Popular shows you can't stand

ITT: Toons that everyone loves and you can't/could never get into.
Pic related:
> be tumblrfag a couple years ago
> this movie comes out
> Whole place practically shits themselves screaming how amazing it is
> Pick up a dvd when it comes out
> Watch an hour and a half of plot holes and albino Edward pruning in front of a screen.
Why do people like Ruse of the Garbage again?

Inb4: SU/GF/MLP/anything that currently has a thread rn
If your gonna do this, please don't start a war. It takes just one wrong word to get the aspies going.

Other urls found in this thread:

riseoftheguardians.wikia.com/wiki/Toothiana#The_Guardians_of_Childhood
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like Steven universe and gravity falls edpecially but the fandom is awful. Thats the only bad part. I hope the shitty fans get raped by a long black cock.

> tumblr fag
You female?

Yeah, but you know this board.
> "[Popular thing] is fucking gay lol"
> Commence poo flinging
> OP laughs at derailed thread

Frozen and MLP

OP, here.
Yes, actually. I couldn't stand the place anymore after the gender*special and SJW retardation spread.

Still don't get how they think Jack Frost is hot.

Regular Show

The show just became shit once they solely starting focusing on Mordecai's girl problems implying the audience gave a shit.

I really really really really really fucking love Steven Universe but the fans really kill it for me. I don't mind the online discussion, but when you goto cons irl and you see tumblrinas and feminists in real-life squeal over SU it reminds me how we are straying farther from God's light.

Agreed. I watched it after being on Tumblr and hearing so much hype and...
It was really cliche. The art was nice, but everything else was forgettable

Adventure Time

>Still don't get how they think Jack Frost is hot.

he's a white male, that's literally all it takes

White kid with white hair and visible foot pussy.

The books are much better then the movie. Pitch was extremely nerfed in the medium shift.

Dragons.

It's awful, poorly animated wank.

>Jack is supposed to represent everything that's fun
>Boogie Man is supposed to represent everything that's scary
>Boogie just wants Jack to join forces with him cause everyone hates him
>It never occurs to the writers that this was the perfect opportunity for Jack to befriend the antagonist and create Halloween
>It's a generic final battle instead
I actually mentioned this to a friend of mine that really enjoyed the movie and she got really pissed at both the movie for not going with this obvious set-up and me for ruining the movie for her.

Adventure Time. I couldn't get around to watch it back when its popularity at its zenith, I certainly won't now that apparently it's become shit.

Steven Universe's literally whos and celebrity cast put me off because I know what celebrities are like as VAs. Every clip of it I've watched on YT was muted.

Also, every Disney movie since Toy Story 3. Except for Inside Out.

>pruning
wat
like actual gardening?

Except the movie's set in present day. Halloween would have been well established.

Pitch's backstory was also better then the "Baww, nobody wants me around anymore" shit we got in the movie.
In the books, Pitch was once Kosmosis Pitchiner, a heroic, fearless general in a galactic war against the nightmares. However, some time after victory was achieved and a golden age established, he lost his wife and daughter in an attack on his home. Grief-strucken, he took on guard duty alone at the place the nightmare war prisoners were held. They exploited his grief and started imitating his daughter's voice asking to be let out. After about a year of that shit he cracked, opened the door and became consumed by the nightmarish hivemind and became the cosmic destroyer Nightmare King. Went sailing across the universe spreading fear and devastation, dragging planets into black holes and warping children into shadowy slaves.
Eventually he started pursuing some of the remaining intergalactic nobility, holed up in a space yacht that disguised itself as a small moon. He was hoping to replace his daughter with their son, the infant Man in the Moon. In the battle that ensued, Pitch and his craft were sealed away on Earth by the Pan-esque family bodyguard but not before the Man's parents were apparently killed. Pitch's daughter did end up surviving all this time though: She became our Mother Nature

Early drafts of the movie would have translated this into the third act going full Majora's Mask with Pitch raising his ship from the depths of the Earth and harpooning the moon into place to create a permanent eclipse and finish off the Man in the Moon.

I think tumblr is the only place ive seen where people talk about rise of the guardians

Huh, didn't expect Rise of The Guardians to be some sort of space epic.

How the hell does Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy and all the sillier aspects fit into all of that?

They don't. Shoehorned would be my guess.

All of this sounds like something from an animated metal album music video

Santa was a Russian bandit king with a heart of gold that ended up stumbling upon a resurgent Pitch attacking a hidden magical village that he and his men had heard held great wealth. Hearing the sounds of children in trouble pulled him away from falling for one of the surrounding forest's booby traps (In this case a forest guardian woman that generated gold) and fought a possessed bear. He ends up apprenticing to the local wizard and becomes a big brother figure to a young girl that grows up to be Mother Goose.

