Sup Forums, I need your help...

Sup Forums, I need your help. I just remembered yesterday a cartoon I used to watch a long time ago (picture and video related) and I thought I would look into it and watch it for the sake of nostalgia, but apparently there is barely anything about it online anymore. No wikipedia page and it's not even on the network's "previously aired" list. Anyone knows what happened and why there are almost no info/episodes around anymore? Cartoon's name is Wicked! by the way.

youtu.be/KWvj0ogDMlA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I8KRQI_TsMo
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/WickedPaulJennings
youtube.com/watch?v=Jrb0hNit01s
youtube.com/watch?v=7KSY6gYa1ow
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5jADMBKfEs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=I8KRQI_TsMo

It was inspired by an Australian book series by Paul Jennings and Morris Gleitzman (two of our most iconic childrens fiction writers)

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/WickedPaulJennings

Yes, I know tv tropes has a bad rap here, but it doesn't have a Wikipedia article

This + Deadly and Lil Elvis Jones and the Truckstoppers were legit good animated programmes from Australia.

We've only started to release some good ones recently too like Doodles, Suspect Moustache and that Space Pilot parody thing Reddit picked up a month or so ago.

I saw that "movie" on YouTube, but apparently it was made with snippets of the episodes, while I'm looking for the full ones. I appreciate the info bits, though.

>Doodles

You mean this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Jrb0hNit01s

Because this is Canadian

This actually sounds kinda neat, so it's a kids book series that got an animated series correct? Can you easily get the books online?

The TVTropes link posted says it's a rough adaptation, but more or less it is adapted from the books.

I don't know about getting the books, though. I don't even know if they came out in my country and even if they came out I don't know how they translated the title

I got a friend in australia, I'll ask them about it see if maybe they can pick some up for me

You could ask him if he knows anything about the animated series as well. I dunno, maybe there are DVDs with the episodes somewhere, or someone recorded it.

Holy shit,I remember this show

bump for interest

Paul Jennings was responsible for so much weird shit, Round the Twist really fucked me up as a kid. I revisited the series because I thought it couldn't have been that bad, but clearly I understimated it: youtube.com/watch?v=7KSY6gYa1ow

Stand back, cunts. Because here comes the best Australian cartoon ever made.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y5jADMBKfEs

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I FORGOT THIS SERIES EXISTED THANK YOU user YOU HANDSOME MAGNIFICENT BASTARD.

good ol vagina face

Did you know you can buy a Coredor figure based off the original stop motion model?

OP again here, I tried sending a mail to the current owners of the network that aired it, but I think there are little chances I'll get a relevant reply, or even a reply at all.

Only thing I could find was an old reddit thread (yeah yeah, whatever) about some guy trying to get some info on the show.
Nothing came out of it since apparently he even phoned some people and they hung up on him upon hearing the name of the show.

This is interesting though, good luck OP!

Fuck. I saw it too. It was fucked up. The dad was an apple guy all along.

Oh fuck yes I love Paul Jennings

Holy shit I was almost convinced that this was a show I made up in my head

Oh god, that show fucked me up badly. You just brought back a lot of forgotten nightmares op.

Bump

This thread is Candle Cove all over again

Except it's real and not a shitty creepypasta

OP here, still haven't got any reply from the network. I think the issue here is the change of owners the channel went through, at least where I live. The channel where Wicked! aired on was Fox Kids, that then became Jetix and in the end Disney XD when Disney bought Jetix out.

No one else with more info about what happened? Australian anons, maybe?

Hey, what about contacting the author of the books? Maybe he knows something about the show, too.

from what i remember theres 2 authors of the book series
it must have been after my time. i tried checking the abc shop but the search came up with that rastamouse tv series

You know what, that's not a bad idea. Although, as the user above me said, there are two authors

Oh, right. Sorry about that! Well, just reach out to both of them then. Maybe they are on facebook or have a website or something.

Here goes nothing. I sent the message both to Jenning's and Gleitzman's facebook pages because I didn't find an email address on their sites. Let's see when and if they reply.

Good luck

+1 internet

What the fuck

There is some honestly weird stuff you find on here.

Shiiiit
I remember this show. There was some little shit at school how drew the Apple Man all the time and pretended that it was his character, then I randomly caught an episode of this and called his shit the next day.
It's was creepy nonetheless.

Since we're already here, could anyone help me with the lyrics of the opening song? The audio quality is shit and I cannot distinguish a lot of words

I've been watching the movie and it's honestly pretty shocking what all is in it. Their pets get all of their bones and guts sucked out and there's literally a scene where the main girl takes her bra off after lots of coercing by the main kid.

dang

Australians, man. They're fucking bonkers.

This is what I got out of it.

from across the ocean on a cold dark night
something is coming and it doesn't feel right
and it sucks the good from everything in sight
you can feel the evil in it's cool green light
(WICKED!)
He was fooled by a virus that feeds on hate
the apple man works in his lab and waits
for hatred to fuel his darkest schemes
so don't get angry or you'll fall ill to his dreams
(WICKED!)
(WICKED!)
(WICKED!)

I appreciate it, thanks.

Genuinely interested in this. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread.

user with the Australian friend here, it seems the books are really easy to come by. And the dvds might actually exist. But they might be like 2 episodes a dvd. I asked for them to keep a look out for the stuff if they can.

Op here. You're doing God's work, user!

That's some wild stuff.

Not letting this thread die

Oh fucking hell, why do I remember that shit?

Anyone else get an archies weird mysteries vibe from this show?

I'm now having a 'Deltora Quest moment'. When did the books get an adaptation and why the hell have I never heard of it?

OP here. As of now, neither the network nor the two book authors have replied yet. If this thread isn't dead by tomorrow morning I will report eventual replies. If it's dead I'll make a new one.

>Mom please stop it
>you're drunk

Fair enough. I love learning about obscure shit ike this.

Excited to see what comes of it.

Please do user.