Dr. Manhattan was the one monitoring the Monitors

>Dr. Manhattan was the one monitoring the Monitors

god fucking dammit

Reminder that Johns is a hack and the antimonitor is a new god in his headcanon.

johns needs to be far away from universe building

It's a hydrogen atom you moron.

hyperciris threat?

If Dr. Manhattan is beyond Monitors, then Wally's claim that he's more powerful than Darkseid was a tremendous understatement. He's more powerful than the Gentry, perhaps on par with the Empty Hand.

No you idiot, also, if Johns were not a complete idiot he would use Tellurium

Tell that to Alan Moore then dumbass, not my fault he drew a Hydrogen Atom wrong

Do you seriously believe believe Johns had touched any Multiversity Issue?

Johns doesnt read other writters anymore.

Johns is literally DC's Bendis now. When was his last good book?
>inb4 Rebirth

>If Dr. Manhattan is beyond Monitors

There is no reason to believe this.

Again he merely interfered with a malleable timeline. He did not do anything that big.

Flash 200.

Prove me wrong

Rebirth
Forever Evil before that

Well since you've answered your own question, his last good book BEFORE Rebirth was GL #20. 2013 wasn't that long ago for a writer whose workload is as reduced as his.

His Action Comics run was after that and it was better than his Flash run by far

Objectively wrong on so many levels.

>Rebirth

It was a really bad comic, you only liked it cuz feels

>Forever Evil
>good
It had good moments and had good ideas, but it was horribly paced and didn't utilized most of the ideas properly

What year was the Amazo Virus stuff?

That period between Forever Evil and Darksied War was pretty damn great. Only part of his JL run really worth reading.

you might be a pleb

Forever Evil is alright, but the Justice League issues that ran alongside it added a lot. It could've been a truly great story if someone besides Finch drew it.
Amazo Virus was garbage, only the first few issues of Luthor forcing himself onto the team were good.

>Dr. Manhattan went from being an autistic beta loser to being the one that created the DC universe and is above every other entity

>What year was the Amazo Virus stuff?

How can you like such a terrible piece of crap? Amazo Virus was terrible

The presence or absence of an emotional reaction is one of the things that makes a story good or bad.

And you might be a jackass with a hard on for lame Donner Superman knock offs like Johns

And the anti-monitor went from destroying whole universes and darksied from collapsing the multiverse, to literally just fuck up like 3 blocks in gotham during a fight to the death between the 2 of them.

Here is the thing: Johns doesnt give a fuck about that. The only thing that matters is what he want to be canon.

The signs were all there, all along.

I never even watched the Donner movies before, it was a good run. Only Frank drew him with that face anyway.

And?

The book is crap, you like the stuff that happens in the book, but the dialogue, the pace, the logic behind what happens, and the charecterization were bad.

But sure, pretend is a good comics after all wally gets a hug.

>A story made you feel emotions
>This makes it bad

>the dialogue, the pace, the logic behind what happens, and the charecterization were bad.

none of this is true though

>The book is crap, you like the stuff that happens in the book, but the dialogue, the pace, the logic behind what happens, and the charecterization were bad.
What was wrong with any of it?
Who's characterization was bad?
What was bad about the dialogue?
What was bad about the pacing?
What was bad about the "logic behind what happens"?

Reminder that Hal lied and Barry is to blame, regardless of what Johns say

Saturn Girl is Gentry

>Reminder that Hal lied and Barry is to blame, regardless of what Johns say
But it wasn't Barry, read the fucking story. It was Zoom.

>But it wasn't Barr
It was Barry.

>Manhattan is Empty Hand
>Watchmen was this game changer, that ended up just being co-opted by the very genre it tried to change, being used to keep the industry boring and marketable

What does Sup Forums think?

Jesus, anons. Lighten up a little bit. It's just a comic.

JL before Darkseid War, Batman: Earth One v2, writing episodes of CW Flash

>JL before Darkseid War, Batman: Earth One v2, writing episodes of CW Flash

>any of that
>good

That's stretching far beyond seriousness

It makes sense for DC to finally start sourcing from WatchmeX. I mean that comic has gone basically untouched for decades at this point. Not even Hack Snyder would touch it for the movie.

He did the first Captain Cold episode, and v2 was better than v1.

