In the interest of escaping DCfriend shitposting, can we just have a good old fashioned positive Marvel thread?

In the interest of escaping DCfriend shitposting, can we just have a good old fashioned positive Marvel thread?

There are so many things I'm hype for right now and I'm sick of all the negativity getting spewed.

>Captain America being Hydra has blown up WORLDWIDE. Seriously, I've never seen a comic get people this excited, and I've heard it's selling out everywhere.
>Civil War 2 in full swing with a real shocker already RIP Shulk
>Black Panther's sales are through the roof. Not only might he just be the best selling Black superhero ever, but he's outselling EVERY OTHER COMIC. That's INSANE.
>We're getting the first rumblings of Captain Marvel's movie
>Tons of new Netflix shows announced, including fucking PUNISHER and MOON KNIGHT
>Marvel Now! on it's way. There's no info on it but there's probably going to be a whole slate of new books.

What are you the most hype about coming up for Marvel? What are you watching now? Reading?

Are you false-flagging or actually a shill? Either way, congrats on your one (1) reply.

>being positive for once is "shilling"

fuck off

Nobody?

not with that attitude

>you're not allowed to be positive about comics

this hate train has got to stop

Feel free to enjoy your capeshit, though you may feel more at home on somewhere like r/comicbooks.
Genuinely not trying to be rude here, just telling you to learn how to read the proverbial room.

Don't you know you aren't allowed to like Marvel on Sup Forums?

Marvel Comics is kill. DC Comics is kill. Valiant is your God now

>escaping DCfriend shitposting
>on Sup Forums
Sweetheart, that's like saying you want to escape liberals on Twitter.

>moviepitch meme books

how about no

>>Captain America being Hydra has blown up WORLDWIDE. Seriously, I've never seen a comic get people this excited, and I've heard it's selling out everywhere.
Hate reading inflation is a terrible marketing and editing strategy, this is a bad thing
>>Civil War 2 in full swing with a real shocker already RIP Shulk
Fuck you if you enjoy CW2 and even harder if you buy it. Thanks for ruining big 2 capes
>>Black Panther's sales are through the roof. Not only might he just be the best selling Black superhero ever, but he's outselling EVERY OTHER COMIC. That's INSANE.
1 issue does not a bestseller make especially with ~10 variants, expect a 50%+ drop. The comic is decent, I hope other non comics writers who love comics join in the trend.
>>We're getting the first rumblings of Captain Marvel's movie
Wow fuck off moviefag
>>Tons of new Netflix shows announced, including fucking PUNISHER and MOON KNIGHT
See above, MCaUsuals are disgusting and should be autobanned
>>Marvel Now! on it's way. There's no info on it but there's probably going to be a whole slate of new books.
I am actually excited for this, however often they fail to deliver, it's good to see a new line of books come out

>>Captain America being Hydra has blown up WORLDWIDE. Seriously, I've never seen a comic get people this excited, and I've heard it's selling out everywhere.
Why does it matter if normies are talking about it?

>>Civil War 2 in full swing with a real shocker already RIP Shulk
Why is Bendis killing She Hulk a good thing?

>>Black Panther's sales are through the roof. Not only might he just be the best selling Black superhero ever, but he's outselling EVERY OTHER COMIC. That's INSANE.
Why do you think sales are a good thing?

>>We're getting the first rumblings of Captain Marvel's movie
Why is nuCaptain Marvel a good thing?

>>Tons of new Netflix shows announced, including fucking PUNISHER and MOON KNIGHT
Okay that's a good thing, but I don't remember Moon Knight being announced. God I hope it's stylish and not gritty like the rest of them.

>>Marvel Now! on it's way. There's no info on it but there's probably going to be a whole slate of new books.
Now this I can get behind. Marvel is in shambles at the moment and I'd be happy for a shake up.

I'm hyped for an X-Men comic that isn't turds. I want Cyclops back fgs.

You're literally posting all the negative shit we have a problem with....except for the Netflix shit.

Valiant fags are the worse, is like having a great party with DC and Marvel people and having like one valiant guy say '' we would be having waaaay more fun in my house! is smaller, it has less cool shit and we can't make as much noise... but its better! I promise!''

>not only might he just be the best selling Black superhero ever
How fucking new are you? Even a shit selling book about a black hero in the 80s would have blown out the sales of this comic. Do you know anything about the history of American comics? Stop your revisionist bullshit to prop up an average comic.

''let's talk about positive stuff about marvel!!!''

only talks about click bait shit, clearly a /tvirgin/ shitposting

>hurr durr muh boogeyman

Only a /tvtard/ would bring up all the negative shit as positive.

Like any Marvel fan is exited about anything Carol Danvers related

Care to address any of my points?

>DCfriend

Sup Forums shitposter detected

Marvel is a movie company. Once that we'll runs dry it's as good as done. They have in no way prepped their comics for the future and instead they are content with abusing their core fans and tricking casuals into buying crap.

