Why isn't there a party for the moderate?

Why isn't there a party for the moderate?

>support guns, while supporting sensible gun control (no large magazines, no "assault rifle" weaponry, because I'm not a paranoid militia member thinking I need to defend against the government)
>support abortion only within the first trimester except in cases of birth defects and mother's life
>support stronger border enforcement, don't support blanket amnesty, support work-for-it citizenship
>oppose all these goddamn endless middle-eastern wars, let them kill each other, and let Israel fuck up Palestine if it wants
>support stronger inspection of any middle-eastern immigrants
>support fair taxing of the rich (no loopholes, same percentage paid as everyone else)
>support English as the official language, America should not become a bi-lingual country
>support a national standard for education to make it easier for high schools and college students to be on the same level nation-wide (may or may not be Common Core, though CC does many things right)
>support environmental protection, acknowledgement of climate change (even fucking Nixon started the EPA)
>support initiatives to move off of coal and oil
>don't support legislation that bans less-efficient products when alternatives aren't always as good (CFL, LED have downsides to incandescent)
>support more funding for space exploration, because riding Russian rockets is an embarrassment
>support restructuring all government assistance programs to more actively enforce employment requirements
>don't support affirmative action

I'm sure there's more, but you get the idea. I can't vote for either party because they're both retarded extremists.

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/25/epa-pooping-hallways_n_5530650.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>support guns, while supporting sensible gun control (no large magazines, no "assault rifle" weaponry, because I'm not a paranoid militia member thinking I need to defend against the government)
There's only one problem with this...

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

>le zenzible goon cuntroll mayme
Fuck off. Give them an inch and they take a mile.

you're thinking of the democratic party you pinko faggot

>the government will never hurt me!
>nationalized education is a good thing!
>EPA is a good thing!
>Coal and Oil is bad so we should punish companies by subsidizing their competitors!
>Your money should go to NASA because I like it!

Fix these things and you have something like the Reform Party.

All memes aside, there is no reason why ordinary civilians should be allowed to own assault weapons.

Wrong. The constitution wasn't written with fucking assault weapons in mind. It says nothing about limiting the type.

There's literally nothing you need that type of weapon for except to kill people, and only paranoid freaks are afraid of the government enough to insist that we need that ability.

To shoot back, faggot. God damn I hate leafs.

Of course not! We should limit this right because there really isn't a point. A police state could and would never happen!

You can't stop the government no matter what type of gun you have.

The EPA was started because RIVERS WERE CATCHING ON FIRE. There were SMOG ALERTS EVERY SINGLE DAY. People don't even remember that time period. The environment was a fucking disaster. Without environmental protection, companies will do that all over again. Do you really want to choke on shitty air and drink poison water?

>large magazines
you mean standard magazines. no standard magazines.

Likewise, it doesn't say anything about muskets either. It just says arms. That applied to cannons for privateers to use as well.

>There's literally nothing you need that type of weapon for except to kill people,
Yeah, to kill government.

You do realize that there has been nearly no murders with a assault rifle? Because to be an assault rifle, it needs to have select fire capability, and if you actually did your research you would know that requires a class 3 ffl license, which is very hard to aquire, and you basically lose your 5th amendment rights.

Which hickok45 video is this from?

Define "assault" weapon

Tell you what, all you pinko scum relocate to Europe, and in exchange all right wing freedom loving Europeans will be allowed to resettle in the USA.
I wonder which nation would be more prosperous?

To even assume that you need to kill the government is proof of your paranoia, and why your opinion on the subject is entirely irrelevant.

>sensible gun control
>(((moderate)))

Because there are far too many moneyed interests.
Also, people thrive on dividing our population.

It was titled something along the lines of "UZI drive by's"

>sensible gun control

go fuck yourself

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
>Folding or telescoping stock
>Pistol grip
>Bayonet mount
>Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
>Grenade launcher mount

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
>Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
>Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
>Barrel shroud safety feature that prevents burns to the operator
>Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
>A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
>Folding or telescoping stock
>Pistol grip
>Detachable magazine.

You don't understand. I don't even want you buck-toothed fuckwits over here either unless you have something to contribute to our country.

When you figure out Brexit, get back to me. Until then, you're all an embarrassment that can't even figure out how to vote.

>You can't stop the government no matter what type of gun you have.
fuck off with the drones meme

Giordani air rifle

>To even assume that you need to kill the government is proof of your paranoia, and why your opinion on the subject is entirely irrelevant.
>opinion is entirely irrelevant
Fighting off a tyrannical government was literally the reason for the 2nd amendment.

>is proof of

>>support guns, while supporting sensible gun control (no large magazines
Stopped reading right there. You're a democrat, AKA a retard.

How do you think this country was founded, my friend?

There is no such thing as moderates.

