Can someone explain to me why everyone loses their shit over this series? Like ever since it ended...

Can someone explain to me why everyone loses their shit over this series? Like ever since it ended, people hold it as the gold standard for a female team-up book, not to mention apparently "the best" portrayal of Barbara.

I think it's pretty good, but aside from every other panel looking like a pin-up, it just kind of feels like any other street-level team book.

That a book starring women was able to feel like a normal street-level team book is the reason why it's applauded. They were allowed to be characters without the constant pandering bullshit.

People got soft in recent years and everything now seems to baby female readers by constantly pointing out that there's some social good for the female character to be a hero. It's a shame we've lost the ability to just tell stories.

fucking bigot
go to hell

Mmmmm...Ed Benes Huntress...

Pretty much what said.
I came for the fishnets and stayed for the characters.

So basically it's really not much better than most other team-ups, but it gets applauded because they managed to create an above-average ongoing with an all female cast?

It's Gail's second best book after pre-New 52 Secret Six.

Pretty much. It's a fine book, but the double standard is so ridiculous nowadays it gets insane praise

Someones not reading Clean Room

I could never take anything seriously in BoP thanks to Benes' art. It's hard to get invested in the tension when everyone is dressed like strippers and spends half their time posing like Playboy's shooting.

The only good thing was Ed Benes art, Simone is just a Lesbian Neocon hack.

A good female lead book should be able to be read by women and men

Not how Marvel is marketing and writing there female books

>Simone is just a Lesbian Neocon

>people hold it as the gold standard for a female team-up book
well, got any better examples

Gotham City Sirens

>book where the first arc features a plant penis that expldoes its gunk all over Harley and Ivy

Don't be silly.

GCC >>>>>>> BoP

Anyone who says otherwise has terrible taste.

anyone going to story time this?

artist and sauce?

Pretty sure it's from Dixon's BoP run.