They rebrand, relaunch, abuse limited edition variants, and tie-in terribly written books for the sake of having something convenient for when a movie happens to come out.

In a few years when people look back at this age of Marvel, I don't think any of those memories will be out of fondness. It will be bitter.

No they're not. They were from 2007 to 2015 but not anymore.

>positive Marvel thread?

the MCU and the shows are good? other than that literally nothing good to say

Are you seriously listing Nazi America and Civil War under good things?

What's next? Guardians of the Galaxy is currently the most hype book of comics?

Why do you think that?

>Marvel is a movie company.

>other than that literally nothing good to say

shut up

>positive Marvel thread
First time I've seen the movies actually be uniformly better than their source material

>the only time anybody on Sup Forums says anything good about marvel is when they're shitposting in DC threads

loving every laugh

fuck off

>people are too scared to say anything good about marvel

its sad how biased this board has become

>r/comicbooks

Yeah, this is a much better place to have civil conversations about cape books.

marvel, at least.

marvel is pretty much reddit: the company anyway

How so?

>this is a much better place to have civil conversations about cape books.
As long as they're DC books.

>Black Panther's sales are through the roof. Not only might he just be the best selling Black superhero ever, but he's outselling EVERY OTHER COMIC. That's INSANE.

One fucking issue, and it had a fuckton of variants. Won't be surprised if it gets a %60 drop by issue 2 like Iron Man

It sold like that because the Star Wars variants were tied up in ordering Black Panther.

Retailers are stuck with the actually issues because they're not really moving.

Sadly it's true.

I've heard this too. It was Poe Dameron variants, right? Do you know which ones?

>Okay that's a good thing, but I don't remember Moon Knight being announced. God I hope it's stylish and not gritty like the rest of them.

They weren't. It's some unverified rumor people are pushing as a fact.

>Retailers are stuck with the actually issues because they're not really moving.

Is that Marvel's problem? No. Marvel sold their books because they were providing what people want.

Why is it so hard to accept that NOBODY BUYS DC COMICS? They consistently sell like shit and Marvel fills the tops of the charts.

>b...but variants
If Variants are the only reason Marvel is selling then why is DC unable to do the same thing? Are they just stupid?

Face it, Marvel is a better company. They're better at business and DC is floundering because they cannot sell for shit.

I think it was Poe?

I don't know but there were a ton of Poe variants and Marvel used it to prop up Black Panther's sales.

Expect a massive drop for number 2.

Same goes for Civil War 3 and 4. I hear it's not selling all that well in stores. Preorders will be high for issue one and two but expect a massive drop.

When do May's sales drop?

The fuck does DC have to do with any of that?

Marvel strong armed retailers into preordering an issue and it inflated sales and now retailers are stuck with overstock.

That has nothing to do with DC at all you whiny little company shill.

Marvelfriend, I think you should calm down. You're embarrassing yourself.

ah yes, I remember this. This also was the case for majority of the Hip Hop Variants right?

>Thinking Variants are good for the industry
They aren't and the fact that DC's Rebirth seems to be performing spectacularly without any of that incentive crap shows much more what good quality comics can bring. Those numbers will stay there much longer than whatever numbers an inflated variant order will.

Yeah. I wish I saved that nightmare of an ordering sheet when it was posted.

It was ridiculous.

>They aren't and the fact that DC's Rebirth seems to be performing spectacularly

just like the last 15 reboots, right?

This one will certainly right things though.

keep dreaming DCfriend :^)

Gonna be funny when Cap and Panther outsell every Rebirth issue combined

Oh well, if this one isn't it, we'll certainly get you with the next reboot.

You can't keep getting away with it.

samefag

Yah, but being positive about Marvel Now!(Again!) and Civil War 2? Really? Also, Shulk dying has been predicted since what, January?

That said, I am still enjoying Vision and New Avengers, and planning on probably reading Ultimates at some point. Eternity War might be the first good Marvel event in a while. And maybe Seeley will finally get his Blade book, that'd be nice.

>mfw DC reboots like twice a year and never sells as much as marvel
>mfw DC fags actually read books even though they know everything will be thrown out the window in two months

you can't make this shit up

I find ironic how Sup Forums boogeymans Reddit, despite the major circle jerks being similar. The only big differences are that /r/dccomics mostly likes Snyder's Batman, and /r/comicbooks has a few fans of Hellcat and Unreadable Squirrel Girl.

Kek, DC's not the one that's been relaunching every year.

>mfw you literally made this shit up

>The only big differences are that /r/dccomics mostly likes Snyder's Batman, and /r/comicbooks has a few fans of Hellcat and Unreadable Squirrel Girl.

But... that's Sup Forums as well.

The latter maybe, certainly not the former.

Just Vision...And with the announcement of another relaunch coming I'm just...ugh. I can't be hopeful about Marvel anymore...when they don't fuck up and give you shit on a plate, they just give you mediocre forgettable trash.

from the looks of it, it's pulling all the numbers all the Marvel Relaunches did without the shitty practice.

