>>>/r/eddit

>WAHHHHHHHHH

>"WWAAAHHH YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE A PRIVATELY OWNED WEBSITE"

It's about the way they present the platform and the many "AMA's" that are hosted there.

Nice

heh

Reddit isn't just a private website, it is literally a public forum.

If you censor in a public forum you deserve to have your shit pushed in by the US of A.

The reality is that there's not actually any censorship happening, it's absolute paranoia based on the fact that moderators are having to ban extreme racists and militant threatening extremists, which they spin off into being "MUH FREEDOMS"

It's not a public forum, it's literally a privately-owned website.

They can do anything they want. They can be completely liberal and ban ALL conservative boards if they want. You can choose to go somewhere else.

Yeah, when I got banned from a hockey message board when I was 14 I called a civil rights lawyer

Now that's what I call some HARD hitting journalism.

it may be legally allowed but it's still dishonest. good thing i dont care about reddit

>it's yet another American doesn't know what he's talking about episode

I'm going to go watch the Shortland Street Omnibus instead.

Yea, they can, but they cannot claim to support free speech while doing so.

you are either a public forum that supports free speech or you are a private owned company with a vested interest. You cannot be both.

THERE WOULD BE NOTHING WRONG
WITH REDDIT
OR TWITTER
OR FACEBOOK
CENSORING CONTENT THEY DON'T LIKE
IF THEY WOUD
JUST
ADMIT
TO
IT

Nobody has ever claimed leddit as a bastion of free-speech

Are you saying that reedit isn't a public forum?
You seriously believe this?
I guess that means that only a select few people from the population can access it and not just every chucklefuck with a computer, right?
You morons realize that a public forum doesn't mean that it is owned by the government right? It means it is accessible by the public, get your fucking shit together Sup Forums is a public forum as well you retards.

Except they never claimed to support free speech.

>he thinks he's entitled to any website he wants

If he were alive today he would hate today's reddit and redditors as much as we do.

reddit is shit because the mods have an inner circle going on

they don't care about free discussion. just how they can use the publicity to further themselves. most of their bans are about currying favor and friendship to popular people

Not our fault you don't see now why no one takes Reddit seriously. It's a forced echo chamber, as in if you don't echo then you're removed.

>Except they never claimed to support free speech.
They did. At least reddit did. Twitter claimed to be a "neutral" platform many times. No I won't google this shit for you go fuck yourself.

True, this is why reddit is so shit and full of retards probably.
>he thinks he's entitled to any website he wants
If they don't want their website in public domain they are free to put up a paywall at any time, too bad that would literally kill their website.

It's only a public forum if it's owned by the US Government you silly boy. Look it up.

>public: noun: ordinary people in general; the community.
>Forum: noun: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

You can split hairs and argue semantics all you want but strictly speaking it is a public forum.

>implying you have to charge for something to censor it

lol you have no idea how private property works

that's like saying I have to charge money to enter my home if I want to limit who can come in

RIP Swartzy

No one is denying they can't do it. They can't not expect backlash for doing it though. People are undoubtedly going to be angry.

Reddit did, they used to be hardout lolbertarians back in the day. Now they're just leftist cucks.

Nobody that matters.

Are you high?
If they are in public domain then they are a public site, go ask a judge.

It would be more like you buying and fencing off the playground in the park and then telling everyone to fuck off if they don't agree with your opinions. You may be entitled to do so but your still a fucking prick for it and no one will care when niggers come steal all your shit.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but last time I checked the United States Code wasn't just dictionary.com.

>DISCLOSURE: Reddit user /u/AntonioOfVenice is a moderator of the subreddit /r/dickgirls, of which Breitbart Tech writer Allum Bokhari is also a moderator.

You faggots disgust me sometimes.

The playground is public property.

Reddit is private property. You can't do what you want if they don't want you to.

So?

freeze peach
lol
amirite?

The playground is quasi-public space. The playground is not wholly liable for all scrapes & bruises that occur on their property.

Just as Reddit would not be wholly liable for all terroristic threats that occur if they were considered a "common carrier," making them a "quasi-public space." However, if they show that they are capable of censoring certain types of speech, then they are capable of censoring speech that is considered terroristic and would, under normal circumstances, make them liable.

Just as a playground whom hired a security guard to keep out Gingers would be liable for children that hurt themselves on their property.. as they would have the means necessary to mitigate such situations.

>TL;DR: Everything Reddit has done is technically legal, but they've opened themselves up to being liable for anything that occurs on Reddit due to their pro-active censorship.

Maybe you should use dictionary.com more often if you didn't understand what I said.
>A bunch of trees cant be a forest because the gubament says so
it quacks, it waddles, it swims but by your logic its a fucking elephant right?

That part of the playground would NOT be public if you buy it. and you could kick people out of it if you wanted to, but you'd be a dick for doing so.

At least someone knows something

isn't that like the anti-gay pro-Christian bakers argument?

I'm just going to assume that /r/DickGirls is what I suspect it is.

Fuck off reddit.

Shhh, don't bring that up! the double think might make their head explode!

>B-but, uh, that's different you homophobe!