/who/ - Doctor Who General

Chris Chibnall edition

Can he make Doctor Who exciting and popular again? Is it even possible to redeem the show among general audience at this point?

- last time

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Patrick_Ness/status/871262211192360960
doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-10-2017-uk-ratings-accumulator-84045.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>P.Ness is leaving Class

it's dead isn't it

so what happened with Roberts and Moffat

Class isn't getting a second season at all, user.

>Is it even possible to redeem the show among general audience at this point?

Yes. Here's how:

Chibnall said in an interview a few months ago that people "watch shows for actors". He is going to cast an actor that everyone loves and knows.

Kris Marshall.

Fuck offerino last thread didn't even hit bump limit

>Cloister "unable to afford divorce lawyers", Belle confirmed to win full custody of his tripcode
>Edge Lord reportedly "relapsing into womanhood" after spending too much on Funkopop figures, no longer able to afford hormone treatment
>Immigrant spotted entering a gay bathhouse for "protest purposes" over three days ago, has not been seen since
>Cats "still breathing", shows no signs of dying soon

It's over /who/, we're finished

Everyone knows him as that guy in Love Actually who went to America to get some sex though.

It's not like we where too far from it

twitter.com/Patrick_Ness/status/871262211192360960
>weeping angel civil war & PLANET

thank christ it's ending

How would the Weeping Angels have a civil war? They'd have to fight while looking away from each other to avoid quantum lock.

Literal fan fiction

RISSSSEEEE MY ICE WARRIORSSSSSS HISSSS REEE BLLEEURRGHH GRRRRR SNARL BURP BRAAPP GRAAA MOOO

Next week looks like complete shlock. I can't wait.

IT'S ME NARDY

>shirtless wood chopping
But neither of them were really attractive, so how is that an incentive to watch?

Reminder:

What was the monks' goal?
Why did he fake a regeneration if Bill doesn't know about regeneration?
Does the Doctor now have the ability to emit regeneration energy?
If he's going to go around wasting regeneration energy why didn't he just fix his eyes?
How did the monks fix the Doctor's eyes?
Why did they not just kill the Doctor?
Why did the Doctor's plan required six months of preparation?
How did Bill link minds with the monk?
Why did the monk controlling the thought machine not make an effort to physically restrain anyone?
Why didn't they just shoot that monk like they did the others?
Why did they move the pyramid?
Why were they even using a pyramid?
Why was no one guarding the outside of the pyramid?
Why did they keep their ship on Earth and not in space?
Why was Missy the other "last Time Lord" if Time Lords are back?
How did the simulation ultimately tie into the Monk's plans?
Why could they accurately predict everything up to the virus outbreak but nothing after?
Why was the Veritas even in the simulation?
Why was everyone's reaction to finding out the truth to kill themselves?
Why did they need consent to power the fake news machine?
The memory changing signal didn't work on time lords. Was it focused on humans? What about all the zygon immigrants?
The guy whose cassette player got destroyed by a bullet - why was he getting shot at by a human?
How strong was that plastic cassette player that it could stop a bullet?
Why did the Monks make everyone wear blue overalls?
When they say the human race had become slaves, what were they enslaved to do?
If the Monks erased themselves from everyone's minds, what happens to the family members of the people sent to labour camps?
What about all of the video footage that was taken in that time?
What about the massive square of land in the middle of london that was wiped out for the pyramid?
What happened to the people that were killed?
What happened to people whose whole lives were changed in the past 6 months?

but I'm still here user

tragic I know

They literally just ripped off Orwell. They didn't do anything creative with the dystopia itself.

doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-10-2017-uk-ratings-accumulator-84045.htm

>3.01 million
3.01 million
>3.01 million
3.01 million
>3.01 million
3.01 million
>3.01 million
3.01 million

Almost Class-tier ratings there.

>Nardole had an ex called Velma, who worked as an actress. She left him for an AI at a call centre. (TV: Oxygen) He also once had an imaginary friend, until he left him for someone else. (TV: The Lie of the Land)

Was School Reunion just beginner's luck, or were we too distracted by Lis Sladen and Giles from Buffy to focus on Whithouse's writing?

are you implying that episode was good?

What the fuck is your problem that you make the thread early every single time?

>beginner's luck
Literally every Whithouse episode has been good apart from yesterdays

NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD
E
W

T
H
R
E
A
D

300 it's not early

Hold up a second here... If the monks can cure blindness, pluck aircraft out of the air and submarines out of the sea, build simulations that can predict the future etc then if they'd come to Earth and actually stopped wars, prevented disasters and cured illnesses then they would have been worshipped anyway and there wouldn't have been a need to build a consent powered fake news machine in the first place.

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

The funny thing is that Big Finish make spinoffs of all sort of random crap but even they'll draw the line at Class.

Yeah, these episodes would only work if the Monks were creatively sterile and could only conceive of conquering humanity through machinations. Almost as if they were Cybermen.

The Britains Got Talent final was on at the same time. I expected less desu

As was some other big live event wasn't there?
Something sports related maybe? I'm sure I remember there being something else

"Ok guys, so we can...

>cure ailments (heal the sick)
>disarm military technology (stop wars)
>predict the future (prevent disasters)
>shoot lasers out our hands (defend the planet)

Shall we go down to this planet and use these powers to become gods?"

"How about instead we become gods using a brainwashing fake news machine powered by consent?"