I don't know how anyone can defend this company anymore. I used to joke around about Marvel relaunching or rebranding every year. Yet, here we are. Another year and another relaunch and rebranding announced. And there is not a single joke that can be made about it.

And STILL there are people out there that support their practices. The relaunches, the "make them hate you" schemes, the exclusive variant cover monopoly that is smothering and fucking up the industry.

Why? They are so shameless as to alienate just about EVERYONE for the sake of making day one sales.

>without the shitty practice.

You mean being successful?

Hyperion, Nighthawk, Vision and Karnak have all been pretty good so far.

fuck off

>it's a dc friend episode

yeah sure, I was really liking uncanny x-men story but then we had the apocalypse wars event and we wont find out about the fate of the hellfire club until August.

Mouseketeer thread

shut up

bump

So, I'm trying to get into Marvel. Going to start picking up some trades, I really like the epic collections.

Looking for recommendations.

What's better, Fantastic Four, or X-Men? I want to try both, but I'm only going one at a time.

I would say F4 is consistently better, but X-Men has the highest (and lowest) spikes in quality overall.

But they're not really very comparable...

>So, I'm trying to get into Marvel.

why the fuck would you want to do that

Maybe he wants to read some good comics?

F4 is more consistent in quality and the X-men is a mixed bag but it's not bad by any means

I like muggas more so I reccomend picking up Morrison's run first, go into Astonishing (uncanny x-men was not that good during this period) or start with Messiah Complex and go from there also don't forget Classic Claremont

Because I don't intend to read past the 2000's. From what I've seen, Marvel didn't always suck.

>But they're not really very comparable...

I didn't think so, those were just the two books I was torn between. since there's no good collection of JB Ghost Rider

Guess I'll go with FF then.

then why would he be reading Marvel?

Top MCU moments (in movie release order)

>Iron Man using his armor for the first time on a mission, flying to the Middle East and pushing the 10 Rings shit in

>Hulk choking out Abomination

>Suit Case armor

>Thor, Loki, and the Warriors 3 fighting endless frost Giants and Thor flying threw a fucking monster

>Captain America and the Howling Commandos

>The first time we see a Helicarrier take off

>House Party protocol vs Extremis Soldiers

>Malekith getting his face rekt after killing Freya

>The entire Lumerian Star intro and Cap vs Bucky round 1

>Josh Brolin giving Thanos a voice and threatening Ronin to "Bathe the stairways with your blood"

>everything Wanda and Pietro

>SUBATOMIC

Civil War is a really hard one. The entire airport scene was just awesome. Finally great to see super powers vs super powers instead of Avengers vs army of throw away soldiers

I also really enjoyed the Lagos intro. Grill was fucking on point as Crossbones

>

Top MCU Moments

>none

MCU is shit

>praising Civil War II and Hydra Cap unironically isn't shilling
wew

Marvel stopped being worth two shits when they decided Fantastic Four don't exist anymore. Fuck them all and their whore mothers.

>don't exsist
>they just rebuilt 616 and are current rebuilding the Marvel Multiverse
>but they don't exsist

I'm sorry you can't enjoy things

I can enjoy things. Just not trash.

>Say something positive about Marvel.

Well, they've canceled F4, but we've still got about 5 months before the X-Men books are canceled for the foreseeable future.

They have maybe 2 good writers instead of 0.

They have maybe 3 minority and/or female writers instead of 0.

They have maybe 2 books that aren't "remember character that you like in our movies" instead of 0.

There are only 6 Inhumans/Carol books instead of 15.

Good job, Marvel.

Aren't they losing King to DC? And aren't their female writers the likes of Kate Leth?

I've been loving Contest of Champions and, while I'm sad to see it end, I have hopes that it will have a second run in Marvel NOW (again), Moon Knight has been fucking steller that art is simply lovely, same with Vision which has already been talked about enough desu.

The way that a few titles like Ms Marvel and Silk picked up right where they left off after the 'reboot' made me very happy and both titles have been surprisingly enjoyable dispite the dreaded "Female Marvel Protagonist" meme. And while this last season of comics hasn't been all that great, it did give a chance for other stuff to try and shine and sadly fail. If you would have told me two years ago that Black Knight was getting a solo, even a mini and a villain team book called Illuminati starring The Hood and Titania I would have called BS, and even more so when you tell me that Carnage would get his own ongoing as well.

Even a few titles that aren't that great are doing amazing things with a few characters, such as Magik's side story in Extraordinary X-Men, and the adopted daughter bits in All New Wolverine.

Not to mention fucking great titles like Spider-Man and Deadpool

>hes still trying to shill

el oh el

Sup Forums please kill yourself.

>In the interest of escaping DCfriend shitposting

I pity you if you think everybody complaining about Marvel is a "DCfriend"

Who am I supposed to be exactly? I've only received 1 (you) in this thread and that was your shitpost.

Duggan, Ewing, technically Ellis, Kelly and Conway. So, like, four and a half. Some people might count Spencer, Robinson and Waid too, but I wouldn't