If Star Trek Discovery doesn't take off successfully you do know that there will be no more Star Trek shows, right?

If Star Trek Discovery doesn't take off successfully you do know that there will be no more Star Trek shows, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=startrek2016.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's dead, Jim.

Oh god forbid we get new series instead of tired rehashes of beloved classics.

I've been fine with that since voyager.

I'd be happy with that. They need to stop putting modern political bullshit in our show so we can have creative, original shows full of talented actors. Actors or actresses that were picked based on their talent, and not on their skin color or gender.

It can't be worse than Enterprise at this point. This show was fucking awful.

>streaming exclusive

why do (((they))) want Star Trek to fail?

>take off
>paid online service from cbs
It's fucked

piracy finds a way

Wrong franchise.

>I'd be happy with that. They need to stop putting modern political bullshit in our show

Dude, Star Trek was always about diversity and some form of politics.

good

Season 3 and 4 of Enterprise are better than any of Voyager.

>online CBS exclusive

Why should I care?

Oh come on, it wasnt that bad. It destroyed less lore than Voyager, and had more of a "space cowboy" feel to it.

I liked it

It was good.

>being American
For the rest of the world, it's an online Netflix exclusive. [smug emoji]

> black woman
> chink woman
> muslim woman
> trans 'woman'

the fictional future I now believe in is a full fascist dictatorship

Sisko did nothing wrong.

>thinking white people will exist in the future

Dude, have you watched any Star Trek shows? This goes back to fucking the first one with Kirk, however the first one was well meaning because back then there was oppression. Now its just SJW bullshit. Even the original Kirk is calling out SJW bullshit.

>Muslim woman
There is no religion in the future. Do you mean arabic?

It looks really bad for discovery.
They've been hemoraging production staff for a few years now, and those show runners were terrible and already made several "no going back" decisions with budget commitments and investment. Robert orci is fucking aweful, he had a hand in fucking it then left. Brian fuller wanted it a bridge between ent and tos and OK'd the dumb design element, then he jumps ship. Finally Alex kurtzman fucks with the merchandising to the point prime timeline merch could be discontinued, HE gets fucking fired.
>Netflix saw the preliminary footage and was reportedly furious
>no one can tell where the fucking thing is set in Trek
>words "hard reboot" being thrown around
> entire production staff that has done Trek for years for effects/sets/ continuity was let go leaving not 1 person who's done this before
>the actors are reporting to talk shit and wonder if it will even see the light of day
>daily rumors of shot scenes you quote "can't give away"
>incredible tension between CBS (ala new Viacom) and Paramount
>numerous Trek alumni having fun on Seth McFarlands dumb parody show
>as insult to injury looks way more like Star Trek than current Star Trek.
>cbs would be fine, but paramount cannot lose big again as beyond lost upwards of 70 million
And my personal favorite
>there's rumors they've already destroyed the sets and there will be no more shooting. I question if this will even come out at all.
It's surreal, the show has everything going against it.

Yeah it's not like Star Trek was doing political bullshit since the 60s or anything.

>>cbs would be fine, but paramount cannot lose big again as beyond lost upwards of 70 million
This is nuts to me. There wasn't even anything else out when Beyond came out, how could it bomb so hard? It was by far the best modern Trek movie out of all the shitty new ones.

Yes, but as far as CBS seeing viewers it's fucked. How did that other CBS Online show fair this year? The mid-season spinoff of the Good Wife.

Terrible trailer and Into Darkness being shit

They spent a lot to get people back after the travesty of "into darkness"
> JJ fucks yours sci-fi franchise then jumps ship
It's just what he does

That fucking beastie boys trailer, my god.
Soo many fumbles.

Yeah they really fucked up with that trailer, holy shit.

>rumor without a source
>rumor without a source
>rumor without a source
So you're pulling this all from your ass?

As a specific refutation to your bullshit, Roberto Orci was never involed with STD.

You can take 2 seconds to google what I've said you lazy faggot, I've followed this for like 15 months, it's all real.
And the bad robot writers were involved up until last year, but here's you're (you)
Fucking idiot

>It's been a long road...

WHERE ARE MY FUCKING SWEATERS AND MINISKIRTS

Please share a source which names Orci as working on STD.

