Is the 80's Shadow series worth reading?

Is the 80's Shadow series worth reading?

It's the only good version of an otherwise awful character.

Nonsense. The pulps and even the majority of the radio series are better than any comic book iteration of the character.

*tips*

He's right though. The character is a derivative and shallow dime a dozen pulp era vigilante who amounts to little more than fedora and cape like all the others. There's a reason these shitty characters were made obscure by Batman and the like.

You mean the one where his head is cut off and put on a robot body with machine gun arms?

Alright I have to read this comic right now, that sounds too stupid to miss.

I bet.

Knowing what the fuck you're talking about earns a fedora pic now?

When it comes to some literally who edgelord character from 90 years ago yes, yes it does.

DC actually lost the rights to The Shadow over this storyline. The company that owns him was really offended by it.

Blood and Judgment is alright. I wouldn't say it's great, but worth reading. It did some stupid things, but nothing as bad as and it's solid overall.

Honestly, he takes it rather well.

>muh shadow

hey remember the last time anyone gave a shit about that shitty character? me neither because I wouldn't be born for about 65 years

This character literally wears a fedora.

Never read it but the Garth Ennis series from a few years back was solid. It went to shit after he left though. Some of the 90's Dark Horse stuff is also worth a look but good luck finding it.

it's a slouch hat

Hi

The shadow strikes is an all around better series

Sup.

That's a made up rumor Baker and Helfer just dropped the series because the license was taking too much out of their pay checks

This. Gerard Jones is really underrated in general. Never see him brought up here or anywhere.

Also recommend The Trouble with Girls and Green Lantern: Mosaic.

Don't know much about his 80s comics but his dynamite runs been pretty good considering he's just a dime a dozen crime fighter characters

>Dime a dozen
>Not diamond dozen
What fucking site am I on?

>Personally I'd say Ennis run was the best purely because they gave the villain a extremely satisfiing send off
-Pics related-

Boom

Gives a bit of his Ennis commentary about the U.S and Japen at the time too.

Oh fuck. I forgot about that. Awesome ending. That series also had really cool Alex Ross covers and I fucking hate Alex Ross.

Yeah Ross gives has some God tear cover art

I disagree. There's nothing about this generic character that Batman doesn't do ten times better.

Okay Batfag. We get it. If you don't like the character stay out of the thread.

Name one

Don't make me start a Zorro thread faggot.

This, justice inc. and blackhawk are all great

Everything, basically. But especially have an interesting, iconic and well-developed rogues gallery.

He doesn't have a bullshit no kill rule and just shoots the fuckers to get it over with

Nobody even brought Batman up. Why are you so insecure?

How very edgy. That's another reason Batman is superior though. You know, actual personality beyond 'ha ha ha fedora and cape'.

Don't be a batfag

A batfag. Lecturing about the importance of non-edginess and personality. Fuck me.

How can you read dynamite comics? The art is always awful

Are you retarded? Batmans been a million times more fucking edgier and
Retarded than tthat

>iconic and well-developed rogues gallery
you mean a group a psychos that have killed 1000s all because Batman is too much of coward to kill them or be smart enough to pump some of his billions of dollars in Arkham and Blackgate so they don't escape every other week?

Not really they have Alex Ross as a regular for their covers and draws some.of the issues

Give some examples of Batman being that edgy.

Where did all these Shadowfags come from

Holy shit. Sup Forums really is hipster central now.

So we're only allowed to discuss mainstream capeshit now? Fuck off.

It was too edgy for me. The Shadow mowing people down with a mac-10 gave me an aneurysm. Decent art though.

Are you the same asspained faggot from the edgy costume thread? Jesus dude. Get a grip.

but the shadow is shit, it got forgotten for a reason
the same archetype has been done thousand of times better and with more depth

stop being a retarded hipster and read stuff like Punisher instead

So yes then. Thanks for the confirmation.

Since this threads been infected by an autistic batman fag let's read the shadow vol 1 by Gareth Ennis!

I like how he bring up all the bullshit Japs did before we nuked their asses

This comic sucks though

At least post Wagner's works

Hyped Tbh

This is the worst Shadow series

Like all their bordline sadisitic shit they did in the name of "Honor"

Fuck off Batfags

I just think the guy should post the shadow strikes or OP's series

Fuck off yourself retard, this comics is dogshit, Ennis didn't give a shit about The Shadow and boldfaced said he did this for a paycheck, Wagner however loves him and actually does him justice.

He gets to the point real quick

Should've story timed the time he met Batman Tbh.

Ok this isn't Ennis best work but it's far from shit

Yeah really, Shadow Strikes was blows this shit the fuck out

>More than two people can't dislike my fedoracore pulpshit

Shit apparently some asshole already posted the next two earlier in the thread

It's boring as hell and phoned in, Ennis even said he doesn't find the Shadow as interesting as Cranston / Allard so he's barely The Shadow for most of it.

Could you, or some one, storytime the 80s Shadow

Fine the people have spoken story time over

Good riddance, now I will show you how it's done.

>muh buzzwords

>Garth Ennis
>using Iris Chang's propaganda book as source material
>comic was written almost 14 years after it was discredited
Christ.