Apparently Gothenburg and Oslo have approximately the same population...

Apparently Gothenburg and Oslo have approximately the same population. Why does Gothenburg seem like such a small town in comparison?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hONgtTez2SE
avisa-hordaland.no/voss/sokneprest-og-feminist-1.1881164
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gothenburg has chosen to preserve a european skyline, instead of putting glass dildos everywhere. they have also chosen to have a more open structure, with more greenery in central areas.
sadly, they're planning on building a huge glass dildo in the northern part of the city, that will be seen from everywhere.

meanwhile, oslo follows current trends by filling their entire urban centre with skyscrapers (interestingly, many of those developments are made by swedish architects). I guess there's also less history to preserve there, so it's easier to get permission to build stuff.

Is this a joke? Oslo doesn't even feel like a +500k city.

That's a good point. My head just can't make sense with Gothenburg having the same population as Oslo when the city clearly is smaller in size. Looking at maps online Gothenburg just seems like a small city that you can walk through in 30 minutes. This is supposed to be a city with 600 thousand people in it. Something does not add up. Gothenburg city centre surely can't be any bigger than Trondheim's?

God I love Scandinavia

>approximately the same population
Gothenburg probably have more in common with Copenhagen

>Oslo
city: 672000
metro: 1.6 mill

>Gothenburg
city: 573000
metro: 1 mill

on maps it looks like gothernburg has many more apartments whereas oslo has lots of residential suburbs with houses so obviously oslo is going to appear bigger

Gothenburg sprawls like crazy actually.

sure, that's true too. but the city centre looks absolutely tiny.

>metro
nice try but that doesn't count as a city

>many of those developments are made by swedish architects)

No, mostly by norwegian, spanish, italian and german architects

this

the city center is small, but there are suburbs that cover a vast area.

pic related is a map showing the extent of the city (that is, the municipality of gothenburg. the surrounding municipalities are also part of the greater metropolitan area). here, only a very small area next to the river makes up the city centre. the rest is suburbs, and some rural areas with farmland.

>nice try but that doesn't count as a city

Well if that is the case then Copenhagen and Gothenburg is almost the same

>Copenhagen

>Gothenburg

Why are Scandinavian cities so small

Small populations, why else?

this, I am going next year no matter what

Oslo is a compact city. There is nothing wrong with being compact

because the census counts homeless gypsies

2bh it looks better during summer than winter
youtube.com/watch?v=hONgtTez2SE

copenhagen has 1.2 million

>Copenhagen is the capital and most populous city of Denmark. The city has a population of 763,908 (as of December 2016), of whom 601,448 live in the Municipality of Copenhagen.

Every country has their own definition of what a city is

stay away

Why don't our cities look like this

600k live in the orange area, the other 600k live in the other coloured areas

yeah you have more people in the surrounding suburbs, no shit

>Stay away russkie, we want ahmed cocks only))
I got you swen

what's your point though?

Only for a visit though..Oslo and Sweden then to Bergen on the train

just filling in but for real guys, outside your northern european fairyland +-600K people is a small town. I used to live in a city with 2M people and it was considered it small-average, now I live in a city with 6M people and despite being a large-average city it still feels like I like inside an egg.

Russians, blacks and muslims should all stay away. Any kind of nigger really.

I thought Gothenburg was a Baltic port

what the fuck

that you only count copenhagen municipality when there's many other muncipalities that make up the city

if you travel during winter then you should make a stop on Voss trainstation on your way to Bergen. It's a really nice ski resort there and one of our national dishes comes from that place

>the brain is cooked inside the skull and then eaten with a spoon or fried

Holy Shit I was already nervous about the food there. Also do I have any chance of scoring chewing tobacco there?

>Also do I have any chance of scoring chewing tobacco there?

Yeah probably. But the people there are nice kind of hillbillies not the asshole ones

Maybe the only rural hillbilly place in the world where you will find a feminist local priest who thinks Trump is bad news for women heh

avisa-hordaland.no/voss/sokneprest-og-feminist-1.1881164