Shit you're right he left Star Trek beyond not discovery.
Well you were right, I was the faggot.
Everything else is fine I think.

>there's rumors they've already destroyed the sets and there will be no more shooting
Can you post a source?

says the guy who probably watched 1, maybe 2 at most episodes
seriously go re-watch from season 1 on and stick with it and tell me it's worse than Voyager...

For once, I'm against these stupid-ass diehard Trek fans who'll shit on this show for no reason for it looking different than, "M-MUH ORIGINALS RUINED! MINISKIRTS? WHERE?" bullshit. They're going to whine and complain about everything other than plot and nitpick everything.

Once that happens, over stupid fucking bullshit than Trek shows will be no more, period.

You guys should be fucking worried. I know it sounds shallow but this show has to work out right, and liking it no matter what. If not, Trek shows are done for. And then we'll have to see Star Trek every year in theaters and I know you guys don't want that.

fpbp

ENT really came into its own in Season 3. It's #actually pretty good.

This one shit is already better than all 3 nuTrek JJ films.

(fuck you, I like Sasha from Walking Dead)

WRONG.

They need to stop putting political bullshit IN STARFLEET.

The old shows would always have the Enterprise going to some planet that has a problem that was currently going on on our earth and the Enterprise crew would help them solve it.

True Trek died when Gene Roddenbury died. This nu Trek is an abomination, they have turned it into Star Wars with Star Trek races, uniforms, ships, and names. There hasn't been a decent Trek since the 90s, just let it end already and create something new.

>They need to stop putting political bullshit IN STARFLEET.

Are you retarded? Political bullshit has always been a part of Trek. Even though I hate SJW butterflies it's still a great show.

not liking Beyond is a pleb filter and you just failed

Probably not true. They may sell the rights instead, which could be a really good thing for us.

why the fuck are they keep on making series that takes place in the past before kirk
can they not continue after tng/ds9/voyager
what the fuck

Give it a chance. If not, Trek is dead at this point.

>There hasn't been a decent Trek since the 90s

Please take off your nostalgia goggles faggot.

>just let it end already and create something new.
Uhm, it fucking is you literal retard.

When did I saw it wasn't, moron.

But they didn't have Uhura was an opressed black woman. They did have an episode where an alien species that was left on the black side/white on the right side was racist against the reverse species.

>not liking it when Sisko's dad tried to assassinate Eric Forman's dad because of political bullshit

Starfleet, not Star Trek.

>They may sell the rights instead

I know this isn't Sup Forums but look what happened to Mass Effect Andromeda. They're fucking shelfing the entire franchise because it's launch fucking failed hard. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again with Discovery.

>not liking Beyond is a pleb filter and you just failed

>shit action movie
>Kirk wanting to retire and be an admiral 2 years into his mission
>Sulu gay
>villain with barely any motivation
>beastie boys

Holy shit, go fucking watch Wrath of Khan you fucking instagrambabbies.

It's like you've never watched star trek before.

S1 and S1 are somewhere between "meh" and "decent", S3 gets pretty good about a third of the way in and S4 is fucking great except for the episode with the nig and the finale that's an abomination unto god.

>>not liking it when Sisko's dad tried to assassinate Eric Forman's dad because of political bullshit

Dude, that was awesome. You know what I mean, I mean MODERN day political bullshit. Starting wars with the Klingons is always good.

please kill yourself. your opinions are worthless.

>I know this isn't Sup Forums but look what happened to Mass Effect Andromeda. They're fucking shelfing the entire franchise because it's launch fucking failed hard. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again with Discovery.

I don't give a shit about modern gaming and have no idea what you're talking about.

>>there's rumors they've already destroyed the sets and there will be no more shooting. I question if this will even come out at all.
You're so full of shit, fuck off without a cited source. Do you realize the amount of work it takes to actually destroy a set?

There's enough to shit on about Discovery, your misinfo Sup Forums-tier garbage rumors just clutter stuff up.

That poster is being retarded. Mass Effect went from being one of the most profitable new IPs of last gen to getting shelved this gen due to developers cutting corners and expecting fans to swallow it down. The rights aren't being sold, the whole series is just being killed off (keep in mind, this decision was made about 8 weeks after their brand new start-of-a-trilogy game launched).

Not the same situation at all. If Discovery dies people will try to make money off the corpse of Star Trek, and in a decade we'll see another movie or series.

