Anyone else feel like DC should do something with Superman where he actually looks and behavels like um idk...AN ALIEN?...

Anyone else feel like DC should do something with Superman where he actually looks and behavels like um idk...AN ALIEN??? Weve had all kinds of superman proxies in the past, and Martian Manhunter is the only one that should have stuck as the real Supes.
>new superman run
>actually looks like an alien
>writers bring back his axed shapeshifting powers
The only thing that would be a bit tricky writing is trying to justify the Kents adopting a grotesgue alien baby. Everything else would fall back into place and go like the usual superman story once Supes adopts his Clark persona.

I wanna fuck that alien loli

No you don't.

Get back to your amputee cheesecake comic Diaz

Yes i do especially when it barfs umf

>where he actually looks and behavels like um idk...AN ALIEN?
Nope.
I prefer the humans are Kryptonian & Daxamite progeny implication. Same with the New Gods being humanoid and so on. Adds potential lore like why Earth is so central and humans seem to have latent magic and psionic and extraterrestrial breeding potential and other such convenient abilities, i.e. they were designed to be potential breeding sows and intentionally made weak so they couldn't fight back.

You mean like a Mexican?

Not really, no.

No.

No. You really don't. That's the mind control rays talking.

Aliens looking different from us is just an assumption.

Suppose the way humans look is a product of our environment, maybe this is as efficient a form as it gets for our needs, and if only Earth-like planets can generate life...

Why does a squid have a bellybutton anyway?

I prefer this too.

So you want to change kryptonians physiology to a weird alien?
I mean he wouldn't be able to blend in unless you gave him shapeshifting powers.
Which in that case might as well do a What If where martian Manhunter gets Superman's origins.

OH WAIT
What about an elseworld story where Martian Manhunter as a baby and Superman as a baby both crash into Kent farm at the same time.
They both get raised, and become superhero brothers.
A few tense moments where J'onn is angry/conscious about how he has to hide his true form while Kal doesn't, and since J'onn develops his powers at birth and becomes a hero first Kal always feels like he is playing catch-up to his brother.
Now that's a story I'd read.

Why is it every fucking casual who wouldn't read a Superman comic if you paid them has an idea that he would be sooooo much better if he wasn't Superman?
There's room for all sorts of characters in the setting. Pick a few you like and leave the rest alone.
Also, what would be the point of having him look alien and then shapeshift all the time anyway so it's a non-issue? For realism? You would have to change a lot more than that.

i forgot which story line it was, but superman was raised as a human with human values. his brain might be alien, but he thinks like a human and that's what he's suppose to be.

all the bs about reading at super speed/thinking at higher levels/etc is bullshit.

no, i've never felt like that should be a thing ever.

max landis wanted to do something like that in american alien.

Have supermans pod scan john and martha and then alter clarks appearance to match them.

kind of makes him their son in full but allows other kryptonians to look like creepy insect creatures. his argument was that it would make Zod a more interesting counterpart to supes. but I think it doesn't add much and just makes super girl difficult to explain.

>um idk...AN ALIEN???
jesus christ how old are you?

Super girl shouldn't have existed in the first place so its not much of a loss.

Hell no. The whole point of Superman is that despite his god like powers he's a relatable down to earth human-being.

>like um idk...AN ALIEN???

Best Superman.

Im not saying it has to be permanent. Just want to see what an run with an actual alien Supes would be like. You all are so opposed to any kind of change in your precious comics you disregard companies can do creative but non official things with characters. Superman has been black, gay, evil and everything in between since his creation, but none of them were official changes to the man of steel. Just one off things.

user, I'm special agent Fox Mulder and I'd like to ask a few questions. Were you exposed to lots of extraterrestrial imagery as a child, do you think that might be why you're so obsessed with alien representation in media now? Also have you ever tried undergoing any hypnosis therapy to drag up any repressed memories from childhood you might have?

We're only even having this conversation because the dinosaurs just happened to die out. Go back further, lifeforms now would look VERY different if the precambrian extinction didn't occur. It took a lot of luck and crazy bullshit required for mammals alone to dominate.

Hell OXYGEN killed off a lot of the first single-celled lifeforms.

I had an idea for an alien-looking supes but it's probably bad.

>Everything else would fall back into place and go like the usual superman story once Supes adopts his Clark persona.

You got that exactly backwards, you fuckwit.

Fuck off Fag Landis

>Anyone else feel like DC should do something with Superman where he actually looks and behavels like um idk...AN ALIEN???

