/who/ - Doctor Who General

Scherzo Edition

Previously

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AlexisGreaves/status/869381569588416513
twitter.com/CreditBitCoin/status/861760077946138624
radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-03/doctor-who-the-lie-of-the-land-review-showing-bill-fire-a-gun-at-the-doctor-is-horribly-misjudged
youtube.com/watch?v=z_IHr9U5zJY
youtube.com/watch?v=EkkVGPnXHSM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lie of the Land was the worst episode of New Who.

>Power of love saves the day
>Again

Doctor Who and the Return of the Crazy Lady Who Thinks She's Pregnant with Peter's Child

twitter.com/AlexisGreaves/status/869381569588416513

my brother got really excited for Capaldi's regen.
Then he got really down.

but at least it showed us what his actual one will be like :^)

What this episode really needed is a second part and more worldbuilding.

And Bill should've died.

Was there any TARDIS in this episode?

Normies hated it. Like, *hated* it.

Also it was up against some big stuff. Expect poor viewing figures.

There was nothing wrong with the episode except love saves the day again. Everything else was good. You're just assblasted they did a bait and switch with the regeneration. Best episode of the series. Stay mad, cucks.

You're right I did like the regen scene I'm just pissed it meant jack shit. But if that was pretty cool something tells me it's gonna be a sad christmas this year.

no

No, everyone knew the regeneration would be a ruse. The story did not need to be 3 episodes long.

Gatiss ep will save series 10. Dubbbs

twitter.com/CreditBitCoin/status/861760077946138624
TIL London isn't in England

radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-03/doctor-who-the-lie-of-the-land-review-showing-bill-fire-a-gun-at-the-doctor-is-horribly-misjudged

Uh, after one illogical, and the second just a weak episode in the Monk trilogy, Whithouse did not fail. It seems to me that this episode must have an additional 10 minutes, it's too hasty, it does not fit such a large-scale plot into the usual timekeeping. But, in general, the story is much more complete and without plot holes. Yes, again the power of emotions, but it's already part of DW now, deal with it. Especially here it is applied on telepathic devices, so it is quite justified.

And, yes, Missy in the Vault with the piano is not a self-repetition, Steven, defenetly. No resemblance to another psychopath, which was also kept locked up with a musical instrument for entertainment.
Nevertheless, the symmetry is quite interesting: at the beginning of the Twelfth Era, the Doctor doubted that he is a good person, and in the end of the Era, Missy wanted to become a good person. I hope thit is leads to something interesting led to a good story in the end. But doubt, it's Moffat.

And it is ashame that the Minister of War did not come up.

We've been through bait and switches before, but this one didn't really do anything interesting. Has he lost a regeneration now? Why didn't Bill react at all? Does she know he can regenerate now? When did she find out?

And so on and so forth

it's gonna be a W H O P P E R

>And, yes, Missy in the Vault with the piano is not a self-repetition, Steven, defenetly. No resemblance to another psychopath, which was also kept locked up with a musical instrument for entertainment.

Moffat is such a hack.

The show is dead.

Apparently Simm is GOAT in World Enough / Doctor Falls, and steals the show.

>They couldn't even rip off a consent-based villain from children's spin-off

I still love Moffat but dear God, we need new blood. Everyone on that team just seems so tired.

New trailer for Empress of Mars

KINO!

youtube.com/watch?v=z_IHr9U5zJY

This look like cyberman tech to you guys?

Trying to find a reason for the cyberman music playing other than incompetence.

this

it really shows that moffat wanted to leave after series 9

He's a pretty great actor in general so I'd believe it.

>moffat can't even manage to close an arc properly in his final series

They're on Mondas in every episode from now until the finale. Post-Monk Earth is Mondas.

But don't the Mondasians appear in a hospital on a giant ship in ep 11?

WHERE THE FUCK WAS ERICA?

>RISE MY ICE WARRIORS! RIIIIIIIISE!

Yeah, no, I de tended Sleep No More but I can't defend this. Fuck you Gatiss it's like you're trying to churn out even shittier episodes every year.

