Why didn't they just release this version?

Why didn't they just release this version?

Is the Ultimate Edition of BvS actually a good movie or are you guys just memeing? I haven't seen it but I hated the theatrical version

What are the differences? Watched theatrical the other day on HBO and don't understand why it was destroyed by critics. Was far superior to Disney Marvel trash.

Elaborates some scenes and characters that's barely shown in the Theatrical.
I'd recommend watching that version but it adds on another half hour making it a 3 hour long viewing.

30 minutes of additional footage. Much of the footage is actually slivers of dialogue and additional shots in scenes already in the film that allow them to open up, clarify and breathe. Major sequences include most of Clark Kent's role in the film, investigating Batman's reign of terror firsthand. One of the most important changes is that the original sequence order is restored; when they made the theatrical cut they really chopped and screwed the movie so a bunch of events happen in a different order.

It's a big improvement and I really feel bad for how it was butchered.

I don't think it'll change your mind overall on the movie but it does help clarify some things and shows Lex's involvement in the Africa incident and the criminals that Batman branded being murdered by people Lex paid.

What went down in Africa makes more sense, and since that incident and the consequences of it drive the whole movie, it does change your perspective on the film

I think it's pretty damn great but then, I haven't seen the theatrical version so I can't tell you how much of an improvement it actually is.

They wanted to be able to show as many screenings a day as possible

The only problem with bvs was synder insistence of sucking bat cock. The film would be more powerful if it was superman that won the fight and sparing bats

Obviously they wanted more screenings per day. But, just 15 years ago, LOTR was given 3 hours per installment. You would think, with the DCEU being one of Tsujihara's cornerstones, he would fight for it. But, hey, what do I know.

Capeshit isn't Tolkienshit

They're fucking memeing, I only saw the "Ultimate Edition" and it sucked.

They're not fucking memeing, I only saw the "Ultimate Edition" and it rocked.

They wanted to show it to kids but the Ultimate Edition was R-rated, which means kids need to have parents along so they can watch it.
Plus, it was over three hours long so people with short attention spans will be bored.

They cut it down so they can get that sweet PG-13 rating which means kids can watch it without their parents and so it won't be three hours long.

It clarifies a few things, but very little of it means much past the Africa stuff. Chances are it won't change your mind one way or another besides adding another 30 minutes onto the movie.

Because it's just as bad, only longer.

I was in an elevator staring at this chicks boobs when she said "Press One?" So I did...
I don't remember much after that.

No. Batman needs to spare Superman's life to close his arc. There's a fight scene missing after the batmobile chase scene, when they first meet IMO. That's when Superman should have "won". Instead he just says a cheesy line and flies away.

No, Superman didn't want to fight him if he didn't had to. Having him smash the Batmobile to make his point was enough.

If you're someone that hated/disliked BvS theatrical cut, you'll not suddenly change your mind.

But if you thought it was okay/good to begin with, the ultimate edition improves it quite a bit in my opinion.