Oh hey, another depressing comedy with zero jokes. Thanks Louie

Oh hey, another depressing comedy with zero jokes. Thanks Louie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S8Ho1WWDECM
youtube.com/watch?v=15PCHWfnqNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

so what you're telling me is i shouldn't watch season 2

3 eps in and it is even darker and less funny. I don't know man this show just makes me sad watching everyone get abused by this asshole.

I love Bill Burr and I would have never have lasted as long as I did if it wasn't because he's one of the funnier stand ups today (current special excluded)

It's so annoying when rich,successful people play these kinds of characters. Bill Burr probably still thinks he is blue collar when he probably eats sushi off naked women on tuesday nights.

You shouldn't have watched episode 2 desu

this new season was hilarious. the wife is funny, the neighbor is funny (and hung), and the etc.

It's incredibly angry and hard to binge-watch. So much angst.

But there are plenty of jokes.

it's also incredibly derivative

I didn't like season 1 when I first started watching it but it grew on me by the time it was over.

>First episode is just the dad spazzing out and screaming like an autist
Dropped
Older brother was fun though

I guess there was that Cluck's Clams joke in the Doesn't-have-enough-money-to-eat episode?

It seems to be one of a number of so called comedies out there right now that are made by comedians who figured out making things sad is easier than making things funny.

what do you mean?

It's not like Bojack or Louie. It's a classic old school sitcom and it's edgy - featuring beating off, underage sex, etc.

My only issue is that it's really stressful to watch.

I really want to like this, I really do but I agree it is painful and unsettling to watch. Mo Collins is great in it as the Bully and the Heartless Teenage Whore

why is costanza putting jew hats on girl scouts?

The redneck diaper kids make it fucking unbearable they are tv aids bill

> Heartless Teenage Whore
You mean haircut girl?

I feel so bad for Frank's daughter, so neglected. And little Bill is falling off so quickly. Damn.

>The redneck diaper kids make it fucking unbearable they are tv aids bill

They're barely featured.

It's great but it hits close to home at times.

Tell me more user where do I find these place, with quality level sushi that compliments view.

Yup, I grew up in a not nearly as stressful household but those little issues with money are brutal.

How do poor people manage to raise even semi-decent kids?

They're in every episode for minutes that feel like hours
God fuck I want them to get murdered

mommy arm vitamins was pretty funny

Visually I feel like they are a rip off of another character but I can't put my finger on it. I was thinking Mutt and Jeff but that isn't right.

I get an ed, edd and eddy vibe from them too

The mother's VA is fucking on point. There's a segment where she beats the brothers with a wooden spoon for arguing too loudly with the most perfect delivery I've ever seen in a cartoon.

I'm alright with this because hopefully it means we'll start getting more cartoons in the US again that aren't just sitcoms. I'd kill for another attempt at something like Spawn.

i like when he says i'll put you through the fucking wall

he's just like my dad

the whimpy kid who is friends with the red head is annoying, i hated every moment he was on screen, same as the redneck kids

>when he probably eats sushi off naked women on tuesday nights.

Can you imagine if he actually read this post? That's comedy.

He spends all day fucking around on podcasts and being Nia's bitch. I don't think the kind of guy who eats sushi off naked broads would sell his drumset to make room for his little gibbon baby. lol

Why does Bill hate his dad so much?

A lot of the characters are ott cliches. You can only get away with it if they're funny. This shows rarely funny. I like the Frank and his wife stuff though.

How much of a faggot do you have to be to find a fucking cartoon hard to watch?

some people really need to not wallow in their own sadness so much its not healthy

youtube.com/watch?v=S8Ho1WWDECM

>I-it's too mean-spirited!!

im watching that scene right now. i have a feeling this isgonna turn into bojack where every episode features multiple stupid 'woe is me' monologues

based burr

dreariness and melodramatic sadness isnt a substitute for good kino

DUDE IM A HOLLYWOOD WRITER AND IM NIHILISTIC AND DEPRESSED LMAO

Is this that Amy Poehler kids show?
Why are you watching this?

cock people

this "le mature cartoons for le adults only" meme needs to end

actually watching this show is pretty damn depressing

Bill Burr acting as his father is pretty cool.

>...or I'll put you through the freakin wall!

Bill Burr actually thinks this is a good enough recurring joke to carry the show. Before the show came out he kept repeating that to sell it and it wasn't funny then either.

how the fuck is that joke supposed to carry the show? it's not like the show revolves around him saying that. Are you fucking stupid or some shit?

I agree. It's like he is hoping it's gonna become a catchphrase but he is overselling it.

