So, what is Jessica Jones doing in the comics at the moment?

And what should I read to catch up with her appearances since Civil War?

In the recent poster, she was relatively near the front, and her show has done well, so I imagine they are currently regretting making her a mommy and trying desperately to think of stories they can tell with her.

Personally I liked her better in Alias. She had tried to be a hero, failed, and was a mildly-superpowered PI with PTSD and drinking problems. I mean, she was a breath of fresh air from the usual heroines, and even heroes. Now she is pretty much just a reasonably well adjusted super-heroine mommy.

Where can she go from here, Sup Forums? She's 'popular' now. Soft reboot away from Cage and parenthood? death and an alternate, less happy Jessica in the 616?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LQV2QwaqwAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cameoing in Hellcat.

As written by Kate Leth.

Marvel is already doing the whole mother superhero thing with Spider Woman, they will keep her quiet for a while. They're mostly pushing for movie characters, not Netflix. You don't see them suddenly pushing Daredevil either. It's all about Carol / Inhumans.

So no Marvel probably doesn't care about Jessica Jones right now and won't unless they have a great idea for a story to tell with her.

There were some rumors awhile ago of an Alias revival with Bendis and Gaydos again. With the Marvel Now relaunches getting announced in a month or two, it might be there.

Do we even need to care?

All this women pushing in comic books is shit and I'm glad this medium is dying

Thanks, that all? Which Avengers was she in again? Need to get hold of the old stuff if I'm going to build an Alias/JJ folder.

True, but she has moved up in 'value' from when she was just in her own miniseries. None the less, I agree. Still expected her to be in more than Hellcat.

Not really, I agree it sucks, but I was surprised to find I liked Jessica and X-23 at least. A broken clock is right twice a day, after all. So I plan to keep up with both.

I like broken people in my fiction, and both Jessica and X-23 are good examples, as far as shitty comic writing goes.

Right, after a bit more reading, I see she does a little more than sit on Luke's trophy case and carry her brown baby around.

youtube.com/watch?v=LQV2QwaqwAs

She seems to play a fairly important role as the New and Mighty Avengers go on.

She shows up Power Man and Iron Fist as a supporting character. Generally speaking, she's more of a Luke Cage supporting character than a solo act these days.

Generally, you want to check out:
>Bendis' New Avengers (post-CW)
>Bendis' New Avengers vol. 2
>Ewing's Mighty Avengers
>Ewing's Captain America and the Mighty Avengers
>ANAD Power Man and Iron Fist
That'll cover the majority of her post-CW appearances.

What's with the recent trend of drawing male heroes acting like retards whenever women are around?

This picture is from over 10 years ago.

Bendis said recently on his Tumblr, I believe that he was assembling all the old team together to create a new Jessica Jones story. Post-Alias, Pre-motherhood.

That could be... good? Seems motherhood really is being something of a snare rather than anchor. And I suspect it does mean the baby us either getting magically aged up, erased, or she is dying and getting replaced with another universe version of her that never married Luke.

I remember those horrible early 00s Bendis Avengers, with Spidey and Logan out-of-place on the team, "I'm with" banners on Newsarama, and endless event crossovers stagnating and convoluting any semblance of sense and continuity.

It's a wonder Brubaker managed to get Cap through all that mess, the only consistently good series from then, apart from bits of Immortal Iron Fist (and Fraction irritates the shit out of me).

Why can't I have my youth back, and mid 80s Marvel back, as well?

We waited for a long time to see Hawkeye return, only to get that silly Ronin variation, and then t-shirt guy, both self- consciously embarrased by superhero comics. And if neverending events weren't enough punishment, movies and tv brought fake-geek hipster SJWs into the fold, with their incessant vocal-minority bleating of how immoral comics culture is, yet they just won't go away.

How does Jessica compare to the other Defenders? In the comics, she is at least a little durable, whereas in the Netflix show she seems as fragile as a normal human. She seems to soley have moderate super-strength.

I imagine Daredevil would take her apart with ease simply due to his ninja training; though in the 'flix shows, thugs are able to land hits, and Jessica would only need a single good one. Luke takes her apart every time, I think.

But how about Iron Fist? I know very little about him, but he seems to have gotten his powers from the discount bin. I imagine his martial arts would again take her apart pretty easily. But how does he compare to someone like Black Widow or Black Panther?

I'm wary of his Netflix entry.

Nah, it will just be slot in before Danni is born.

A book by Bendis was rumored not too long ago and with Marvel Nower being a thing, it might show up there

Marvel had a Netflix crossover in Deadpool

Iron Fist's martial arts are supplemented by magic. He could take Black Widow, dunno about Black Panther though.

Wot. How would that work? I thought Alias ended with her being pregnant? Is Bendis going to ignore his own continuity again, that rascal?

something something Secret Wars

>Marvel had a Netflix crossover in Deadpool

It.... did? Huh? I must have missed it. Where?

Because that is a cheeky but awesome breach of the current licenses if it happened, as Deadpool technically takes place in whatever fucked up reality the X-Men films are in. It was already a pretty clear nod how like the Helicarriers the final battle-site was.

That said, after how well Spidey went in Civil War, chances are there will be some agreement to cross over the settings at some point, or Disney will just outright pay for the license.