This ep will probably be good though

>tfw Simm saves Series 10

Looks pretty fun desu

It looks like a cheesy Matt Smith era episode.

I hated it because he didn't fool anybody, including the characters in the scene, with the regen. Squandered drama even if taken as a fake out. Faking the audience out at the end of Series 4 with David Tennant made sense, whereas nobody with half a brain would believe the Doctor was going to regenerate ten minutes into a mid-series episode, and Bill wouldn't know what a regen looked like, so it was just there to be used in trailers and lie to the audience that they are going to get a more interesting story than they were, when in actuality they got a severely underdeveloped story that ticked off all the negative elements of modern series finales.

>Big finale of the ''Monk trilogy''
>Monks get NO dialogue
>STILL no Simm

What the FUCK was Moffat thinking/

Welp doesn't looks like we're getting a good episode till the finale

You called?

Idk man, It's making me really anxious to see if Chinball can salvage this show from Moffats grubby fingers.

youtube.com/watch?v=EkkVGPnXHSM
I fucking love how Christel for the last three weeks two times said that Moffat will come, and he did not come both times, and Whithouse did not come this time, so they had to replace him with some FUCKING GUY FROM THEY OWN SHOW.
Everybody hates Christel. I will be laughing if Gatiss didn't show up on next week.

MFW only 5 capaldi episodes left .... I remember the livestream its not fair.

Gatss said he's always wanted to do this story, so it pretty much is.

Remember when a young girl on Twitter told Gatiss he was her favourite writer but she misspelled him as Gatis and all he ever replied was "It's Gatiss though."?

The fake regeneration is the ultimate pleb filter. If you got triggered, you're a pleb.

no

Well, I didn't hate it as you guys, but monks are surely a letdown.

The main issue with that episode was act 3 - which was
a) really boring
b) resolution was really dull

I felt like doctor was a bit OOC in this episode, like he's going crazy or something.

>watching the torchwood marathon on bbc america
fucking briggs

He's killing /who/ and is smug about it!

it would have been kino if he actually regenerated that way

BASED GATISS

No but it sounds hilarious. Did she cry?

Right bois it's pool time

>what will the christmas special be called?
>what will cause 12 to regenerate
>what will 12's final lines be?
>what will 13's first lines be?

>no torrents up

:/

If this episode was in a vacuum it wouldn't be that bad. It's that this episode is just showing that we're right back to all the things about Moffat that we fucking hate that makes it so frustrating.

last episode is "The doctor falls" so the xmas special will be
"Doctor poo rises"

There's a mega floating around somewhere

What was the Monks' goal though?

>the Monks ruled Earth for six months
>No LOTTL reset button

Seriously, like every other present day episode now has the world get seemingly irreversibly turned upside down if not straight up conquered. It's worse than ever now since it's not just the show, even the comics and Big Finish do this shit, I swear the 2010s Whoniverse Earth must have had like 100 catastrophes surpassing 9/11 and half a dozen alien occupations.

I miss the Ponds period when nothing big really happened on Earth the stakes were based on the Doctor's domestic stuff. Hell, when these events happened in the RTD era they actually mattered across multiple shows (thank god Class ain't getting a second series after this). Here's hoping Chibnall will end the gangbang of cataclysms of the week.

>what will cause 12 to regenerate

Moffat has said he goes out a warrior and does something reckless and in the moment, so I'm guessing he does a suicidal attack on the enemy.

Monk everything up I guess haha

The main issue about this episode is that it wasted two episodes before that to prepare for this one.
It wasn't THAT bad as you guys make it be, surely. Directing was pretty nice.
I disliked boring as fuck ending and power of love.

The same thing any dictator wants. Power. They control the people and get whatever the fuck they want. A planet of slaves.

Anyone else disliked Capaldi in this? Final monologue about Bill's mom is pure cringe. I really think so.
Also his laugh when on ship.
Felt really OOC and just stupid at times.

13's first lines will be "Bee Movie? I'd pay to watch that any day." (because it's Kris Marshall, natch)

Am I the only person that liked Lie of the Land?
I even got a bit tearful when Bill's love for her Mum BTFOd the monks.

