Memes aside ("he does it for free" and all that good stuff), is Arthur good?

Memes aside ("he does it for free" and all that good stuff), is Arthur good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sgALKH7cMKo
synchtu.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sure

I forgot how many times they referenced stuff on this show.

youtube.com/watch?v=sgALKH7cMKo

What the fuck, I haven't watched this how in a long time and apparently I am remembering it very incorrectly.

When it's just an average episode it can range from amusing to casual viewing. When they're trying to teach a "lesson" it can get annoying pretty quick.
If you know what I'm talking about then you know what I'm talking about.

>Mr Ratburn is a douche

Shit killed me nigga

I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH IT

That was pretty funny.

It's actually pretty solid, more enjoyable than the average PBS show. It took Arthur 13 seasons before it dipped in quality, something very few shows can achieve.

I'd have to say around 2003 was when it started to dip. Not to mention that spin-off with Buster was utterly retarded.

She does it for free

That was a good arc.

I think every older brother has had this experience.

>tfw my little sister thought it was funny burrying my sandals in the cat's litter box.

Why the fuck was Arthur in the wrong about that one. Like nigga, she was warned. He had every right to beat her face in.

If Arthur was still allowed to do this what sort of shows would they be referencing now?

Punching is wrong. It's why Arthur got his shit beat in at the end. He learned an important lesson: Karma is a bitch.

For me it's more the case of why does everyone care he punched his little sister?

Every sibling group I've seen brawls and nobody fucking bats an eye.

savage

>Season 1-2: God Tier
>Season 3-7: Ok Tier
>Season 8-13: Maybe 1 or 2 good episodes if you're lucky tier
>Season 14-19: What the fuck is going on with the animation and souless flash years tier

What kind of plane doesn't fly?

Kardashians, Justin Bieber, Pewdiepie.

Where can I stream Arthur?

>You will never get pegged by Fern

It's pretty JEKYLL JEKYLL HYDE JEKYLLE HYDE HYDE JEKYLL

There's not a single day that I don't miss this show.

>that episode where a literally autistic kid flipped out on George

Fuck you, DW deserved getting punched in the face. Maybe if Arnold's parents weren't so shitty they'd realize that he was in the right.

kisscartoon

fucking savage

Those are people, not shows. They would be referencing popular animated shows, maybe like adventure time, archer or gravity falls.

Nostalgia aside, it's amazingly consistent for a show that's been going for 200 episodes. Even the flash episodes still have the same wit as earlier seasons. (and it's really only 16 where the animation is unwatchable. Later seasons improved upon it a lot)

FUCK YOU

Fucking savage.

Back when Sup Forums was watching streams of it, I caught quite a bit of it. What amazed me the most was the sheer amount of random callbacks to older episodes. Nearly every episode had at least one off-handed remark about something that happened in an older episode, even into season 17 and 18. I've gotta respect it when the staff of a 20 year old series still cares enough to keep track of that shit.

THE ASS WAS PHAT

I can't imagine a world where it's still good even to this day, since it's one of the longest running TV shows...they're bound to run out of ideas. Though, I watched it all the time as a kid and loved the hell out of it, and I've seen it on now and then as an adult and still enjoyed it. Take what you will from my opinion.

synchtu.
be/r/Batman
24/7, contains all episodes

It has been remarked multiple times that the show's bible would make a very interesting read.

HEY ARNOLD!

>character does the usual "but we're going up against Mighty Mountain this weekend! They always beat us!"
>someone gets confused and points out that they almost always beat Mighty Mountain
>everyone stands around counting up the results of every game they've ever played on-screen before conceding that their win rate is about 50-50

Man, I kinda want to watch Arthur now. What's the stopping point of the "good" seasons?

>I kinda want to watch Arthur now
Me too, I'm about to download a torrent of seasons 01-10 and I'm curious if it's worth it to watch them all.

>I'm about to download a torrent
I'll take my chances on youtube, or some shit, I only asked about the seasons because every episode sort of blurs together in my memory.

One without a flight plan filled with the agency

They are all available here and on YouTube, I think.

Season 16 is when they switch to Flash animation. In my opinion, the animation goes down in quality much more than any other aspect of the show. There are still good newer episodes, if you can stomach the animation.

