Ice Powers

Let's have a cool thread about people with ice powers. Villains preferably, but heroes are allowed too.

Which icy character would you most want to chill with? Who uses their powers the best? How the fuck do ice powers even work?

I'd like to see more old schoolgangsters with freeze guns.

id like to see more ice waifus.

>old schoolgangsters with freeze guns.
What if Joe Chill got ice powers?

Which one is the stronges ice based villain?

Honestly, the powers wouldn't work so well, as "cold" isn't a thing, it would be like "heat absorption" , which if high enough could non-lethally (or lethally) disable humans pretty well.

But creating ice and shit? Not so much, you need water and moisture to condense into ice.

I like cold characters and the power set, but they're one of the more "physics breaking" powers. Most of the time I can roll with it, but I remember in Alex Ross' JUSTICE comic, when Cold creates a giant glacier in some African desert, my brain went berserk, "COLD DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY, REEEEEE!"

In recent years, seeing Ice Man unleash his crazy powers and being near un-killable, I have a secret head-cannon that he is really Ymir reincarnated.

Ice is literally the lamest and shittiest power and pokemon type

Who's ice-grundy in the pic?

>Captain Cold
>ice

triggered

Captain Cold has cold powers not ice powers

That's what makes him so cool

>being upset at a Flash character for breaking physics

Ice Beam is GOAT though

yeah and also humans can't fly the fuck's up with that

Killer Frost

>it would be like "heat absorption" ,

that's how Killer Frost's powers work

is she allowed?

Definitely wanna chill with, going to try to melt with.

did anyone else have a thing for JLU Killer Frost?

Definitely. Her murderhobo personality was pretty spot on. I just didn't like the design; she looked too much like Livewire after a shower, though I liked how freaky pale she was.

>it's a Freezeforce thread

>I just didn't like the design
reminded me of Dragon Tattoo, which i liked

this

How do ice powers work? Freezeforce, bitch.

He was channeling the Ice Force from the Ice Dimension. It was teleported to the African desert.

Cool thread.

thanks famm

For the longest time I thought this guy had ice powers

Never knew he basically made a super costume that placed him roughly on the same level as pre-omega years Iceman.

Didn't he recently get turned Inhuman with icebased powers? If so, where did all of his cryotech go?

Yea they made him an Inhuman to match the Agents of Shield character.

The suit was not mentioned after that.

I don't really mind him getting an inhuman powerup, honestly I think it opens the door to show Gill getting used to his new powers, I mean, it's mot like his suit is on the fritz and he can recalibrate it. Furthermore all of his tech is some place and can allow for some tech using characters to get an upgrade or some new OCs to break in on the scene.

Very cool.

Anyone have that just ice league picture?

Since Wildstorm is DC now, can we get Cooler?

You think Minister Blizzard is pushy about his religion?

>"Before we fight, have you heard the good news about the Freezeforce?"

you can join the club too, as long as you bring your stone-cold fox of a doppleganger

So can Killer Frost not help it? She just constantly sucks heat away unconsciously?

I only knew her as a borderline bad guy with ice powers, I'm not much of a DC guy, so she was never in anything I read other than a cameo.

Hey guys, Am I late to the party?

>that episode where he becomes a weremoth because he's pregnant

>borderline
She's a full on multiple murderess.

Really? I swear the only times I've seen her is her helping out good guys.

>Pokemon type
True

But it's the best "elemental" power everywhere else when you don't have shit taste

Ice attacks are among the best. Their problem is the amount of weakness.

>So can Killer Frost not help it? She just constantly sucks heat away unconsciously?

Yeah. Well, kind of. She's like a well of anti-heat and sucks in the heat near her automatically, but she can actively suck in more. She's always cold and vampirizing heat is the only thing that makes her feel better. Plus she's literally crazy so she just likes killing.

There is no good in Louise at all.

Though I think in JLU she helps the good guys at the end and they let her go?

1/4

2/4

3/4

also
she's trying to snuff out the sun to kill everybody on the planet.

I greatly enjoy the nu52 twink Captain Cold. Also Elijah Snow from Planetary is pretty cool as well even though he controls temperature instead of ice which I suppose makes more sense.

Ice powers are usually always pretty neat.

anybody have the captain cold reindeer mug webm?

He can only reduce temperature though, so it kind of counts.

Jeez, yeah, she's a bit nuts I guess.

>frozen gib missiles

woah

>What if Joe Chill got ice powers?
kek

She's literally insane.

There are two Killer Frosts; the first one (Crystal) was the second one's (Louise) college friend. The second one is the one that everybody knows, since she was around for like 30 years. Louise was jealous of Crystal for being the smart one while Crystal was kind of homely. Louise would always put Crystal down, so Crystal ended up completely alone and unloved.

Then she was in an accident and became an ice vampire, and started lashing out and murdering people. Crystal was a huge man-hater and was yandere for Martin Stein (the old man half of Firestorm.) The thing about the Killer Frost powers though is that they're unstable and will always kill you eventually, so Crystal goes to Louise (who was her only friend) and tries to get her to cure her before she dies.

