Why did the Martha scene trigger so many people around the world?

Why did the Martha scene trigger so many people around the world?

Because it's bad. The fighting scene is okay, but "Martha . . ." is quite silly to me.

Why was it silly to you? How is saying "save my mom" instead of "save Martha" going to help Batman find Martha?

It just seems dumb. One moment Batman is about to pierce Superman with a Kryptonite spear, and then the next, he is completely placated by just one word. Also, how would Snyder have written it Batman's mother and Superman's adoptive mother didn't happen to have the same name?

>PTSD victim acting like a PTSD victim

>>how would Snyder have written it Batman's mother and Superman's adoptive mother didn't happen to have the same name?
>How would people act if the circumstances were different?
I dunno. Differently, maybe?

If anything, saying "Martha" would only trigger Batman into being more violent and finishing Superman off. Also, I think it's just a cheap writing tool that they just happen to have the same name. I didn't hate the movie, but it is quite silly to me.

Snyder doesn't write things. Also anyone who wasn't apathetic to that scene has no business watching movies.

I'm actually a fan of the franchise and that was the worst thing about the whole movie

it's mind blowing how goddamn easy it would have been to keep literally the same impact on batman by just changing the line from "martha" to "mom" or "mother"

it was just illogical for supes to JUST say "martha" instead of "martha kent" or instead of just calling her mom. the line would have also signalised that superman is just a human like batman is

him calling her by her first name is just stupid and says literally nothing about the person in question

>he is completely placated by just one word

well, the "save martha" line is there to remind batman of his humanity and of his own mother. the scene itself was great but that one word wasn't

I am pretty apathetic to it. My least favorite scenes were the ones wear Batman kills people, Superman has sex with Lois Lane, and "Ding, ding, ding."

People hate what they don't understand.

It's as bad as the 'Tell me, do you bleed? ..................... YOU WILL"

Which would have been fine but they had to add the stupid "YOU WILL" part.

he has a say in what is included in the script. it is beyond me how test audiences didn't find the scene stupid though

>one word
>You're letting him kill Martha
>directly taps into the survivors guilt that led him to become Batman, making him question his entire identity and who he has become

>If anything, saying "Martha" would only trigger Batman into being more violent and finishing Superman off.

>MARTHA MARTHA WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!
>Stomps on Superman's neck and brings spear closer
>Doesn't stop until Lois Lane intervenes

Did you even watch the movie?

Turn your volume up you can hear him say Kent. He gasps it because Batman is already choking him.

How would "save my mom" make that scene better? Batman literally says "I bet your parents taught you that you mean something" to Superman a few moments before the Martha scene. The issue is not that he thinks Superman doesn't have a mom. The Martha thing just made him realize he wasn't doing what's right, what the death of his parents led him to do, and that Superman, despite his powers, is more 'human' than he thought, since he has a human mom.

Is this really that hard to figure out?

It was terribly written.

How would you fix that scene, mr. Spielberg?

Just saying "Martha" is far more dignified than superman yelling "SAVE MY MOMMY PWEASE BAT-KUN"

>the two greatest heroes on earth put their petty differences aside because their moms have the same name.

That besides how meaningless their confrontation was to begin with.

it was fucking stupid. i watched it in cinemas and half the audience groaned