This confuses and enrages the american

This confuses and enrages the american

you can't blame them, their mutt genes significantly lowered their IQ.

'matic gear system is better for the both the individual driver and for society as a whole

car primitivists fuck off

Honestly asking why do euros prefer manual over automatic? Am also a manual user but I don't see the point of buying manual when automatic is easier to drive

because automatic makes you grow a vagina
like this guy(female) here

So we can laugh at those who drive automatic.

manual gives you more control over the vehicle
and for some reason I find manuals more fun to drive too

my truck is manual I don't get this

truck, you would be better off driving an automatic car

You're right. I got my first automatic car and I don't think I'm going back to manual ever again. It's very smooth and relaxing.

So you can buy a brand new Audi, Mercedes or Ferarri in manual?

what did he mean by this

For a while automatic transmissions were pretty garbage and didn't really shift properly, which wasted fuel. they are also more expensive to manufacture, maintain and replace. its stupid easy to fix even massive damage to a manual transmission.

Automatics only made sense as a luxury option until about 10 or so years ago. Americans spend a lot of money on cars, which honestly makes a lot of sense considering their countries reliance on them, so they found that it was a useful luxury.

Now automatic transmissions get much better fuel efficiency than manuals, but they are still more prone to costly repairs from misuse.

My mini cooper is manual tho :/

Post feet

what even is this meme? literally everyone in my family drives a manual
why does it even matter lol

w-why?

>This confuses and enrages the american

a very natural reaction if you ask me, americans are a very simple people and they confuse that with a butt plug.

question for automatic users
how do you pass another car in fron of you on the left? Like with manual you usually shift a gear lower to gain more acceleration faster and pass him but how does that work on an automatic?

you drive faster

doesn't it take more time and because of that is more dangerous?
are you generally expected to not do risky manoeuvres if you drive an auto?

takes more time? i think we're talking like saving a few seconds here.
>are you generally expected to not do risky manoeuvres if you drive an auto?
lol?

you fucking mash it and ignore the concerning noises that your transmission is making

you push the pedal down with your right foot

>what is "kickdown"?
Seriously?

burguer want's to buy an automatic ferrari... You people are just disgusting, I heard they made an auto F40 for the US market and I just wan't to puke, after the f335 it all just wen't downhill...

I don't know man, no idea how automatics work
never drove on in my life

I agree with this. I'll always buy automatics but speeding around in a high end sports car without a shifter would feel incredibly odd.

Me neither, but this is common knowledge, Mario.

no it isn't
where the fuck do they teach this? Not in italian driving schools that's for sure. They only teach you manual transmission

all ferrari's have shitfters, levers in the central console, but after they began coming with paddle shifters and americans who don't know how to drive began installing outside automatic transmissions to simulate paddle commands (they're bad and unsafe) ferrari began shipping their cars with an auto button from the factory

No, they are too expensive.

When you really step on the gas, the transmission switches to a lower gear (just like you'd do on manual), making you accelerate faster

It is pretty hard to find a manual 5 series here. The most pristine example was automatic and the few manuals were beaten up by boyracers, so I bit the bullet and got the automatic. Well it has steptronic so I can still have some fun but my M2 will most definitely have the manual gearbox.

ohhhhh there you go now it makes sense
oh shit does that mean in american movies when they yell STEP ON THE GAS they want to do that? It all makes so much sense now

>in american movies when they yell STEP ON THE GAS
lol yeah it means they're hammering their foot on the gas pedal

>It's a 'yuropoors act superior because rowing your own gears is the only option on their sub-1L diesel hatchback shitboxes' thread

funny thing is automatic will become standard within the next 5 years... automatic is great tbqh

maybe in lelgium
the only people who drive automatics here are women and gays with a smart

It is great on anything that isn’t a performance car. And then for a performance car you have two options: manual for the easy repairs and increased involvement or dual clutch box for the advantage on track if you don’t mind paying more for repairs.

yeah, so pretty much every driver in Italy then, faggot

I've always preferred Jap/Kraut cars but I sat in this thing today and it's pretty heckin cool
>exhaust has quiet/loud/louder/FUCKOFF modes and sounds fucking amazing
>entire gauge cluster is digital and changes shapes/color depending on drive mode
>actually felt the entire car physically squat down in drag mode (suspension is magnetic apparently)
>interior quality seemed fine for the price and the visibility/practicality was good
>was a manual too
Wanted to drive it but its too cold for the tires. Might buy an amerifat car in a few years, I liked it more than my parents Mercs

haha hilarious joke woman, do you get wet when people honk at you in your little sissy car?

I drive a BIG german car, pussi

Pretty much expected. They're just better these days, and thats coming from someone who enjoys driving manual for fun.

Porsche's PDK, GM/Fords new 10 speed. Both outperform their manual counterparts.
That's not to say manuals can't be fast though, pic related

Or if you drag you buy an automatic because planetary gears are the strongest (barring specialty transmissions which are still usually planetary)

>For a while automatic transmissions were pretty garbage and didn't really shift properly, which wasted fuel.
Stop making opinions if you're clueless about what you're talking about.
Automatics waste fuel because of the hydraulic clutch/torque converter that introduces energy losses due to the way it functions. Modern automatics feature an additional lock up clutch that omits the power transfer going through the torque converter but that usually happens only at higher speeds where the requirement of torque isn't high so you don't need to convert it.