So after Crystal dies Louise has a huge mental breakdown and blames herself for Crystal's death, so she replicates Crystal's accident, submerges her actual personality, and pretends that she's Crystal. She's definitely got some kind of schitzophrenia.

Oi, yeah, this is very different from what I had in my head.

Still a very interesting character though. I think just the "I sap heat all the time" would be a power that would make life difficult and inflict some craziness.

Who is Caitlin Snow? Where does she come into things?

My Killer Frost knowledge is extremely lacking... in fact it's only that she has Ice Powers, is evil, is crazy, her name is(I thought) Caitlin Snow. And the CW Flash?

She's the New 52 version. A S.T.A.R. Labs scientist who was attacked by H.I.V.E. goons and chased into an ultraconductor where she has the same accident that afflicted Crystal Frost.
She seems marginally less psychotic than the other two to the extent she's actually trying to look for a cure.

Caitlin Snow is New52 Killer Frost. She's meant to be more "tragic," like Elsa. They changed her name because they have to pay royalties to the original creators every time they uses Louise Lincoln Killer Frost, so they made Caitlin so they could have a Killer Frost that they didn't have to pay for.

I hate her.

Don't forget that they also murdered Louise Lincoln

and then rubbed salt in the wound

>Dr. Snow is Dr. Lincoln's replacement

Actually his powers have nothing to do with ice, he still uses the gun and suit for that.

Really? Then what did he get from the mists? I figured ice powers would have been the obvious bit.

I hate all these villains who are completely irredeemable but never get the death penalty because plot and reasons.

Pretty sure Frost straight up can't be killed. They have to keep her in cold storage

According to the wiki minor electric powers.

Where's THE BLUE SNOWMAN though? Not invited?

she can come too

For what reason...?

Ice attacks are god-tier because they're super effective against some types that are really common in meta game for powerful pokemon.

But Ice type pokemon themselves have shit for defense and weak to a lot of things.

Icicle is pretty low-tier as far as ice-based villains go in the DCU, but he's a pretty neat character in the JSA stories where he shows up as an antagonist.

Also he and Tigress are a thing and committed villain couples are always my OTP.

how

Because the Flashverse has always given the middle finger to science and the laws of physics.

Captain Cold is by far the best cold-themed villain.

This needs to be more of a thing in DC. Team Chill.

No argument here!

Killer Frost should be imprisoned in the Arctic Ocean. Where she can suck the heat out of the water and keep the ice pack growing.

I say we let her go. She dindu nuttin

I prefer the Ice Pack.

GET OUT, COLDFAGS.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey man, chill out.

>can absorb and/or decrease the temperature of fire

isn't hat a 'cold' power?

>fire

kek

My biggest peeve is when someone gets trapped in a block of ice, they're still alive

Cryogenics

A mental hobo who suffers from PTSD. She shares a voice actress with Starfire.

Ice girls a qt

>But creating ice and shit? Not so much, you need water and moisture to condense into ice.

This is how Iceman, Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat, and Frozone from The Incredibles canonically work, their power involves sucking moisture out of the air to convert into ice.

I barely remember that show although I do recognise her. what was her story?

that is a picture of a nice king

Conversely, Captain Cold's gun is actually supposed to work not by making ice, but the beam reduces molecular motion until it reaches absolute zero. The ice is a side effect of all the moisture the beam also happens to come in contact with along with the person he's actually shooting.

That's what makes him capable of fighting the Flash, Cold's gun (and a belt he wears that produces the same effect but as an aura around him) isn't really for freezing stuff, it's for slowing speedsters down.

Mr. Freeze, on the other hand, just basically shoots cryogenic fluid out of a jazzed-up super soaker.

That's why Cold is, ahem, the coolest.

He's the most fleshed out and interesting of the cold villains plus his gun is the embodiment of YEAH SCIENCE BITCH

i'm disappointed killer frost isn't in suicide squad after how underused she was on flash

How fascinating. It makes Mr freezes technology sound less impressive to me. Was that always the canon explanation? What about icicle Sr & jr? I only know about them from young justice.

Dickish step father gets fed up with Permafrost's sick mother and bails on Christmas Eve. Her mother dies sometime later and the step father wants nothing to do with Permafrost, leaving her to child services. She runs away and becomes a hobo.

The Icicles create ice, they're metahumans.

Mr. Freeze is basically Heatwave from the opposite direction. Also, considering that his freeze gun doesn't follow fluid mechanics, he probably has some crazy shit going on with cryogenics. Like his gun is closer to a gauss gun that propels cryofluid in a magnetic envelope.

As far as I know, it's always been canon that Freeze was a cryotech guy so his gun was an ordinary "preserve stuff in ice" squirtgun, while Captain Cold designed his gun based on particle physics theories to make The Flash run slower.

Personally I don't know shit about the Icicles either except that they fight the Justice Society.

Icicle Senior used a gun, but Icicle Junior is a metahuman.