The Undiscovered Country WAS modern day political bullshit. The movie was produced and released during the collapse of the Soviet Union. You were just too young to see the connections.

Well, STD might have some Space Trump in the Federation being influenced by a Space Putin in a rival empire, and it'll just be more of the same political bullshit that made Trek great.

Not sure, considering how troubled the development of this particular one was. If this one implodes like it'll likely happen I could see Star Trek being picked up for a TV series(let it be network, cable, netflix or what have you) in a few years.

Why do people who like ENT seem to have such a hatred for VOY? Is it just because they think deflecting onto another show considered to be bad makes people forget that ENT was complete trash?

That's usually the case with anything.

>The movie was produced and released during the collapse of the Soviet Union. You were just too young to see the connections.

Dude, I saw it in theaters. Praxis exploding = the end of the Klingon empire (USSR) and the Federation (USA) has to deal with the fallout in a peaceful manner.

Let me be more specific, again. No SOCIAL MODERN POLITICAL stuff in STARFLEET, because that stuff was dealt with centuries ago in Star Trek.

>Well, STD might have some Space Trump in the Federation being influenced by a Space Putin in a rival empire, and it'll just be more of the same political bullshit that made Trek great.
I'm glad you're not a writer on the show.

Beyond wasn't directed by JJ.

It was bretty good.

Since it is clear that CBS Corp doesn't want to please fans, that would be fine. No more Star Trek.
You're expecting me to thank them for handing me a turd for lunch?
No. You may enjoy your ST shit pile with a shit eating grin if that's what you want to do.

Difference is decades ago diversity and politics was
>women can be competent commanding officers too and skin colour is irrelevant
>man, woman, species, we all have different qualities and strengths, and through cooperation we can cover each others weaknesses
and a bit of
>gay people exist and that's alright
while today it's
>if you don't have certain qualities you should burn in hell
>every group is oppressed by everyone and everyone should burn in hell
>if you don't fill a certain diversity quota you should burn in hell
>if you disagree you should burn in hell
>evidence is an opinion

Not exactly a powerful message anymore. Politics just doesn't work as TV in the chaotic shit of today.

>because that stuff was dealt with centuries ago in Star Trek.
And that's how it'll be treated. The LGBTQ character won't say
>"Woe is me, I'm oppressed by my cishet superior officers in Starfleet."
They'll say
>"Starfleet is awesome, everybody accepts me for who I am. I'm so glad that humanity stopped oppressing people like me centuries ago."
And then they'll move on to discussing the next plot point about an unwelcomed phase variance in the cooling coils of the auxiliary EPS relay.

>>"Starfleet is awesome, everybody accepts me for who I am. I'm so glad that humanity stopped oppressing people like me centuries ago."

Geordi never said that. Women never said that.

Alright lads, I've watched TOS and loved it for it's campy charm, and I'm watching DS9 and loving it for it's writing, but for the life of me I can't get into TNG.
TNG just so flat and dull. The characters aren't interesting, the purely episodic structure is frustrating and the tension is nonexistent. It's as optimistic as TOS, but without the retro-futuristic elements and 60's perspective it comes across as naive rather than endearing. I'll admit I'm a cynical person, but TOS was a wholesome relief from that cynicism, while TNG's is just annoying. Seeing complex problems be oversimplified and solved with inspiration speeches gets old very fast.
Wesley in particular is extremely annoying, and I've since learned from Sup Forums that he only gets worse as time goes on. Everything about him is frustrating and unfair; just compare his character development and progression through Starfleet to that of Nog from DS9.

I dunno, everybody here seems to love TNG, but I don't see the appeal. Does it get any better?
I'm on season 2 right now, and I'm willing to force myself to continue if there's some garunatee that it'll eventually payoff.

>>"Starfleet is awesome, everybody accepts me for who I am. I'm so glad that humanity stopped oppressing people like me centuries ago."
Nobody says that. Do you think the fucking potatoes and whops go around saying "whoopdedoo kumbaya, I'm so glad I'm not a slave that gets gunned down in the street for being a disgusting subhuman beast"

>Geordi never said that.
Not about being black, but he did say that stuff about being blind.

You don't talk about phase variances in your EPS relays either.

