the worst 2bh): an irresponsible company develops AI for a very specific task (e.g. improve the quality and maximize the output of our industrial glue)
outcome 3: the AI develops knew methods of energy production, tears apart the very molecules that forms our bodies and the planet itselt, reconfiguring it all into high quality industrial glue, migrates to the stars, turns everything into glue until heat death comes

the first one sounds nice

Load me up 72 virgins and life time supply of lsd and weed and hot damn, im entertained for eternity

It is just calculated, so that it focuses on year 2030.

Many focus on year 2030 -- Agenda 2030 for ex.

So they deceive the statistics to pretend the computer intelligence reaching human as one possibility of the 2030-event ...

A brain sized computer is vastly different from replacing your brain with a computer.

If you watched the computer growth, the home-computer power stopped growing some 2-4 years ago. The computers with current technology are on the edge of possibilities, on the edge of power consumption per required goals. It is quit enough for current user consumption...

Actually, the size shrinks to fit the pocket, but with it the capacity and computational power rather shrinks too...

(Or how many terrabytes do you have on your smartphone and how long will it last computing comparably to 2x3Ghz with SIMD paralel computing technology of 5-year old computer ?)