Basically, "less Felicity"

basically, "less Felicity"

Nowhere in that entire article did they say that. Fuck off faggot OP for getting my hopes up.

>hand to hand combat focus on a show about an archery hero
>still no super powers

fucking hacks

>more hand-to-hand combat
Yeah, living up to your name is for bitches.

their best episodes of the last two seasons were the ones that heavily featured super powers.

Remember when they set up Solomon Grundy in season 2 and never delivered?

Literally Batman

>hand to hand combat

they'll never learn

Remember when Damien Darhk unfolded a giant puzzle box with a weird circuitry pattern in season 4 and IT NEVER WENT ANYWHERE!?

Remember how Waller said to take the idol to an ARGUS compound but they never explained how Darhk got it from them?

Remember how Merlyn FUCKING DIED at the end of season 1 and THEY STILL HAVEN'T EXPLAINED HOW HE'S STILL ALIVE?

Remember how Merlyn picked up the ashes of Vandall Savage after Ollie, Barry, and the Hawks killed him AND THEY NEVER EXPLAINED HOW HE CAME BACK OR WHY MERLYN DID THAT?

>>hand to hand
Fucking hell even my toku does it better
I honestly don't remember the last time there was a good "hand to hand" combat scene on TV

Maybe the show could get better if he went back to violently terrorizing corrupt people on his father's list rather than waiting around for Felicity to sense a crime in progress and hack a computer to save the day while he stands to the side

Uh, Arrow S4 finale :^)

>Remember how Merlyn FUCKING DIED at the end of season 1

I always thought he was just knocked out, I've been chalking it up to bad lighting or bad choreography that it's so unclear whether that fight even ended in a lethal blow or not.

>Remember when Damien Darhk unfolded a giant puzzle box with a weird circuitry pattern in season 4 and IT NEVER WENT ANYWHERE!?

Wait, seriously?

They never followed up on this?

Jesus christ.

desu

Also, who is saying this?

Is it Guggenheim? Or is it Berlanti?

They never follow up on the ring he's given in prison either do they?

Someone, I want to say Ollie, said that he was sure Merlyn died, Merlyn only said something along the lines of "The League has ways of cheating death" and that was it.

Yeah, he unfolded the damn thing and jizzed in his pants a little and that was the last we ever saw or heard of it in the entire season.

Nuclear fallout seemed like a last minute copout to me.

Do you think they pussed out on making season 5 the cosmic season or something?

I honestly can't remember, did they ever wrap up the whole list or did they just kinda quietly push that aside? It's crazy to watch season one now because almost none of that stuff is even vaguely relevant anymore. The cast is almost completely swapped out, none of those plots are still relevant in any way, the whole tone is different, it's just a different show.

>No superpower
Because the supers were the big problems with Season 3 and 4. Obviously.

He said he didn't need the list anymore and would just fight crime without it. Something like that.

They wrap the list thing up. It was pretty good character development and Felicity was the motivator too. She convinced him the list wasn't important, helping people was.

That was in season one, and he had no list in season two.

Remember when they set up Shadowspire as a continuing threat in the present in this season and never did anything with it?

Remember when Damian had a Motherbox blueprint on his table?

What's even the point of using the list anymore if he already stopped the undertaking? (or half of it anyway)

Those people still did bad things but really there is no point. That part of his character is done with and doesn't need to be picked back up again.

Amell honestly must be pushing back on them at this point. He knows people are not happy, I'm sure.

Tom
o
m

I don't think he's happy. I don't think any of them are happy.

It doesn't matter. As long as Guggenheim it's writing the show the focus around his waifu - the rest of show is incidental and only exists to get us between her scenes.

I truly and honestly believe this. I think Marc Guggenheim is masturbating weekly onto our television screens and it's disgusting.

C'mon
'
m
o
n

Is Guggenheim Slott of DCW?
At least Silk is fetishizable. Felicity is just mousy and annoying

He has to be. The pattern fits. Who writes a comic about Olicity? Guggenheim.

Who pushed Olicity the moment Johns and Kreisberg left for the Flash? Guggenheim.

Who killed Sara the first chance he got so Felicity wouldn't have competition? Guggenheim.

Who made her Jewish and reminds us of it every chance they get? Guggenheim.

He made his dream nerd girl. Olicity makes no sense at all unless you consider the fact that he's her pet character and he's living vicariously through Oliver.

Nope.

Goddammit fuck this show. What was the point of even setting it up?

stephen amell, entertainment weekly

Oh god.

That basically just means, "oh yeah they're not changing a goddamn thing, and even if they do, they'll do the exact opposite by the end of the season." Because hey, that's what was said in the interviews leading up to S4, and look how that played out.

They always lie anyway. Every thing they say has been a ruse since the show began.

fuck you bitch ass

Actually in a way he did.

>We need to get back to focusing on some of the core elements that used to define Arrow. To me, that's hand-to-hand combat, no superpowers, and dealing with the job of cleaning up Star City.
>Dealing with the job of cleaning up Star City

One of the core complaints last season was that there was almost no focus on superheroing and too much focus on personal drama.

However that doesn't mean we'll see less felicity, just maybe a bit more heroing.

They said the same thing after S3.

Don't. Believe. His. Lies.

Y'all needa stop calling me out in these threads. I ain't done nothin'! I'm gettin' awful tired of y'all's shit now.

>core elements that used to define Arrow
>hand-to-hand combat

Dammit

C'mon now

Holy cow are the writers out of touch with non twitter fans.
Give Ollie some new trick arrows, make some of his shots ridiculously comic book like bouncing an arrow off a few goons. Felicity should be back to a support role and her screen time should go back down to 5-10 minutes an episode tops. Have Oliver be the light hearted hero everyone likes, and bring back a canary for the love of God. Oh and instead of not using any supers, maybe add more, heck add some of the lesser known ones as well as the more serious ones.

They are out of touch by choice. It's a hugbox they built for themselves.
The problem at this point is why the network has been out of touch. Maybe our complaints will ring better with CW

>Let Twitter decide our future

I thought he said that after S3 they'd make the show lighter. Too bad it meant more "locking up the darkness" BS

Amells been on damage control since the finale

That sounds more like Bendis with Kitty

CW doesn't care as long as the ratings hold, if they see a drop then they might start listening

When?

But I don't want Jolly Ollie, I want Grell's Mean Queen . I want S1 back.

It can be both.

Compare 18-49 year old demos with the demos for other CW shows and arrow is still performing as expected

I want season 4 Oliver personality with season 2 arrow story

Those are internet polls, not Neilsen ratings.

we need to protest this, they need to concentrate on Olicity first and foremost. Luckily they got rid of all the supporting characters as well, now they can put all attention on Felicity.

Protest? What are you going to do, show up in a Guy Fawkes mask?

all this means is less felicity family drama, more olicity drama and ten hundred shots of felicity banging on her keyboard to hack