Mark Millar has just announced that he is taking a break sometime next year to work on either a new DC or Marvel...

Mark Millar has just announced that he is taking a break sometime next year to work on either a new DC or Marvel miniseries.
Apparently he has the option to do either.

The DC mini would be a Superman "epic" he's been dying to do.
The Marvel mini would be "important" universe-wise.

He wants to do one before heading into Starlight 2 or Huck 2.
Which should he should choose?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.millarworld.tv/t/a-special-millar-marvel-or-dc-project-next-year/7028
libgen.io/comics/index.php?s=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mark Millar writing a Superman epic?

I have no idea how to feel about this.

Given that he says that the Marvel mini would satisfy a "fanboy itch" it makes me think it could be Wolverine related.

Finally, Raze will get love he deserves.

Millar is probably the second best Superman writer ever after Garth Ennis.

Is this real or just a hypothetical situation?

It's real.

forums.millarworld.tv/t/a-special-millar-marvel-or-dc-project-next-year/7028

>I'll never work for DC or Marvel, ever
>He works for them again

Fucking hypocrate.

Who cares? We have the potential to have him back on Superman. That's hype as fuck.

I miss the edge

really? how many classic Superman stories Ennis had written?

Well, there's always Nemesis 2 and hope for Kick-Ass 4.
He's been implying there's more on the horizon for KA than the second HG mini

Hitman #34
JLA / Hitman
Sixpack and Superman vs. Doomsday and Lex Luthor

Only three, but that's the same number as Alan Moore and Ennis' stories are better overall.

I mean his big two work

patrician taste honestly
Millar > Morrison's Superman

WOW, that was a classic SUPERMAN story.
In a fucking hitman and sixpack. It's as classic as Red Son, you delusional wanker.

Why do edgy writers all like and write a good Superman?

because they're stupid

Please keep him Marvel!

While I like a lot of his Marble shit
>"important" universe-wise
usually means terrible event bullshit, so fingers crossed for Best Big Blue Boy.

On one hand, he's a massive Supeman fan (it's kinda funny how so many ''edgy'' writers prefer Supes to broody characters like Batman), so I want to see him do that.
Then again, we've seen how well he handles ''important'' Marvel stories. Nigh on everyone in Civil War was out of character, so keep him away from any big crossovers.
However, I'd like to see how he handles Marvel Cosmic.

Any opinions on Huck Sup Forumsmrades?

>Starlight 2
Mixed feelings, I liked it, especially Parlov's art, but does it really need a sequel? also
>Millar sequels

Not as bad as Chrononauts, but still really unimpressive as a story.

Starlight didn't need a sequel, but the title is "The Last Days of Planet Earth" and that is just...really exciting.
Only Millar sequel I'm really into is American Jesus 2: Messiah

Marvel might be the Star Wars/Marvel crossover comic he said he had an idea for.

But really, who wouldn't have an idea for that? Who wouldn't want to write that? It's guaranteed to be #1 no matter what's actually on the pages. It could be a rap battle between Vader and Cannonball and people would buy it.

>Cannonball
wrong neighnorhood mugga

But you're right. As a matter of fact, add some memes, a blink to social media users, some variants, and you're set.

>It's as classic as Red Son

Which is a classic.

. . .

I think it was a sarcasm, albeit porrly written

Read more Superman comics, idiot.

I thought he was blacklisted from DC for calling Paul Levitz a child rapist.

Levitz isn't around anymore and DC is clearly in "we need to make money" mode right now.

>The DC mini would be a Superman "epic" he's been dying to do.

Superman Skullfucks A Baby For A Hundred Pages: A Mark Millar Masterpiece

But at the end it turns out the baby was Joe Chill all along and a lifetime of superdick to the skull twisted his mind and caused him to embrace the life of a criminal.

You have shit taste. Superman Adventures is the greatest and purest representation of the character ever published.

>Mark Millar Superman epic
So that film trilogy he pitched years ago in comic form? Because I'd be done for that.