Probly cos my Mum's dead too, and I miss her.

It was really rushed and underdeveloped. They should have compressed extremis and pyramid into one episode and used the last two parts to flesh out monk dystopia

Has the power of love saving the day ever been a good thing?

What will his first lines be?

The Lodger was cute.

I hoped that they actually would regenerate him and have him played by a random actor for the rest of the episode - only to be revealed it's still all part of the simulation from the first part.

I don't know who this is and I don't care. I imagine most people in this thread feel the same

killing me S O F T L Y

Strawberry.
Blonde.

13's first lines will be "good gracious a ginger at last" however, delivered in a thick Indian accent which is how he will talk for the whole of his run

>World gets taken over by alien force
>Doctor needs to use a psychic link across peoples brains to save the world
ALL AROUND ME ARE FAMILIAR STORIES

I liked it too. To me it didn't feel like Bill was stronger minded than the Doctor, it's just the Doctor was just trying to correct facts. Bill's memories fell back to her mom, and the emotional connection couldn't be over written. It's a single memory that couldn't be corrupted, so just focusing on that exhausted all the monk's power. I'm sure the Doctor could have done the same thing if he thought of it, but he was too focused and determined on the idea that he just had to simply put the correct history in. So the solution here happened to be love, but anyone in the room probably could have done it with any special memory. To me that doesn't make it feel all that cheap.

Sanjeev Bhaskar IS The Doctor!

Is there a mag link for the episode anywhere yet?

So, they humanity will just fucking ignore all the lost people and statues all around the world?
Come on.

But I liked Extremis too (my fave ep of s10 so far), almost as much as Lie of the Land.

Pyramid not so much, but I only expect to like about two thirds of any DW series anyway.

It's literally the worst ep of NewWho.

That was bad even by Doctor Who's standards. Holy Christ, I feel so bad for Capaldi. Wasted, wasted talent.

That final monologue was gross, as was the whole climax. Even Smile's was better.

How crazy would it have been if instead of Bill's memories of her mum, the device tapped into the Doctor's memories of Clala?

>I miss the Ponds period when nothing big really happened on Earth

Universe gets destroyed and rebooted
Statue of Liberty becomes a weeping angel
World is invaded and controlled by the Silence
Whole of history happens at once and is magically reset
The Earth is invaded by cubes that give a third of the world fatal heart attacks

I liked the laugh though. Shows he can have fun.

oi that's my line matey stay off, I'm the new tripfag here

>THREE (3) EPISODES TO DEVELOP AND ESTABLISH NEW ICONIC VILLAINS
>THEY END UP BARELY SKETCHED

WHAT DID WRITERS MEAN BY THIS

namefag =/= tripfag

>calls himself a tripfag
>actually just a namefag
You fucking retarded.

oh shit I got it wrong, I'm genuinely mad
This was my chance to make /who/friends

>make entire episode about propaganda and subliminal messaging
>that is propaganda, which uses subliminal messages
Leftist hypocrisy disgusts me.

The Trickster was the best part about SJA

>general opinion of /who/ regarding Moffat is now net negative

Thank God. I was over Moffat by Series 6B.

Moffat's tenure has been characterised by sporadic bursts of genuinely well written dialogue intermixed with total shite stories, characters and style.

More often that not, he does not write entertaining television. I know the budget is small so I'm not asking for kino; I just want coherent narratives and interesting, fun ideas.

You lot mock RTD but he reigned over almost all of the great New Who episodes, many written by Moffat, and produced a varied, fun show.

Moffat is boring.

Link to /who/ discord server???

literaly Love & Monsters tier, I am glad that Moffat fucks offerino soon.

The one where SJ has to choose to save her parents was a cracker, it's a real shame she died.

>people will forget about that
>nobody will notice 6 months gone
>nobody will notice labour camps

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHY MODERN WHO CANT HAVE CONTINUITY??? WHY??? HOLY SHIT WHYY???

I'll be your friend user

It's a secret

Love & Monsters was unironically better than this. I never thought I'd say it, but it is no longer the worst episode of Doctor Who ever made.