Question for folks born in 1995-1997(cusp of Millennials and Gen Z)

Question for folks born in 1995-1997(cusp of Millennials and Gen Z).

Do you associate your childhood more closely with the Millennial television/film experience like Blockbuster, Jimmy neutron, Yu gi oh, Drake and Josh, Gorillaz, Malcolm in the middle, Cyberchase, Osmosis Jones, The Weekenders, Megas XLR, Gundam wing, Recess, Invader Zim, Kim Possible, and having crushes on Avril lavigne, Britney spears, Jenny wakeman, and the Dark magician girl?

Or the Gen Z TV/film experience like streaming movies on Netflix, CN Real, Hannah Montana, Bakugan, The Dark knight, Twilight, Chowder, Breaking bad, 30 rock, Marvelous misadventures of Flapjack, Adventure Time, and having crushes on Justin bieber, Harry styles, and "qt thick traps" - NOT girls, because Vice told you it was "hip" and "cool" to be homosexual?

a bit of both honestly

Dark Magician Girl

Can I answer if I was born in 1999?

Underageb&

My birthday is in early January, I've been 18 for six months.
Anyway, to answer OP's question, I associate my childhood more with Gen Z and I don't consider myself a millennial.
I watched Jimmy Neutron, Cyberchase, and Recess and remember things about them, but I wasn't deeply into them and I was pretty young.
I remember a lot of Kim Possible and loved Invader Zim. I watched Drake and Josh from the beginning and then watched iCarly, that was my childhood, but for my older sisters Drake & Josh was just a new age white Kenan & Kel.

Your assessment of both generations is all over the place 2bh. You should be comparing the Samurai Jack, Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, Ed, Edd, n Eddy era to the Chowder, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Out of Jimmy's Head, Robot Boy, American Dragon, Juniper Lee, Foster's Home, Flapjack, Kappa Mikey, Phineas and Ferb era. I don't consider Adventure Time much of my childhood cause it came out when I was starting middle school and I moved on from it pretty quickly.

When I was younger it was the Windows Vista and streaming period so I also associate my childhood with shows older people might not have had or had the chance to discover like Great Teacher Onizuka, Ranma 1/2, Soul Eater, Black Butler, Speed Racer.

and how could I forget the 80s Astro Boy that was my favorite fucking show tied with Speed Racer

Definitely the former.
I don't live in America though, so it might have taken a bit more time before they were localized over here. Never got the original Yu gi oh.

Mostly the former. I had started watching anime by the time most of the latter stuff came around.

i hate ur gay astrology shit but i'm gonna have to point out that all of those are late "genz"
"millenial" stuff would be things from the 1980s and 1990s

I was born in '98. It's somewhere in between those 2. You skipped a bunch of years of kid shit

I was born in 1998 but it is much closer to the first option

im a mix, mostly the first options but i grew up with hannah montana as gay as it sounds, eurogay btw

95fag here
The first ones

I don't associate my childhood with television shows you fucking loser

All my family had was a VCR and we used to borrow a small selection of movies over and over from a friend, our favorites included Honey I Blew Up The Kid, Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Honey We Shrunk Ourselves, Toy Story, A Bug's Life, The Sandlot, The Big Green, The Parent Trap, etc, basically anything that my parents and their pastor deemed "appropriate"

We got DSL when I was 15 (2010) and I started torrenting shit, that was a crazy time

I'm glad I installed that extension that changes "Millennials" to "Snake People".

Definitely the first, but bit of both probably

Born '96

All the shit in the second paragraph I associate with being a teenager. First paragraph has a lot of things I remember from childhood.

t. born 1996

>this guy was born in 1994 and wants to pretend he's gen z and not a millennial

Lmao don't kid yourself OP

The Gen Z stuff was in my teen years, not childhood.

In grade 4 everyone was singing Sk8er Boi on the school bus.

>tfw born in 1994

get the best of everything.

I'd rather be millennial

Who /1996/ here?

Early millennial things would be things from the 90s like Pokemon, Tamagotchis, Snes, TMNT, and N64

Late millennial things would be things from 2000-mid 2006 like Jimmy neutron, the PS2, Sprite remix, and yu gi oh

Gen Z things would be Late 2006-2017 things like Hannah montana, Chowder, silly bands, fidget spinners, and Steven universe

if you dont remember the twin towers fall you are not millenial,its very simple.

How many times are you going to post this same thread

I'm a '98er and the Millenial stuff is more of what defined my childhood than Gen Z stuff.

Both

I was born is 95 and i've watched Jimmy Neutron, YuGiOh, Drake and Josh, Malcolm in the Middle, Recess and some Kim Possible when nothing else was on. I have listened to some Gorillaz but i have not heard of all the other stuff. But i am german so this might not be what you're searching for.

May 1995 here
About 75% former.

Born 1996

Definitely millennial

I was like 12 for all that other shit and hitting puberty

For instance

I was 17 when breaking bad ended

Basically an adult

I don't feel much different at 21 than when I was 17

Born 1996

Definitely feel like a tail end millennial

American or europe?

Bakugan or Yu Gi Oh?

Katy Perry or Blink 182?

Malcolm in the middle or Big Bang Theory?

PS2 or PS3?

Would you rather fuck Harry styles or Dark magician girl?

1997 here. The first one definitely.

early millenials would be in their thirties now, and not associate with any of the things you listed outside of TMNT and possibly the N64 if they could afford it on release.

Fuck off buzzfeed

Dark magician girl or trap catboy, which one would you rather have sex with?

If the former, you're a Millennial. If the latter, you're Gen Zed.

Trap Catboy

Bitch I was born in 93 and my childhood is Double Dare, Keenan and Kel, All That, Bug Juice, all those comic book cartoons like Iron Man and Spider man, GUTS, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Wild and Crazy Kids.

All the shit in OP is whack as fuck, true 90s kids OG Nickelodeon stuff is the best

60% former

Yugioh
Blink 182
Malcolm
Ps2
Dark magician girlThe girl

Bit drunk off brandy

The former. Flapjack was good, though.

Honestly even the first set of things sound like mid 2000's shit to me. But I'm not from America so it probably just took a while longer to get here.

>this

>1995
I mostly remember Pokemon, Rugrats and Spiderman as far as TV

Especially Pokemon, that shit was fucking huge and I'm not even from Japan or the states