It's just supposed to be a typical dad catchphrase, nothing more, nothing less.

>I'm Homer Simpson and d'oh!

youtube.com/watch?v=15PCHWfnqNA

my dad used this line too on us

oh shit. never seen that before.

They dont.
I wish I could find some decent good people in this world but it seems you need to get shit on and do some shitting on to be a good person.
Poor people and rich people are no different, very horrible people or ok people.
From what I can tell sad is going to become more popular.
Everything is sad now.

Good motivation to be a good person, I'd say.

GO PLAY WITH YER FATHERS GUN
Yes few minutes into it and im a laughing.
Though I just read garth ennises shit show.

It's cringy at times but mostly funny. It does a really good job of portraying the kind of shit low income families have to struggle with. also Laura Dern is god tier

I saw the season ending coming a mile away once they introduced the bomb though I was expecting Scoop to throw it into the plane engine to make baggage spaghetti, not just step on it

It was good until it became full "womyn power!".
I bet Nya had a hand on that.

no, it's actually the "CARTOONS ARE ONLY FOR KIDS BECUZ IM AN AUTIST" meme that needs to end

>it became full "womyn power!"
man you people are so thin skinned, it's fucking hilarious

I don't mind, sad is better than funny anyways.

>became full womyn power
>because Sue got a job and Maureen is smart

lol ok sperglord

Trying to but that means fuck all innit?

Why is the animation so bad

>It seems to be one of a number of so called comedies out there right now that are made by comedians who figured out making things sad is easier than making things funny.
>implying it's lazy to give comedies more emotional depth
fucking pleb

Kys weeb

Kill yourself cucks.
>the women in the family are smart while the men are barbarians that only think on getting laid and enforcing toxic stereotypes of masculinity
It's the Simpsons all over again.

>please be a little more sensitive when representing my gender and race in the media please, check your minority/woman privilege!

I made it two or three episodes in and this is exactly why I stopped watching. It's just such a depressing premise that I can't even enjoy the jokes, like the sadness completely drowns out any and all humor.

No son thats a titty club now.

How much of a beta faggot do you have to be?
Abusive fathers were already old years ago, the whole point of that character is hearing Burr screaming at things.

Or Married With Children

You are a faggot, it's called comedy

And Frank is a good man if you watched the fucking show and believe me I know a shitty father.

F is fucking great. Season 2 builds on jokes from season 1 and also gets darker

no he isn't he's petty and retarded
>not letting his son play a concert
>lying to his wife in front of his kid
>fingerfucking a toddler
>not applying for unemployment and making his wife work

>that ending
jesus man someone give him a hug

He always talks about how it's such a time-intensive project and I can't imagine why. The animation was terrible in the episode I watched and the plot was worn and tired. It's basically That 70s Show "nostalgia" with Bill Burr being pretend angry.

>>fingerfucking a toddler
Wait what? what?

>not letting his son play a concert with a degenerate junkie is a bad thing

Havent seen the episode but poor people need to stay away from drugs.

it's when you stick your fingers in someone's cooter

I think it's that in the past, abusive fathers were always done to such a caricature that it was still easily to laugh at. While I fucking love F is for Family, Burr's character transcends all past iterations and hits WAY too close to home for some people. This isn't someone they're just watching on a TV show, this is someone that might be in the house with them that very moment.

I wonder how he got over that kind of stuff.

He married a liberal negress that his father probably hates/would've hated.
There's no worse revenge you can do as a son than muddling the genetic heritage of your father.

>2k17
>watching anything but sopranos

It's all kike propaganda these days anyways

Only 4 episodes into the second season. It's fine. Frank struggling to get a job hit pretty close to home, but I wouldn't say the show worships self-loathing like BoJack Horseman.

Maybe watching shows like this could help you with your anger issues such as blaming Jews for everything wrong with you rather than your non-existent and/or asshole daddy?

>self-loathing like BoJack Horseman.
Fucking horse gets everything and hes a lazy cunt.
I like bojack but hes a rich kid whos bored and thats where the "feeling" he gets comes from.
Franks and every man and average joe I guess.

because it's a web recording of a stream

Burr said himself that's why he liked that it was an animated show, since it gives a certain distance from the familiarity of the over bearing father figure, more so than a conventional live action show anyway.

Reminds me of my dad. He wasn't downright mean but he is an aggressive dumb guy with no patience who is quick to start screaming when he doesn't get his way.

Hits close to home, couldn't relax when he was home growing up, made me into a nervous beta guy. Was only child in a rural area too. Thank god for vidya escapism.