Rorschach was not vaporized the same way as Doc. Hell, Doc was never vaporized, he was removed from his own etheric field.

The only character that went through the same process as Doc's was Bubastis...
GUYS

>JL before Darkseid War
The JSA/JLA crossover was a long time ago
>Batman: Earth One v2
Is not even as good as your average Black & White Batman and Zero Year was better
>writing episodes of CW Flash
Now i know you are trolling. You could had said Arkham knight.

>He did the first Captain Cold episode
Sooooo heeee iiiiisss theee guy behiiiinddd cooooolllldddd taaaaalllkiiiing liiike aaaa reeetaaaard

He fucked with the timeline of one universe, user. Let's not go crazy.

He was never a new god. He was still the probe but now he is evil because of anti life instead of ????

> Anything in Synder's Batman run
> Better

Lmao!

Johns was that bad

Then maybe there is hope for all of us, user

I don't buy that it is Manhattan.

Manhattan described himself as a puppet, but one that can see the strings. Meaning, he was under the influence of the puppet masters as much as any other being and while he could see what he and others would do in the future, he couldn't do anything else.

I believe he is the agent of something else. He never had much power, he could control matter and space. Maybe he realized space and time are one and went beyond his own limitations, but that is a flimsy workaround that ignores the fact that this previous limitation affected his characterization profoundly. He was the most powerful being, and the most aware of how powerless he and everyone else was.

>Who watches the watchmen?
>Who monitors the monitors?
>the symbol that lines up
If they did this shit on purpose, I'll take back everything bad I said about DC

Consider the following:

During Robinson's Earth 2 run, he left a lot of plot threads dangling. One of the ones that we figured would never be answered was what the fuck happened to Mercury after the events shown in the first episode, where E2 Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman all die trying to stop Apokalips' initial invasion of their world.

Here he describes a "greater darkness" than Apokalips that kept him trapped, which is vague enough to be damn near anything. But the really interesting part is on this page.

Pay attention to how long he says he's been gone.

>half-score
>ten years

Keep in mind that in this comic, only FIVE years have passed since the death of the rest of the Roman pantheon during the events of Apokalips' invasion.

Mercury was unable to escape this darkness in order to pass on his power for a period of time that suspiciously lines up with the amount of time stolen by the Watchmen universe, and Dr. Manhattan.

Similarly, the first glimpse of the pre-New 52 universe reasserting itself that we see is Wally escaping from the Speed Force. Both cases begin with a flash of lightning falling to Earth, in order to begin a legacy again.

Amazo Virus was a great Trinity Story + Luthor.

It kind of sucked that the rest of the League got benched, but god damn it's been so long since we've gotten a good story with all three of them working together and highlighting their characters effectively that I loved it regardless.

Compare Wondy in that arc to how Johns wrote her at the beginning of the New 52 and it's like night and day.

Manhattan was fatalistic because he was bound by what he saw as inevitable conclusions based on the flow of time and the general nature of physics in the Watchmen universe.

However, the end of Watchmen involves him leaving that universe behind to try his hand at playing God, creating his own universe and possibly life within it.

What if the New 52 is a result of that experimentation?

Yeah the "Johns doesn't read other writers" meme is really annoying and Wonder Woman disproves it. I remember reading an interview where he was talking about at some point he sat down and just read a shit load of WW and fell in love with the character, which is why she's so different post Forever Evil.

It's just a shame Darkseid War tried to do so much at once because that was supposed to be her big arc. Her narration was good and showed he had a handle on the character, but she didn't really do anything.

Nobody fucking did anything in that event.

That's why the one-shots were mostly good, because it actually showed the characters DOING THINGS instead of standing around and fucking monologuing the entire damn time.

>leaving the universe behind

He said he might create some humanity elsewhere. He could have gone to another galaxy and populated a planet, or made a planetoid around some star and stuck around seeding and nurturing it.

Why the fuck have I never heard of this?

has literally any part of hypercrisis or meta discussion actually revealed a part of intentional inclusion of plot elements?

It managed to predict Ultra being the empty hand and Red Racer saving the day by using the bleed as speed force to summon every flash ever and punch Evil Nix in the face.

Triple jokers was suggested during the "joker is a mirror demon" thing.

>intentional

I don't think you quite understand the purpose of Hypercrisis threads.

It doesn't matter if it was intended or not.

