I'm sorry, this wasn't very good, and is rather overhyped

I'm sorry, this wasn't very good, and is rather overhyped.

Best part was johannsons bush

>pretentious: the flick
>lets not explain anything, theyll love it XD

i'm sorry to hear you feel that way. perhaps, going forward, the thing to do is maybe don't listen to hype

It's ok OP, we still like you

Did you like it?

do you have anything more substantial to say about it?

It's good pleb filter I agree.

i'm not saying it was great but did you need to be spoondfed every detail? the whole plot was pretty obvious and simple

I'm sorry too, your taste is awful and you've offered nothing of substance.

>people hate prometheus for the same reason

hmmm

It's called showing and not telling. The movie explains itself as it unfolds.

I think that's more to do with dumb character decisions though, like the alien snake petting zoo.

yeah but under the skin isn't a borderline remake with mentions of "xenomorph" replaced with "black goo stuff" in the script

it was a study of emotion, I don't see how providing more detailed context would have helped the film in any way

It was shit.

I'm curious for anyone who doesn't like it, why exactly that is. I don't imagine anyone on Sup Forums can articulate that though.

Much like when no one here can explain why they didn't like Primer

millennial reviews

Yeah, too bad it couldn't be good.

eh, under the skin is just idea and character driven - there's nothing it needs to explain further. prometheus is a prequel made for the purpose of worldbuilding and expanding its own universe, so not explaining anything is a problem

I mean it would be fine if it was at all compelling as a standalone film, but it's just stuck in an uncomfortable middle ground where it's too tethered to the alien franchise and all its cliches to work that way. scott should have made something completely new, and I have a feeling that was his original plan before he (or the studio) realized alien = $$$

oh. well thanks for sharing

You sound like a thickheaded person who can't see why anyone would dislike it, so, you're welcome

I can see why someone would dislike it, what I can't understand is why you would make a thread about it if you have nothing meaningful to say about it

I can see why people would dislike it but its kind of funny how you can't even come up with any reason. I mean not giving reasons is what makes you look like a retarded pleb so there must be something you didn't like it about it

You seem like a thickheaded person who can't see why anyone would like it

Interesting fact, the scenes where Scarjo was driving around picking up random dudes were actually candid cameras of Scarjo picking up Irish hitch hikers who had no idea they were being filmed for a movie

scottish, no?

I thought you were kidding but I looked it up

I'm pretty stupid and the movie was pretty clear in what was going on.

solid 8/10

He's right though, look at the thread

what did they need to explain?