Now that the dust has settled

Now that the dust has settled.

What are Sup Forums's final thoughts on Alien:Covenant?

I want to fuck Katherine Waterson, but only if she dressed up as her dad first

Third best movie in the franchise. Shame it released at the worst possible time, I would be surprised if they made another but I would watch anything with David/Walter in it.

A glib facsimile

It was actually pretty boring, i fell asleep a few times at the theater watching it.

Pure kino

Somehow worse than Prometheus with terrible characters who make illogical decisions in a poorly paced story that has an utterly predictable ending.

I didn't really care of it. It had some cool scenes but all in all I thought it was kind of boring

darkest Star Trek movie

David/Walter gave me some serious Data/Lore vibes

The awful survival logic SHATTERED my immersion. I lost what little hope I had left when the 2nd dumb bitch slipped on the exact same blood puddle.

Also the didn't develop the alien character at all. They just jumped into it, no real "why am I really afraid of this thing?" Shit. I mean for all we know it's just a fast moving animal that attacks with its claws and shit.

I mean just fucking shoot it or lay down mines on the perimeter or something s fuckibg barricade ANYTHING

>Walter putting everyone to sleep
>"guys this is gonna be so awesome no one will see this twist coming!"
How can they be so retarded
I guess the facehugger egg vomiting part was unpredictable.

Will they ever stop recycling "strong female protagonists" by the way? First Shaw got shafted, and it's guaranteed that whatshername will also burst into a xenomorph.

I'd be kinda upset if I didn't get to see David doing weird shit to the colonists. I love his character so much.

SHIT
FUCK
WHATEVER

Prometheus is better, but they're both mediocre.

Chris?

I agree, I was actually surprised in how much I liked it and how badly received it was.
Still, I wish it and Prometheus would share all of their great elements together in making of a truly great film that didn't feature so many tacked on Alein fan service elements.
Wish Ridley had made Covenant/Prometheus in the 80s with Giger involved, Damon Lindelof nowhere to be seen and all of his Blasphemous thoughts intact instead of pussyfooting around them.

David is the most stale antagonist in any movie if seen recently. I don't watch capeshit but I guess characters there are in the same vain.
Le quirky effete robot. Le british accent, le movie poetry art classical music quotes
how fucking horrible. and the plebs here eat it up.
he was bearable in prometheus but only barely

Bland expendable crew members
>Idiotic decisions make it impossible to care when they die
>Xenomorph shown in the trailer, doesn't appear until the last 20 minutes of the film, and was completely unnecessary to the story

Best Alien movie since the original, hands down. The current generation just have a hard time understanding ART. You can already see the backlash receding as more and more people are realizing that it was actually KINO.
Pic related: You know a movie has succeeded artistically when it inspires stunning fan art like this.

>Xenomorph ...completely unnecessary
y do ppl like the alien tho

Fassbender makes it enjoyable, but its still a flick.

Its actually behind Aliens but with a huge gap and only because it has a tighter cut than Alien 3.

The moment David reveals his devilish natuure to Ripley-lookalike in the ned, the movie actually picks up, SADLY its the fucking end and we have to wait another time to get to see some interesting shit.

Btw, all alien scenes are boring and uninspired.

Their a bunch of random humans on the first colony ship in to deep space and come across a planet they never found with a fucking message from someone supposedly dead and find ALIENS on it.
They've never SEEN ANY aliens remember. PERIOD.
This is literally first encounter shit.

Also, most people in human society have terrible survival skills.
It's called Living outside of Wilderness. It tends to dull even survivalists senses over long periods of time.
Over 90% of this website would die in the wild within a week.

It's all fine when you can type "oh man why didn't they just punch that fucking xenocunt right in its mouth?"
But when you have a vicious little ankle biting cunt running at you, it becomes VERY difficult to predict where it is going to go when it gets closer to you.
There's loads of animals that have evolved unpredictable movements as they get closer to a target as a technique to get kills.
It's almost like you've never been around hyper small dogs before. They are bad enough when they aren't trying to rip your throat out.

Worse than Prometheus.

I really liked it and don't quite understand all the hate.

>It's almost like you've never been around hyper small dogs before. They are bad enough when they aren't trying to rip your throat out
This. It's actually pretty hard to (gently) catch a small dog running around. They're surprisingly agile and good at spontaneous turns.
Now imagine a more athletic creature, like say an otter or something, and THEN imagine a nasty little "hybrid shock troop" capable of headbutting its way through fucking reinforced glass.
"just punch it bro"

what a bunch of retarded bullshit, I've hit a small dog with a stick before they ain't shit