So what you're saying is, I can have an AR15 with a 60 round mag, but as long as it has an M16A1 style stock I'm good?

>The constitution wasn't written with fucking assault weapons in mind.
If you value free speech you wont advocate these kind of arguments. But I'm sure you don't value free speech, so go ahead with your spreading dangerous ideas across the globe instantly using technology that never could have been imagined when the constitution was drafted.

>HRURRR

Your first point makes you a leftists.
Die you treasonous shit.

No clearly I don't value clear speech. I just don't think that all types of guns are necessary to our society so clearly I'm anti-American and want to put everyone into concentration camps.

Do you retards even hear yourselves talk sometimes?

>no large magazines, no "assault rifle" weaponry, because I'm not a paranoid militia member thinking I need to defend against the government
"because I'm not a paranoid militia member" is not a very good reason.

I don't believe that climate change is caused by people, but we should move off of coal, oil, ect. because one fucking day, we'll run out of that shit, and it will be a YUUUGGEEE riot. Better off doing solar and wind power and shit now than doing it later.

We don't need to ban guns, we need to ban wackos and criminals from getting guns.

Fuck Common Cuck! Let education be managed on a local level.

Lastly, I agree with the abortion stuff, but also let victims of rape and/or incest abort their kids.

Other than the before mentioned, I fully agree!

It will still have a pistol grip.

S E L E C T F I R E

none of your gun control issues are 'sensible'
basically you just posted what the republican party with the exception of your retard tier gun control meme

"Sensible" gun control, yeah fuck off you shill.

>The same EPA that lied about 9/11, lied about transparency, suppressed studies that went against their agenda.

>"sensible gun control"
Watch your family die like Dr Petit.

It's literally the only reason that anyone wants those type of weapons.

You show me one single person in this country who considers themselves moderate who wants everyone to have any kind of weapon they can hold. You won't find them, because they're all staunch right-wingers who want to kill liberals.

Most right-wingers don't even deserve the right to own guns since they're dangerous to society, but I allow you to have that right.

ITT, paranoid Republishits who are only worried about whether they can one day own that M16 that they jerk off about in dad's hunting magazine.

This thread was for moderates, not scared little faggots.

liberals are a special kind of retarded

What about now?

Someone needs a history lesson.

How does a pistol grip make a gun more deadly?

>because muh ergonomics ;^)

>I'm out of arguments so REEEE conservatives get out of my thread

Watch steven crowder's video on the second amendment, it uproots your entire argument

That gun has a flash suppressor, the rail counts as a grenade launcher mount, and also as a bayonet mount. So yes, it is an assault weapon.

EPA Employees Asked To Stop Pooping In The Hallway

Federal employees at the Environmental Protection Agency have been instructed to stop defecating in the hallway of a regional office in Denver, Colo., according to an internal e-mail obtained by Government Executive.

huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/25/epa-pooping-hallways_n_5530650.html

Yeah, top tier organization you're defending their, shithead. They're tree-hugging degenerate apes, flinging shit both figuratively and literally. They also polluted the Colorado river because they were unwilling to work with local engineers.

>having a gun makes me a scared little faggot
Police response time is around 11-12 minutes, in a self defense situation, I think I'd be much more of a scared little faggot if I didn't have one

I'm with you on everything but abortion. Its no one else's business but the parents.

But yea, thinking is hard.

here's another (you) to make you feel better

Has a rail, which can be used to mount a bayonet or grenade launcher, so it still counts as an assault weapon.

I'm sure they didn't have the Internet in mind when writing the First Amendment either.

Since this has become a gun discussion let me ask a question
Would pro second amendment people support having to taking courses to learn how to shoot in order to own weapons? it's not necessarily infringing and could prevent some tragedies by people who make bad decisions fast

i am moderate and have no problem with the hundreds of millions of AR15s and AK47s legally owned in america that will never be used to kill a single person. that are RARELY ever used in a crime. that are the home defense solution for people who are recoil sensitive or small in stature. that put the law abiding good people on equal or better standing than a criminal. and that act as part of the system of checks and balances of our nation that makes it physically impossible for tyrannical government to take hold

S H A L L ! ! !

You can't mount a bayonet on picatinny, it can only be mounted if it has a bayonet lug

1/10, made me respond.

>he thinks he's an American when he doesn't even support the Bill of Rights.

Except that is still infringing.

jfc I can't even tell what's a bot any longer.

>republifags think "moderate" means you can only have republican values

lol goddamn you guys are fucking entitled self-absorbed little shits, aren't you?

moderate means you have positions on both sides. if I were a "commie scum" I would say you can't have ANY guns.

more pathetic is how the gun issue is literally the only one you latch onto. grow up, kids.

the weapons control is about defending against foreign governments, stupid.
remember when the usa military needed to borrow privately owned cannons and war ships for the navy to defend against the uk?

oh u dont remember? what are they teaching you in school these days? how to follow the leader?

