Moon Knight Analysis

This is cool. Like Every Frame a Painting.

He definitely doesn't say Shalvey right though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KbMj9f0mcBA
youtube.com/watch?v=yIOGxsCvqaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wYqZtNP5Sq4
youtube.com/watch?v=HGBREIlHo7c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Link: youtube.com/watch?v=KbMj9f0mcBA

This is the correct pronunciation of Shalvey.

bretty good vid. subscribed

This is actually pretty good.

I know Sup Forums (or just Sup Forums) has a hard-on hatred for "game theories" videos, but this one made sense to me. All masters of story telling in comics use framing, pacing, and perspectives to lure you in.

The bit about the static color background was nice. I didn't notice that.

Cool thanks OP. But, how else would you pronounce Shalvey?

He pronounced Shalvey well.
His other vid is good too.
I'm glad we finally get a youtube channel for comics, that's not entirely pretentious shit.

Does this mean Kubo was right?

This really was a great action comic. Ellis' 6 issues were all so weird and distinct and based. Gone too soon

what did kubo say

How come we never do stuff like that on Sup Forums?

Pretty good. Reminds me of all the Manga analysis I would see of Appleseed and Akira by dudes like Adam Warren and David Brothers.

Kubo is still somewhat lazy because unless it's Karakura town all spirit world settings in bleach are deliberately designed to be mostly white walls and blank tiled floors. Once he introduces the inner walls of soul society you start to notice the large use of blank space.

What? Analyze comics? I've had discussions about comics art and pacing on Sup Forums before.

Because Sup Forums doesn't actually read comics.
Hence why non-company wars comic discussion is few and far between (let alone discussion of non-capes).

Sup Forums also has a habit of not understanding what makes good comics art. Half the time they're more concerned about a character's face not being drawn as something that can be used an reaction image and if the art is stellar but a character looks the slightest bit different their autism flares up.

I think this is also partly why I back off from reading books with art I find boring to look at but when the story is something to be praised I will see Sup Forums chug through it.

Keep in mind I'm still only talking big two here.

Most of it is very surface level, like people jerking off over jh williams spreads because his panels make the shape of a batman symbol

Source? That art is amazing.

> Says only Ellis and Shalvey even though the logo for the comic clearly includes Bellaire

What a dick.

Because people on this board genuinely think that faces and figures are the most important part of comic art

Ron Wimberley's issues of She Hulk. He did two issues.

Well to be fair, Kubo's art is usually pretty good.

Of all the things in Bleach that suck copious amounts of diseased moose cock, the art is not one of them

>Hence why non-company wars comic discussion is few and far between (let alone discussion of non-capes).
Well, a lot of the time it's because good comics are generally agreed upon and there isn't enough arguing or waifu/fetish-bait to fuel discussion.

Hellboy threads generally die young but the mignolaverse gets pretty damned favourable comments around here.

Fact of the matter is Sup Forums, like most places, just likes to whine.

It's easier to argue about what big 2 gimmick sells the most comics.

But even Sup Forums can have threads about older shows and films filled with discussion both positive and negative and that's supposed to be one of the worst boards on this site

>That art is amazing.

well you have shit taste don't you?

Well you do get that sort of discussion, it just often happens in unrelated threads.

I recall a pretty incredible explanation by one user on Kung Fu Panda's use of colour theory that blew my mind. Another discussion on Animorphs, which isn't even a Sup Forums series, which was pretty indepth.

It's not as common as it should be but good discussion does happen.

>Half the time they're more concerned about a character's face not being drawn as something that can be used an reaction image and if the art is stellar but a character looks the slightest bit different their autism flares up.

This is exactly how Sup Forums criticized Pulido's She-Hulk. Even though Pulido is amazing, it just didn't fit in Sup Forums's narrow view of what comics should be.

>muh pretty faces
fuck off

Sup Forums does too. It's all drowned out by the shit though.

Shelf threads, while I don't visit them too much anymore, had a lot of good discussion of the comics form in them

80's Marvel threads are usually pretty fun

Storytimes can have some real good discussion on the comics art form in them depending on what's being posted

Shelf threads hardly have any discussion these days

>CQC bro defending She Hulk
Man, this is weird. Usually you're a huge faggot so I thought you were on the BAD FACES train as well.

oh look, it's the average pleb he was talking about.

Yeah, I was in the most recent one and it's really disappointing but I left because I figured that was what was gonna happen to them. They used to be hard to find threads happening maybe once or twice, three times if you're lucky a week. Now there's daily ones and they die left and right with a ton of reposted images.

well you know what they say about broken clocks.

Kind of different, mostly comics interviews but check out Beyond the Longbox. They seem to post infrequently but they recently threw up a Meredith Gran interview and had a short discussion here on Sup Forums.
youtube.com/watch?v=yIOGxsCvqaQ

Their first episode is checking out the 2000 AD offices which is pretty cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=wYqZtNP5Sq4

How do you know when you've just read a beautiful comic page? For me it's a small shiver down my spine and a desire to go back to that page and read it through again.

I think bad faces is a valid criticism of comic art, big 2 especially. Most characters have long running standard depictions and when artists ignore those (like the Winberly issues) or draw wonky and ugly faces it distracts from the positive aspects of the art.

That said people on Sup Forums do often put way to much importance on faces and you get people calling Quietly shit for his faces being kind of lumpy.

He's done one about Southern Bastards as well: youtube.com/watch?v=HGBREIlHo7c

Some of this stuff he's noticing is ridiculous though. The dog and Earl? Latour all but confirmed it on twitter too.

I think you simplified what they meant by that.
His art works on a macro and micro level aswell.
He has a great way of showing movement panel by panel, and the series of panels themselves mean something to the overarching story that page tells. He doesn't just tell stories by going from one panel to the other, but his layout aswell tells you what you should be feeling, thinking, observing during your read.

Nah, most people just go "woah look at that paneling!" and don't ever really expand, it looks cool and that's all they care about, if they mean to say more then they do a bad job of conveying it

Amazingly shit.

That page is awful... Its not storytelling. That just "woah look at me!"