Fuck off, normalfag.

>X Files/MIB crossover never ever

Anybody have that one mockup of an alien Superman by Aaron Diaz?

Because that was stupid.

>X-Files/Twin Peaks crossover never ever ever
I just want a three way between Mulder, Scully, and Cooper.

I actually thought his Batman,Robin and Superman redesigns were pretty good.

>I mean he wouldn't be able to blend in unless you gave him shapeshifting powers.
>implying

>Mulder
>On someone else's case about an alien obsession

Are you trying to Skully me right now?

You're completely right user.

So, which alien should species should we base him off of in the next run? Please provide one real world example for our team

He does that in most cases he think might be about aliens. Scully tries to easy them into the alien nonsense where Mulder is just like "Did you fucking do it? Are you an alien?"

Your mom would be a good reference

>kind of makes him their son in full
Stepping in the shit there, the whole point is Clark is adopted like any other kid with the knowledge he isn't theirs but still loved like their own son.

Ah, like Icon.

We have other characters for this already, why make Superman this?

Why are you posting on Sup Forums Diaz?

Make a new character that then. Why do you need to change a on established character so drastically?

If it's an entirely new character you can get even more creative with the premise.

History channel, plz

Why would he behave like an alien?
He arrived as a baby, it wouldn't make sense for him to behave differently than how he was raised.

By that logic Hank Hill should have a NYC accent.

10/10 would read/buy

I agree that aliens should be aliens. Big jellyfish, talking wheels made of leafs, etc. But the Kryptonians are just extra-polished humans. Take a settler fleet, drop then on a barely survivabel portion of Krypton, and have them slowly evolve to fit the planet, which is still trying to kill them. They could always get into Krptonian quirks. Stuff like relish and fiberglass is a aphrodisac, or Kal's being raised in Kansas is the only thing that would have cured him of being afraid of low places- like a reversal of being afraid of heights. Everybody going crazy because of a widespread case of the kryptonian brain-dwelling common cold might be an explanation for the Superdickery era, if not the silver age of DC in general.
"This was normal on his planet?"

By that logic an alligator raised by cats should be an adorable pet you can hold in your lap.

Why do leftards have no concept of biology, especially biology of the brain?

What, you haven't seen Man of Steel yet? If you want an odd and alien superman, Zack Snyders got ya covered

Kill yourselfs you humanistic fucks, and alien looking superman would be fucking awsome.

His name is SuperMAN.

His name is not Super-Tentacle-Monster.

Max Landis tried to push this and it further proves he completely misses the point of Superman with him being a "nice guy from Kansas".

Sometimes DC does a "what if Clark and Superman became two different people" story lines and they generally make Clark "cooler" and Superman "colder and more alien"

Which is weird because Kryptonians seem like normal people for the most part.

It's more a cultural thing. He wouldn't be able to speak perfect kryptonion and have their accent. When Supergirl landed she even pointed out that he doesn't have an accent and his speech sounded very robotic, because he didn't grow up with kryptonions.

That's the point of Superman. He's an alien, but he was raised here. Despite his powers, he's more human than Kryptonion.

Idk why you're bringing up political shit though.

Them he really does but because the desire was artificially implanted on his mind.

No, but Supergirl should be. I hated the fact she always acted like a typical American Teenager rather than someone who just lost everything she ever cared about and loved up until the nu52.

Cool Elseworlds idea.

Would read/10

>Have supermans pod scan john and martha and then alter clarks appearance to match them.
He wanted to make Superman a Transformer?
No wait, that's the Iron Giant.

Holy three way reference Batman.

gb2 reddit

Using logic with one of the worst heroes ever conceived is a fool's game user

So basically you want a silver age story
Where Superman is suddenly turned into a different looking creature, that we all know is temporary but the cover is making us believe it'll be legit or permanent for sale reasons alone.

I would love to see a Superman/Invader Zim parody where Superman actually looks like an alien and Clark looks like a poorly disguised alien while Lex Luthor keeps trying to expose him but nobody believes.

>Clark is Superman! Can't you see it? His skin is grey like Superman, he have a huge bulbous head like Superman and have 4 fingers in each hand like Superman!
Shut up Lex! I know Clark since we were kids while Superman is a super hero who came recently from space to protect us. Clark have a big head because he studied a lot and got a big brain, also Clark is not bald, he needs glasses to see well and certainly don't have super strength, I'm way stronger than him. And about his skin, are you racist Lex? Is that why you have your head sooth bald? Don't you dare to try to hurt my friend you nazi!