>Rewatched some episodes of Arthur on a stream
>It's actually pretty comfy and enjoyable even if I'm older

Arthur was genuinely good at some point.

>Arthur punches DW
>Parents rush to the scene
>"She broke my model plane, I told her not to touch it"
>Parents understand, DW gets grounded. Arthur isn't punished at all
>Arthur goes to school and tells everyone what happens. Mr. Ratburn exclaims " The little cunt deserved it. You told her not to touch it."
>20 years later DW finds herself married to Mr.Ratburn. She has to take in rat cock every night for the rest of her life.
>tfw I wake up
I hate the way the flash looks. Its just so distracting for me.

Keeping Up With The Cadassians is a show. So is Pewdiepie. They could have an episode where Buster starts a Let's Play channel on YouTube, and just have him freak the fuck out whenever he sees a jumpscare.

me too

Which episode? Both of them, please.

Considering these guys got off way easier.

The creator spoiled the ending, he was going to get to a very tough spot in his list. Then on the way to solving it, he runs into someone else doing a list and so on until he realizes he inspired enough people to cancel out the bad things he's done.

For a furry elementary school slice of life shit sure got weird

Remember when Buster became Hitler?

Aw man, I hated this episode.

I never had a problem with D.W. as a character (she was a little shit when she broke the plane and the punch felt deserved, but other times she was pretty fun) and so that just seemed really painful and kind of over the top. Felt weird that those two little shits just got off with a half-assed apology after she got stitched up.

Also I swear there was a line about how her face was bleeding or they broke her face or something. Harsh.

Have any of you seen the finale of the newest season? There's actual plot progression - the year ends and Arthur and his class are going to 4th grade - they're getting aged up.

I uploaded seasons 1-14 to DM. Get them before they're shoah'd.

that's not uncommon in cartoons
the gumball one immediately springs to mind
and i'm sure ttg has touched on it more than once

BTFO

I'm actually pretty excited about that; I haven't actually watched the show in any logical order, just whatever came on the air as I grew up, but for something like 9+ years. That could be a good way to tie-up my memories of this thing, maybe I'll marathon all of it over the summer.

>niece watches PBS kids sometimes
>they still air Arthurs old episodes
>but also play new episodes (because the show is still going apparently)
>mfw that dreck-ass flash animation trying to look like the older seasons art style but it just looks cheap

The one with no survivors.

I remember she needed stitches at the hospital.
So, yeah...

> My teachers probably did this

Why didn't they just say it stands for Dora Winnifred?

why live

DM?

Ratburn is the mainest man

>

I can tell you as I watched up to season 18 recently, it's pretty good, early seasons like said are god tier, they switch so flash on S16 and it's OK at best.

I think they bashed D.W. so hard she needed stitches in her mouth/lips.

>Punk Rock Fern
HNNNNNGGGGGGG

Flash seasons start at 16. At first, they look like a cheap Flash web browser game, but the seasons after look a lot better. If you can endure the animation, the writing is just as good as previous seasons.

Yeah it's pretty weird how they managed to stay consistently good in terms of writing.

This, fucking didacticism.

"You enjoying the art there?"

Used to be great in the earlier seasons. Kinda just okay nowadays

It's Americana slice of life, and pretty good at that.

It's the kind of show you watch with a little brother or sister. Or kids.

>That episode where Mr Ratburn had to live with Arthur and he fucked him with his dad to get better grades in school.

Savage AF.

For sure

>That episode that ended with Brain rushing in and telling everyone he'd discovered "something huge" and then they dropped the whole thing for the next episode
Did anyone on the staff ever confirm what this was leading up to?

Arthur is one of the best cartoons on tv

I actually kinda wanted to watch that robot show.

Wasn't it just Power Rangers?

It seemed to have some backstory to it, something was going on with that space station.

Also I really want to see an Arthur spinoff anime just so they can remake that "DW reads to the Tibbles" episode.

Indeed.

Oh... please that doesn't make him tough, he's just eating a bowl of nails WITH milk

I love that special, especially with the Backstreet Boys singing the theme song at the credits