Has your autism been diagnosed already?
God I hope so

We figured out Oberon Sexton was the Joker

What is this? Someone provide context.

See this is why I think that posts like and and don't matter.

The Hypercrisis is alive. It is its own thing. It uses writers or doesn't use them. What Johns wants doesn't matter. He's not in control. He's a puppet. So is Morrison. The difference is that Grant can see his strings and Geoff can't.

God fucking damn it, Earth 2 was based.

was

Abnett is doing his damnedest to salvage what's left, and actually hacked together a decent ongoing out of it.

Has the hypercrisis effected any other franchises? Not just other comic companies, likes Marvel, but other mediums entirely.

Anyone else hype as fuck to hear Morrison's reaction to Rebirth and read his new Multiversity Too one-shots after this?

Also daily reminder that literally every Morrison series starts out as a one-shot or mini and eventually has too many ideas and expands...

>Geoff can't

Here's the thing, what connects Morrison and Johns together is that both of them love taking old concepts and characters from elsewhere in DCU history and brushing them off to use in new works.

But where Morrison does a better job of contextualizing those aspects into a larger whole, Johns' work doesn't splice together as well on a cosmic scale.

That doesn't mean it's not part of the Hypercrisis though. Morrison's works often have the same themes played out over multiple levels within the narrative, and I see his work and Johns as paralleling each other in a similar way. Johns just wants to write cool stories with characters he likes. Morrison explains and contextualizes those stories within the larger whole of the DCU and its cosmology.

As above, so below.

>Its just a comic.

Keep telling Yur self that.

Theoretically it's a method of reading any type of ongoing setting development that is handled by multiple creative teams or writers after the originator of the setting, characters, or property has relinquished control.

So you could possibly apply it to everything from Sherlock Holmes to Doctor Who to the Lovecraft mythos.

Well damn

I'm imagining it'll be revealed eventually that Manhattan is being manipulated by the Empy Hand

Considering Johns is using the Watchmen characters to represent the kind of soulless "darker and edgier" revivals that take inspiration from all the wrong parts of Watchmen, that may not be too far off base.

I'm going to go back and read every single DC comic ever published starting with Action #1 and look for hints and cameos by Dr. Manhattan. Will report back as I find stuff

There is because he is the embodiment of an extratetual threat, the same way Mandrakk and the gentry are. And Geoff has said that Rebirth is based on the morrisonian version of the multiverse, which in turn exists within our real world. One could even argue that the grimdark tone of the monitors world was caused by manhattan, with Mandrakk being an Alan Moore analogue. The monitor world even had its own doomsday clock.

Morrison has straight up said in an interview for the release of the Multiversity collected edition that he and Johns actually explained to each other their respective interpretations of the multiverse. Johns take on the DC universe for rebirth is the morrisonian one, too (The giant, ever expanding story that gets life with everything that is written)

Why does everything fits so fucking perfectly its almost like the creator are all tamping into actual events... From the multiverse which we get as s

Oh shit

Circles are easy to add layers onto, so if you make a massive circle and leave a good chunk of it empty/vague for future use you'll be pretty safe to add more shit as needed down the line.

No it wasn't. That circle below Destiny is Nil, the world of the Monitors, as seen in Superman Beyond 3D.

If you're going to hypercrisis, do it right.

Wait til you look at the map and the atomic structure of a Krypton atom.

>he and Johns actually explained to each other their respective interpretations of the multiverse.
>You will never get to hear this convo

>No it wasn't. That circle below Destiny is Nil, the world of the Monitors, as seen in Superman Beyond 3D.
>If you're going to hypercrisis, do it right.
Are you retarded?

>Are you retarded?
>If i'm going to have a symbol, it shall be one that I respect
>I know, i'll put the world of some otherworldly beings on my forehead
>beings who Watch the Watchmen

It's one thing to form theories. It's another to go completely against what the creators did. That world is Nil, the world of the monitors.

If anything, the Watchmen universe if from one of those unknown Earths that the Monitor Magis made.

>Manhattan's symbol happens to line up with Nil
>Point it out
>You start throwing an autistic bitchfit

Is this your first time in a hypercrisis thread?

It's my first time to have you in these threads.

So it's your first hyper crisis thread, got it

Bitch I made some of what save in these threads. Don't go dick waving about who got here first.