>gun grabber
Kill yourself

That's not a rail, you dumb leaf. It's a heat shield.

You're not a moderate. Sorry.

See:

IT'S CALLED GARY JOHNSON YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

>>support guns, while supporting sensible gun control (no large magazines, no "assault rifle" weaponry, because I'm not a paranoid militia member thinking I need to defend against the government)
this isn't a moderate stance its an uninformed stance

go ahead cite the gun homicides where ar-15s are used cause its not like an overwhelming majority are committed with handguns right? haha lol

>cherrypicking stances from different ideologies means I'm "moderate" and that means I'm right of course
I bet you watch CNN because it's "moderate" too.

>I'm not a paranoid militia member thinking I need to defend against the government)
You live in a fucking republic. As the Marian reforms proved, citizens need to be armed to guard against a tyrannical government within a republic.

>Why isn't there a party for the moderate?

You're all a bunch of dull cucks and should inhabit a slave class that doesn't have voting rights anyway.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

The "sides" and the division aren't stationary.

>i'm a fucking edgy 18-20 year old the thread

Kill yourself.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Typical burger education.

>t. South Park philosopher

>rail counts as a grenade launcher mount
maybe in your retarded country, not in america dumbass
>flash suppressor
omg, do you know how to use a wrench? how will you ever unscrew and replace that flash hider with a barrel thread protector or muzzle brake?

you know jack shit about guns leaf and its no surprise because your government prevents you from having basic rights

so now you know how stupid you are for coming here and doing this. I opened your thread hoping for a good discussion, I have plenty of views that don't align with any major party or Sup Forums. but you had to start off with your "sensible gun control" and you fucked up your own thread before it even got started. I hope you've learned something.

GUESS HOW I KNOW YOU'RE A RETARDED SHILL

>would share my gravy-fries with
Nice one leaf.

>tiny pistol bayonet knife made as a joke for gun people
>trying to stab someone with it while having 10 inches of barrel in front of the knife
>obvious troll

ok we get you are just trolling now, ignore his posts

They didn't have niggers in mind when saying all men are created free and equal either

>(no large magazines,
That sure stopped the terrorists in San Bern...

>pic
If those guns are the same thing, then what do you need assault weapons for? Just get the mini 14.

>maybe in your retarded country, not in america dumbass
Many militaries around the world use rails for mounting grenade launchers.

>omg, do you know how to use a wrench? how will you ever unscrew and replace that flash hider with a barrel thread protector or muzzle brake?
if it has a threaded barrel, then it's an assault weapon. lrn2read

op

and paris
and amsterdam
and belgium

Why would mounting a bayonet to anything turn it into an assault weapon suddenly? I don't understand this. I could easily turn any gun on earth into a bayonet with duct tape and a fucking knife.

>Constitution was written for le muskets and cap and balls
>private citizens could own warships with 40 cannons on each side, or more, with no limitation. Literally capable of destroying a whole town.

Are you a special kind of stupid?

if they are the same thing, why ban a made up class of assault weapons?

>may or may not be Common Core, though CC does many things right

Read up until there. See that's just the thing, moderates are disparate in their key issues. I was agreeing with you on most points but typically with moderates there are one or two hard sticking points that they just won't budge on, and since they're bound to be different from member to member it means we'll never truly be satisfied or have a 'perfect candidate'

are you literally retarded

Muskets were top of the line military weapons in the days of the revolution; the point was to keep the government constantly in fear of the people, as to make sure it never went all king george on the populace (stupid taxes, voting meant nothing because there wasn't any representation, etc).

If the revolution was more modern, surely I bet you the founding fathers would have wanted us to even have automatic weaponry, as the point was to give us a fighting chance against the government.

If the government bans everything because 'teh guns looks scawry,' then the founding fathers would probably be rolling in their graves.

The muskets used in the revolutionary war were so much more deadly than they are even now; if you got hit by even one of those musket metal balls, any bones that it hits would practically explode and fragment. The skin would usually be extraordinarily flayed apart upon entry, and any exit wound would leave a visible hole in you.

Even with modern medicine, you would never truly recover from a single hit, as you'd either probably need a total replacement of the bone, or simply a complete amputation in order to prevent the extremely likely chance of infection.

No legal modern weapon even compares. If the musket was modernized and made more accurate with a much higher reload speed, it would be a very deadly weapon, especially since the shots are so much bigger than even a 9mm

What logical argument defends ownership of a mini 14 but supports an 'assault weapons' ban?

it also wasnt written with the internet in mind. dear god if they had foreseen your shitposting faggotry OP, they would have amended the bill of rights to only apply to non-OPs

>The constitution wasn't written with fucking assault weapons in mind.
Come and take them then faggot.