Mad Men

Daily reminder that Mad Men is truly one of the GOAT series of all time.

I just finished S6:E3 (To Have and to Hold). Underrated episode. Very dark. How can the show maintain such a stark look and be so beautiful at the same time, even though most of the series is filmed in offices, bedrooms, restaurants and bars? It's almost entirely filmed inside.

Is season 6 the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IiHi1pWhTS8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bQwgQRQJjfQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

6 is excellent, yes. Very dark and in its way insular. 7b is pure telekino. The 1-2 punch of Signal 30 and Faraway Places in 5 is amazing too.

Just finished the box set with commentary and extras and stuff, just brilliant. You really learn a lot.

Anything similar to Mad Men in novel form?

>"Just keep talking to her because she's a partner! At least my accomplishments happened in broad daylight.”

>"What do you mean?"

>"You know damn well what I mean!"

zing

I actually liked Harry even though I got the feeling I wasn't supposed to

Ken was best boy overall though

How did get away with the smelly hippy look in an office?

Complete with smoking weed with Don at the office in the secret room lol

Ken got fucked over that episode too.

who /roger/ here

This and Sopranos are the funniest shows ever made.
youtube.com/watch?v=IiHi1pWhTS8

Yeah me too. I hear Harry Crane get called a sleazeball by many, but he isn't nearly as bad as anyone else. He's just a dork and goes off half cocked on petty things occasionally. He was right that he didn't get the respect he deserved at the firm for bringing in all reality a ton of money for SCDP. When he called out Joan during the meeting for sleeping her way into partner, he was kinda right. The episode did a good job of its theme: who's invited to the meetings inside the rooms, and who is not. When you're from the outside looking in, trust can be a fucked up thing.

Also, Stan flipping the bird was gold.

Expecting Salvator to show up in the last season. Hoped he would become a flaming homo in San Francisco

He owns a store less than 3 blocks away, I see him all the time. I asked him when they were going to bring back Sal once.

bump

Roger has all of the best lines.

>"Just keep talking to her because she's a partner! At least my accomplishments happened in broad daylight.”
You know I was thinking about that line just yesterday and it's suck a fantastic goddamned piece of writing. To characterize Joan's prostitution for the company in such a manner was really brilliant. The writing on this show is fucking top-notch, not only for television but for any medium.

>they say he might lose the foot
>right when he got it in the door

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bQwgQRQJjfQ

I am fucking dying. My sides.

How's the guy?

Curious what would happen to Roger. Can't imagine he could live to the 1980's. Probably keeled over from a massive coronary while giving some racist rant.

Nice guy, seems happy. His employees love him. He owns a nice furniture store on Magazine. Always dressed to the 10's.

Myself I'd say

5>6>7B>7A>2>3>4>1

But beyond thinking 5 is the best, I'm not too connected to that ranking

Him having to take the stairs all the way up because the elevator was broken and then puking up a lunch of raw oysters and liquor is Roger in a nutshell.

I just started season 4, fuckin love it. I thought I'd be put off by Don because REEEE CHAD but I got sucked in with the other likeable/funny characters.
>Harry shouting "My mother made that!"
But don't forget it's still Jewish propaganda to make you lust after an office slave job.

Draper is not a Chad. He's an intimidating, damaged man.

Best affair Don may have had?

The partners dismissed him through most of the series, but he was in the right. He took charge of what would one day become the primary form of advertisement and ran it at a top firm almost by himself. Joan literally whored herself out to get where she is. Not only that, but her 'sacrifice' was rendered moot a few episodes later when they landed a better car.

Definitely the Jewess, Rachel.

I liked Roger's character, but it got stale after a while. His realization that he's no longer in the prime of his life was an interesting character arc that seemed to drag on for seasons. Also, his friendship with Don never really recovered after he married his secretary.

Linda Cardellini

Roger was an oldfag. Never stale.

>It's a Draper actually fits in some work between naps episode.

His job was more or less just to evaluate the work of others and charm the clients while proposing the campaign.

Crane passed over Joan to help him with the TV dept. Why is Joan such a bitch to the other women btw?