It's literally a new born

It is really cute though. Would like to father a child like that.

>I want to raise an alien baby

Get off from Sup Forums Mrs. Kent

You already saw how pissy people got over DCEU Supes, don't make it even worse by making him more alien.

No that sounds boring.

Now THIS is a good idea. I've always wanted Supes to have a brother.

Could use a Durlan in J'onn's place if you wanted, too.

No I want a superman that looks like an alien, but raised with Kansas values and has to go chameleon mode in order to fit into human society.

Just make him from Durla or Mars then instead of changing Kryptonians.

Well a durlan wouldnt have nearly as many powers as a martian so durlan brother so he might get so envious of Supes that he goes full Lex Luthor hatred jealousy

OOOHH
Unless you made him a durlan who becomes the first Earth GL
And because of the ring he finds out about Krypton and Durlan
And while he feels for Clark for finding out dead planet he learns he was supposed to be an invasion scout and messages from Durlan to be their inside man for invasion and he has to choose between Earth or Durlan

agreed

No. What's the fucking point in that? In the Superman universe there are human-aliens and non-human aliens.

>Anyone else feel like DC should do something with Superman where he actually looks and behavels like um idk...AN ALIEN???
Then you missed the point of why Superman was sent to Earth; the only reason he was sent to Earth at all is because of our similar physical appearances. It was INTENTIONAL. If he was different from us he would have been sent to some other planet.

XENO PIGGU GO HOME

XENO PIGGU GO HOME

XENO PIGGU GO HOME

Yeah, it could be pretty fun and interesting too. Maybe Zod is the alien in it's true form and he doesn't like Clark looking like a human.

>Comic where Superman looks like an alien... Just like all the other habitants of the planet he landed as a baby

>Maybe Zod is the alien in it's true form and he doesn't like Clark looking like a human.
Wait a minute, I just realized this is the Will You Still Love Me As Miss White Martian angle from Young Justice.

The DC universe is one in which human beings were created throughout the universe, they didn't evolve randomly.

>Clark still only wears glasses and a suit as his disguise and no one notices.

That's its ass hole.

Why not just write a new character?

Didn't J cut an umbilical cord in that scene? That whole part was about a delivery.

So yeah. Does roger have mental powers and thus projects an image similar to his disguises?

>non intelligent creature who pretty much follows instinct.
Vs
>intelligent creature who picks up it's identity and personality via the culture it grew up in.

Wow, you are some kind of special, aren't you?

I don't understand your image. Why would you post regular Clark Kent? The joke I was talking about is he's supposed to look inhuman.

>he doesnt like fresh meat
low test

Wait, are you implying that humanity in DC were created by aliens to serve as sex slaves and breeding stock?

This explains why humans would fuck anything... This is not a sexual perversion, I was engineered to serve as a breeding machine for a race similar to my fetishes.

What else could we possibly exist for?

Godwave means everyone of worth is humanoid dumbass

That explain all the human/alien hybrid species in the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Even so the idea of humans being the biggest sluts of the galaxy bother me for some reason.

You can be humanoid but don't look human
>With regard to extraterrestrials in fiction, the term humanoid is most commonly used to refer to alien beings with a body plan that is generally like that of a human, including upright stance and bipedalism.

I know right?
>If we were made as galatic sex machines why there is no cute alien girl abusing me?

That would explain why all the aliens look Superman weird whenever he's with Lois. Superman is actually walking with a whore by his side.

Also, Hal Jordan and his constant sexual abuse by other alien species. They just see as a walking prostitute and wonder how he could become a Green Lantern. That's probably why the Guardians didn't wanted a human GL.

OH, MY GOD! This shit is so fucked up.

>Superman is actually walking with a whore by his side.

I'd say it might be kinda more like walking around with his blow up doll.

So humans are like Japanese sexbots?

>The only thing that would be a bit tricky writing is trying to justify the Kents adopting a grotesgue alien baby.

So don't have them do that. Have them immediately call the police when they discover a tiny confused space monster, which in all fairness is what most people would consider the right thing to do. Have little Kal-El grow up as a ward of the state. Have him unable to shapeshift because that defeats the whole purpose of asking what would happen if Superman actually looked like the alien he is.

He could still turn out okay. He could even be more noble than before, less of an entitled boy scout and more a quiet servant of a society he knows he'll never really be a part of.

I'm liking this idea