I'm actually glad they're shelving it. After the trainwreck that was 3 and now this turd I want the to stop dragging the ME brandname through the mud already.

>Not about being black, but he did say that stuff about being blind.

What did he say exactly? And with his visor Geordi wasn't "blind" anymore. If he was a legit blind guy using a walking stick and a braille control panel, then yeah, his statement would be more pertinent.

I honestly hope it isn't tied up by what happens in the series based after the time period Discovery is based in. I hope they just start a new universe otherwise it's going to be very limited in what they can do.

It gets better with season 3.

Did you reach the season 2 episode "The Measure of a Man" yet? That's the level of quality that TNG is remembered for. That's the level of quality that it starts to reach regularly beginning with season 3.

He told the Romulans that Romulans are inferior and Humans are superior because humanity doesn't see Geordi as handicapped but rather instead as handicapable.

that was a online exclusive?

>Let make a spinoff show about the good w wife with literally everyone but the good wife.

>CBS streaming only

It's won't last 1 season

S1 is fucking terrible but at least S2 had some decent episodes such as Measure of a Man and the one with the borg. I'd say stick through it or if you lack the patience just watch those episodes and jump straight to S3.

Netflix tho.
>there are tourists shitposting in /trek/ threads who STILL don't know.

>He told the Romulans that Romulans are inferior and Humans are superior because humanity doesn't see Geordi as handicapped but rather instead as handicapable.

But again would he be in Star Fleet if for some reason the visor was incompatible with his eyes? Probably not. They couldn't have a blind motherfucker reading braille when the warp core is about to overload.

>There will never be a Star Trek series based in the 25th century.

FUCK

>implying I hated Voyager
Christ dude, thats not the point im making at all. Im just saying it was LESS of a dumpster fire than Voyager, and it was more enjoyable. I like both series, ENT is just better than VOY, and it doesnt deserve all the shit it gets.

>S1 is fucking terrible

>that head of security they could have replaced with a wooden plank and no one would have seen a difference

>cbs would be fine, but paramount cannot lose big again as beyond lost upwards of 70 million
What kind of shit are you talking?

They made $343 mil on a $185 mil budget.
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=startrek2016.htm

Yeah, and if we don't gib billions to foreign countries for fuck all nothing, then everyone dies.

Fuck off, you pathetic shill.

>They made $343 mil on a $185 mil budget.

Dude, to even break even nowadays the box office # has to double the budget.

Half that money goes into the theaters pockets, marketing costs, backend points to actors/director, etc, they don't keep 100% of the money from international deals, etc.

Right, being blind didn't stop Geordi from being a good officer. Just like how being LGBTQ doesn't stop someone from being a good officer.

So the LGBTQ character will casually mention that humanity is great in the 23rd century and that humanity sucked in the early 21st century. Then they'll stop talking about it, and they'll connect the duotronic circuits and reroute emergency power along the primary neutron shunt.

I'm on S02E07, so just a couple of episodes away from The Measure of a Man. I'll force myself through it, but if season 3 isn't better then I'll just look up the best episodes and skip to them.
Thanks fellas.

The marketing for the show is dog shit. It's going to fail. Regardless of it being good.

Exactly.

Even if it's terrible, they'll try to redo it another 10 years anyway.

The fanbase loves Star Trek too much and has too much disposable income for them to be able to resist. Besides, it's not like CBS has a ton of great IPs sitting around.

>Right, being blind didn't stop Geordi from being a good officer.

But Geordi wasn't "BLIND" he had super advanced tech to help him see. Unless they make some fucking visor to make the LGBTQ's less faggy, then it's not a fair comparison.

>Then they'll stop talking about it,
You really believe that?

Any Hoshi x Porthos fan fiction?

>Unless they make some fucking visor to make the LGBTQ's less faggy, then it's not a fair comparison.
An LGBTQ person can't be a good officer?

You really believe that?

Good chance OP is actually Shatner, and he has a personal monetary interest in that crap-assed pc creepshow he's pushing.

>Ameribibles

>>if you don't have certain qualities you should burn in hell
>>every group is oppressed by everyone and everyone should burn in hell
>>if you don't fill a certain diversity quota you should burn in hell
>>if you disagree you should burn in hell
>>evidence is an opinion

Dude, are you fucking serious? No, they're not going to have that garbage stop being such a fucking retard.