Tooth Fairy's a human/fae hybrid from India. Her full backstory's transcripted on this Wikia page. Sort of a Kipling flavored X-Men/Batman origin story.

riseoftheguardians.wikia.com/wiki/Toothiana#The_Guardians_of_Childhood

>Toothiana
That's just silly, but overall it gives me a more hardcore Grim Tales vibe. I like it, might give it a read someday.

the movie was kind of a mess, but we can at least agree this guy was the best part of it, right?

Sandy and Bunny are both spacefarers.

Sandman drove a dreamsand comet ship that brought good vibes to the planets it flew by, but Pitch shot him down on the way to going after the Man in the Moon. His ship became an ever-changing island of dreamsand in the sea.

Bunny's the last of the Pooka, a monastic order of space hares that protect the space-time continuum and certain planets harboring life. He carved out the Earth's continents as the planet was originally egg-shaped which threatened to destablize its orbit and send it hardboiling into the sun. He adopted the Australian accent because Australia ended up being his favorite part of the project. Also gave man the gifts of chocolate and martial arts.

>tumblr
>rotg
Oh no. You've activated my repressed memories.
On that day, tumblr was given a grim reminder
That we lived in fear of the Onceler fandom

Did you know that there's a Sansler?

Wtf am I looking at here

Tumblr made an assload of CG Onceler AUs because no matter how much they scream about diversity and fighting the system, they just want a skinny white corporate hipster to fuck

this just makes the bunny so much more based

I fucking hated the teen titans cartoon. Not even talking about tt-go. That at least is just a straight up silly comedy show. But fucking teen titans was such shit. And people grew up with it so it's Beloved beyond reasoning. But ugh the characterizations and the shit comedy and the shittier attempts at drama and the lame action. And don't get me started on all the faux anime bullshit. Fucking fake anime shit in a cartoon based on a classic western comic. Goddamn disgusting.
But yeah hated it when it came out....still do.

Tbh I was mostly in it because Jack is a massive fuccboi. On topic, I thought Toy Story 3 was crass and manipulative. It felt like it was trying too hard to force its 'epic emotional moments'. I didn't buy it.

I'm Surprised females Even Lurk Sup Forums.
What brings you to this hellhole?

Who do you think makes most of the gay threads?

I'm not surprised considering the art comes from fucking tumblr. How do you girls handle such a misogynistic environment? I lurk pol yet I'm black and I wonder how I can handle the racism

I'm normally a /cgl/ or /ic/ lurker, but my friend told me Sup Forums wasn't just superheroes and comics. I autistically love me my cartoons nostalgiac or new.

>is woman
>/cgl/
figures
There's a decent amount in the ovipostion threads on /d/ too if you believe them

With a grain of salt. Most people outside of Sup Forums say harsh things for le ebbin maymays. If people actually mean them then, kek, I wish them good luck in life.
The one thing that does kind of shock me is all the pedo...ahem, excuse me, ephebephiles on this board.
You say the words underage, minor, illegal or child in this board and everyone goes apeshit trying to explain
> ITS PERFECTLY LEGAL. DID NOTHING WRONG.

>homestuck troll

Thank goodness that's over. Even tumblr stands to improve.

Another Tumblrfag here, I remember that. The AUs soon devolved from standard shit into a clusterfuck and were basically the result of the movie having no decent character except the Once-Ler.

And since the Once-Ler is a white hipster boy and the movie was launched in 2012 when Tumblr wasn't that deep into the fetishization of political correctness his popularity fucking exploded.

People shipped his gloves unironically.

I was actually looking for some examples to not look like a complete fool but the last time I saw unironic bullshit like that was 2012.

All I found recently was people reminiscing in the tag like
>"Do you remember when we made surfing through the dashboard hell? Good times"

You make a spectacular point. This is why I hate loud house threads. They quickly degrade into underage waifu pamdering.

Virtually everything made by them. The exception being a handful of shorts during their earlier days on tv. They've done to modern cartoons what Hanna-Barbara did before them, only it's worse because Hanna-Barbara had budget while making cartoons more numerous on tv as an excuse while cable has charged over $90 a month and run commercials and the makers of the shows have benefited from other income sources related to their shows. I can name at least 1 show made in flash-shit from each of most other major companies that was at least ok. I doubt all of Frederator's shorts that weren't shitty combined would amount to any of them. I was never impressed with their
>OMG! AREN'T WE SO EDGY AND OUTRAGEOUS?!
stuff. Most of it seemed transparent and it was really eyeroll-inducing at times.

>Except the movie's set in present day.

You say that like the writers couldn't have easily made it set in the past. What was the newest myth, centuries old?