Future SuperFood: Cockroach Milk

cnn.com/2016/07/27/health/cockroach-milk/
>Scientists have found that the Pacific Beetle Cockroach feeds its bug babies a formula which is remarkably rich in protein, fat and sugar.

>"Any liquid harvested from a cockroach is not true milk. At least not as we think of it," said Becky Facer, director of school and educator programs at Fernbank Museum of Natural History in Atlanta. Most people would agree. After all, the insect liquid takes the form of protein crystals in the guts of baby cockroaches.

>"The protein crystals are milk for the cockroach infant. It is important for its growth and development," said Leonard Chavas, one of the scientists behind the research. He explained the crystals have a whopping three times the energy of an equivalent mass of buffalo milk, about four times the equivalent of cow's milk.

>Chavas and his colleagues examined the species, also known as Diploptera punctata, which is the only species of cockroach known to be viviparous -- able to bring forth live babies that have developed within the mother's body, instead of the mother laying eggs to develop outside her body.

>Following tests and even genome sequencing, they discovered it was a complete food. "It is what one would need: protein, essential amino acids, lipids and sugars,"

>Though the crystal formation may seem surprising, other crystals, including insulin, take shape within the body for easier bodily storage -- and it could have potential for human consumption, the research suggests.

>Ultimately, however, Chavas and his team are hoping to reverse bioengineer cockroach milk, but first they need to understand the exact biological and chemical mechanisms underlying the process.
Join the conversation "For now, we are trying to understand how to control this phenomena in a much easier way, to bring it to mass production," Chavas said.

This will hit bump limit...again

I wanna drink Anzu's milk!

Sorry, I don't want to drink Mehmet's dick milk

looks like a good potential for food supplements.
Will be really fucking hard to sell though since everyone hates cockroaches because they're "icky".

>because they're "icky".

nah, i hate them for historical reasons

Shit beat me to it, saw this earlier was like wtf...2 things that disgust me, cockroaches and non mammalian milk...

just give it a brand name like "SuperMilk 2000", and write in a small font on the back "contains Blattodea extract"

>rich in protein, fat and sugar
1. buy steak
2. buy butter
3. buy sugar
4. buy blinder
5. ???
6. profit

how hard is this to do scientist? give me my goddamn Nobel Prize, bitches

Just call it Turkish Milk.

Wait...

Cockroach....

Cock

Milk?

Dam son

I bet this crazy ass just wants all to become cocksuckers.....

>lipids
people usually want to limit fat intake, and whole milk has more than enough
>sugars
there's this invention called chocolate milk
>protein
if you're not an athlete then milk already has enough proteins
if you are you drink some kind of protein isolate

Has anyone who isn't part of the research team called it a super food? highly doubt it. Just a bunch of scientists thirsty for some juicy grants

>Cockroach Milk
This is my fetish.

The elites keep beating this drum that we should eat bugs/bug products.

They are setting us up for Soylent Green society where Soylent is just bug juice and only the elite can afford single strawberries.

We already have top secret photo leaks from Ankara.

Roach milk is real.

adding gay to gross can not make something less disgusting

oh shit, they're kidnapping american women now? someone has to stop them.

looks good man

Is that set up (in the movie universe) sustainable for long periods of time? These people have little to no food. I don't see how the breast milk will have any nutritional value.

Cockroach Milk

And really though. If you read this isn't even about just eating the roaches, they want to find a way to synthesize the crystals (a little less gross) buy I can't imagine the machinery and processes and raw materials to do that costing less and a hydroponic set up or whatever. If they needed to they could throw vertical garden on every south facing wall with a fish farm in the basement for closed loop aquaponics. This bug shit is fucking ridiculous, it's gotta be a sick joke by the elites OR all our "world thinking humanitarians" are fucking stupid. Probably both

A liberal future

>Poor "world citizen" Mocha LGBTQA+ parents feeding their LGBTQA+baby health super food ORGANIC cockroach milk

Just fucking shoot me

Ooooooh my god. I'll have to draw this later.

Is lactose free?
> Be Anzu
> Find out Japanese people are lactose intolerant
> Go to Japan
> Give lactose-free cockroach milk to nourish cute nip bois
> pic related

that Jap friend of her has bad gum. What's wrong with his mouth? He thinks it looks cute or something?