Well dude of course it’s going to be funner than a benz. A benz is meant to just be a comfy cruiser, even the amg’s are just comfy cruisers with great straight line speed. Those new coyote engines are pretty cool, in general I think mustangs are a lot of car for the price. Personally I prefer to save for bmw but I totally get why people like mustangs.

but it's an automatic, why bother
why get a big car if you're gonna be a homo and ruin it with an automatic transmission
It's like going to a whore for a kiss

Ah yes that’s true automatics are better for drag racing not only because of the planetary gears but because they’re just more consistent for drag racing than a manual. Plus if the car is boosted you have the benefit of not losing much boost when shifting.

Yep, Porsche DOPPELKUPLUNGSGETRIEBE and ZF 8 speed are pretty fucking great gearboxes

auto transmission is comfy, you should try I swear

ahh maybe one day
at least now thanks to this thread I won't make a complete ass of myself if I eventually drive one

This is a non debate, any application a manual can do a semi-auto or planetary auto has surpassed it in. They exist nowadays because they are simply more fun. And they are more fun imo

They also aren't a special skill, all but the dumbest of teenage women can even, be taught to drive them if bothered

give you more control over the car and they're cheaper

he's saying that driving a mini cooper means you're probably female

I think the most important part about manual is that it actively engages the driver in the act of driving, so they pay more attention instead of being on autopilot while texting with one hand. Modern car commercials are basically telling people that they don't even have to pay attention anymore, the car will do that for you.

>This is a non debate, any application a manual can do a semi-auto or planetary auto has surpassed it in. They exist nowadays because they are simply more fun.

This. I've always had manuals because I actually like to drive. But automatics from Japanese manufacturers or Ford are very reliable now days. It is getting to the point where they are less costly to maintain than manuals, since there is no clutch to replace.

Could somebody explain the origin of this meme to me?
We have manual transmission cars in the USA.

Well maintained automatics have been cheaper for a while now. Replacing fluid and filter is cheaper and easier than replacing a clutch. The problem is if the clutch packs or valve bodies give out then it’s going to cost a lot of money and/or time.

Manual mutt masterrace reporting in

i'm a girl and i drive manual. it's not that difficult, you should try it

post feet on the pedals

It confuses and enrages me, too. I have a rental car now since someone hit my own (so that it's totaled now), and I'm just not used to the six-speed layout.
I keep going into 6th gear when I want to go into reverse. I hate that.

You can't say you know how to drive if you don't know how to put gears

BMW still does.

Weird thing that the reverse is on the right side no?

please be in wellington

>inb4 americans flood the thread to say that they personally drive manual and so does their entire extended family

I recognize that shift knob

>tfw cant drive manual
i wanna learn tho

Go buy a manual car and learn. The one thing I'll tell you is don't drop the clutch once the car starts moving, I've taught a ton of people and everyone does that and takes forever to git gud because of it

i will at some point. i just dont really want a second car payment right now

This, the clutch is just a burden.

>Now automatic transmissions get much better fuel efficiency than manuals
No they fucking don't.

cope

I legitimately want to swerve cunts off the road when I pass them only to see that their atrocious driving was due to being forehead deep in their mobile phone while alternating between speeds of between 70, then 120 on a 110km/h highway. These cancerous fuckers don't belong in the genepool, but their selfishness often involves killing not just themselves but entirely innocent people who happen to be unfortunate enough to end up in their path of reckless driving.
It is as though these fucking terrible drivers completely forget that their high speed metal boxes are prone to removing life when colliding with other things.

>a semi-auto or planetary auto has surpassed it in
First off, no. Secondly, these pseudo-manual transmissions are awful, overcomplicated messes. They lose all the simplifications of an auto and gain none of the benefits of a manual. They have no reason to exist.

>Bought my first manual a little over a year ago
>Likely in the next 10 years electric and autos will fully phase them out
Feels bad man. Auto barely feels like you're driving at all, it's so fucking boring.

Merging is pretty damn funny when you're manually switching gears. Especially with eurobeat

Best car ever, will walk a million $ euro hypercar around a technical track with ease. A shame nobody wanted a car built for driving instead of decorating an arab oil baron's garage or impressing gold diggers.

I really don't get the fear people have about manual trannies. It's just muscle memory. No different than doing k-style in GunZ.

>t. Oh look ! It's nothing...jpg
Old school, here. Just a stick. Of course, I ride also, so a manual trans is no big deal. Sports cars, sport luxury cars and trucks - nothing like the feeling and feedback it gives you. DOMC (dirty old man's car)/Mafia Staff Car/Jew Canoe - Automatic rules. There's also a place for the newer fully variable transmission, too.

I've got a little manual Focus ST
Real men use 3 pedals

why not 4

mah nigga
You have any mods on it?

Nah, I've been pumping all my money into student loans

I've been thinking about learning how to drive manual, I genuinely hate driving and see it as a chore and I would like to make it more enjoyable
I'm just not sure if it's a good idea to invest in one seeing as it will be a dying thing in the near future

I feel like automatics were designed for old and/or obese people

I rented a car in the us and it had one of these fucking things. I went to turn down the volume on the radio and guess what happened?

>Secondly, these pseudo-manual transmissions are awful, overcomplicated messes. They lose all the simplifications of an auto and gain none of the benefits of a manual. They have no reason to exist.
Dunning-Kruger in action, folks

>this is the mind of people who meme on others for not driving manual

Do you dress like Guy Fieri?

My first few cars were manuals. When I moved into the city I bought an auto because they're way more comfy when there's heavy traffic congestion.

I drove my uncle's GTI the other day and the DSG was fantastic. I still would prefer a manual, but dual clutches aren't bad.

>k style in GunZ
fuck the memories are starting to flood in