For Ennis is that Superman gets the best of him. Millar in the other hand is a huge superman fanboy and he is actually a really nice guy. The only reason he wrote so many edgy stuff was because he isn't able to write evil things and villains without going over the top. To explain this better imagine a woman writing a male character but she doesn't know how men are so she makes an over the top version of a macho kind of character

Wasn't all of Millar's good shit ghost written for him by Grant Morrison?

That's Mark Millar?

I thought it was Keith Harris

Marvel.
Superbitches don't deserve anything

Nope. Mark likes Superman.

>Millar on Supes again
yes please

It's not like Superman fans have high standards anyway, they even praise American Alien here.

Levitz is still writing Dr Fate you dumb cunt.

RIP

>Which should he should choose?
eating gluten-rich food until his Crohn's makes him shit blood

Agreed. It's some of Mark Waid's best ghostwriting.

You like or not Millar is one of the best guys in the industry to make heart warming comics (superior, starlight, Huck and even parts of his authority run).
He is one of the esential sups fanboys. They even worked together(waid, millar and grant) in the 90s to make a comic of superman but in the end they splitted for differences

>marvel panicking over Rebirth and CW2 is real
>so they throw a Star Wars/Marvel crossover together to maintain their lead
I could believe it.

Morrison wrote red son.

Mark also likes being retardedly edgy for the sake of it.

>You like or not Millar is one of the best guys in the industry to make heart warming comics

Are you fucking joking? He's one of the WORST there is. He has no idea how human emotions work, other than SHOCK! HORROR! RED SKULL THROWS A BABY OUT OF THE WINDOW! ARE YOU SHOCKED YET?!!!

He mad Bendis did Civil War II

>using Ultimate Avengers as a baseline
Try harder

But Superman seems like the thing right? Especially since the main books are in that mid tier Tomasi/Gleason/Jurgens range. Millar doing a classic heroic Superman thing could def be a good catch for Rebirth

Yeah the main books look like trash. Millar on Superman would actually give me reason to care about Rebirth Superman if it's in-continuity.

is anything "important universe wise" in Marvel?

Return of Wolverine?

He's going to do the Marvel one because Marvel will offer more money.

Is there any evidence for this? I know its public record that Morrison ghostwrit some of his Authority issues.

Mark Waid can't write Superman to save his life.

I'm trying to think of how he can get an All Star title like Snyder

All Star Lois and Clark
All Star Man of Tomorrow

Well if he let someone ghostwrite for him before it stands to reason he'd do it again cause why not?

He will do DC just to piss off Morrison

The request was for evidence, not speculation.

Why aren't Morrison and him "friends" again?

What's with traditionally edgy writers, such as Millar and Ennis, toning down and loving Superman unironically?

It makes them feel better about themselves.

>see? I like Superman so I am not a bad person! Now let's go back and write decapitaded babies, womb bombs and other super edgy and tryhard stuff

Just like mobsters being religious and believing in Jesus

>projecting

>Superman Adventures is the greatest and purest representation of the character ever published.

It really, honestly is. Scott McCloud and Mark Millar both had fantastic runs on that book.

Just asking here because its a Millar thread
But does anyone know where I can find scans of some Millar comics like Supercrooks, Superior, Kingsman etc?

I really want to see his Super-epic. He's get to bring all the toys out of the toy box.

no he didn't

Excited no matter what he chooses.

Please, be a reboot of the Ultimate Universe.

comixology

libgen.io/comics/index.php?s=
Here you go my boy.

Everyone seems to agree he should choose the Super-epic. No question. Mark fucking loves Superman and it shows. The characters brings the best out of him.

I'm just curious about the Marvel thing but it seems like it can wait.

I just want to know what was in Millar's Superman note books!!!!

I dont even want to read his comics. Just let me see whats in the note books

God, no. Let it die. Marvel editorial can't even keep track of one universe, don't make them try to do two again.

Something to do with the Authority issue Morrison ghostwrote and Millar being upset when Morrison publicly brought up the ghostwriting. Add in Millar's absurd level of success in comparison to Morrison despite being Morrison's protege and comic writer drama

Too bad shit like Red Son cancels it out.