"Great idea!"

why didn't the monks remove The Doctor's sight as revenge for fucking them over?

YOU WILL BE ERASED FROM DOCTOR WHO

ERASED

ERASED

E-RAAAAAAAASED

anything before 310 is early.

Why did the monks need consent if they were just going to brainwash everyone?

If they desperately needed a human link, why did it have to be someone in a position of authority?

Why did they make no attempt to keep track of the link once they implemented their dystopia?

If the link is carried through the link's descendants then why did they allow a lesbian to become the link?

>tfw moff will never erase you from doctor who
hold me lads

Why did they even specifically need Bill? Couldn't they have held some rando hostage and told their lover or friend to consent to give up the world?

Gallifreybase users seem to like everything.

So general consensus is that Extremis/Pyramid at the End of the World were pretty good but Lie of the Land was a meager ending to the 3 parter?

Yep. Series 3 finale all over again.

WHY DOES EVERY ALTERNATIVE OPPRESIVE HISTORY HAVE EVERYONE IN BOILER SUITS, WHERE DID THEY GET THE BOILER SUITS FROM IN SUCH SHORT NOTICE. EVERYONE MUST HAVE A FEW PAIRS OF SUITS, HOW DID THEY MANUFACTURE 300 MILLION BOILER SUITS IN ONLY A FEW MONTHS

>Pyramid at the End of the World
>pretty good

The general consensus is that the three parter made very little sense.

My personal opinion is that all three episodes were weirdly paced and monks are just crap underdeveloped villains and there are so many questions and plotholes that its impossible to take it seriously at all

Didn't they say they needed someone in power to consent. Which is why they had the UN guy then the leaders of the armies.
Bill as the companion was speaking on behalf of the Doctor, which is how she had power

Post your Capaldis lads

Why did someone of power need to consent when they are just going to brainwash everyone?

Series 3 finale was actually good. It didn't dazzle anyone and this whole glowy Jesus stuff was ill-conceived. But it had a good plot progression.

Also, the person in authority had no idea what they are consenting to so it's not like they're making a difficult choice on behalf of mankind

AHAHA I DID IT

Well done, mate. Well done.

Ah, well you see that's clearly because this entire 3 parter made no fucking sense

I might post all of these questions in the Doctor Who Facebook page.

The comments are already fucking savage.

Where can I get Book of the War for cheap?

What a awful season this has been.

What are the odds that when Bill goes to the past and meets her mom, she turns out to be an awful person who makes her foster mother look like a saint by comparison?

It was consistently 7/10 pretty watchable up until we got to this waste of a 3parter

Or, Missy "turns good" and ends up betraying the Doctor, goes back in time and kills Bill's mum when Bill was a baby

Hiding who was in the vault was a mistake. They should've used extra time on Missy "turning good".

This.
It felt like an argument against having longer stories, while I was hoping that it would focus on the strenghths that such an extra space to developp the story would offer.
If Gatiss's episode is fun and the rest is solid, it'll be a good season, that really suffered from the fact that its shittiest story takes up a fourth of it.

At least it was 4/10 abd and not 2/10 awful.

and no one cares because no one knows who the fuck you are and you're a samefagging twat

Extremis > Oxygen > Pilot > Knock Knock > Thin Ice > Pyramid > Smile > Lie of the Land

>being so new you don't recognise the namefag known as CoverAnon

I don't know about Pyramid and Smile, they're about equal for me. But otherwise word

Oxygen= Smile > Pilot> Thin Ice > Knock Knock > Monk bullshit

Oxygen > Extremis > Smile > The Pilot> Thin Ice > Pyramid at the End of the World > Knock Knock > Lie of the Land

stop samefagging pussy. I Know who you are, but you don't get a name for one little thing you did years ago when you were underaged. Contribute if you want to keep it, do something other than drop your name when you say shitty or need to respond to yourself.

I remember when everyone was saying the monk trilogy was going to be the best doctor who story of the modern era.

It was worse than Class.

I have real pics of Cats. Should I post em?

>inb4 moffat tier predictable pictures of felines

guys.... call it a hunch.....

i think bill might be gay or something...........

That wasn't him mate. I hate namefags too but I hate newfriends more.

do it Cloister I fucking dare you.

try again faggot. he produced A cover for AN audio and came out to /who/ being underage on his 18th birthday after shitting up threads for a couple of years

bear in mind that those same people are saying Simm will be kino in the finale

just you wait

And everyone said Gatiss' episode would be shit.

It's probably going to be the best of the series.

>most episodes I've been hype for have ranged from meh to shit
>every episode I haven't been hype for has been great
Unfortunately I've been pretty hype for Gatiss' ep since before the series started so don't get your hopes up guys

RISE

I don't remember anyone saying that unless they were clearly being hyperbolic.

Surely that would only work if he hadn't capitalized Cats. Or is the fact that it doesn't make sense exactly what makes it Moffat tier?

When will best /who/ boy come back?

>Clara liking big cock
Factually incorrect. She's a school teacher and all female school teachers are pedophiles, i.e. they like small dicks.

>Moffat's never gone out of his way to lie

It seems like everyone on this general knows who 'Cats' is except me

That's because you're a filthy boardie

jesus christ, Moffat
It can't be worse... right?

2 scary m80

this guy

Oh so a random tripfag? Why do we care about him?

we don't

Fuck I can't put a name on that face but I'm 100% sure I saw her before