Alright Sup Forums, now that superman is coming to the CW, who would you choose to play him?

Alright Sup Forums, now that superman is coming to the CW, who would you choose to play him?

pic related: my choice

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/smallville-why-we-didn-t-192811
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>implying dc embargoes wont keep him out entirely or relegate him to blur cameos

>CW
>who would you choose to play him

lol it's gonna be a no name underwear actor / soap opera background star. What's the point of speculating on CW casting?

there is no implication about it, they're casting him as we speak.

Give me one good reason he can't do it again. Just one.

he's too much of a pretty boy. clark is more of a handsome manly man.

Use Routh, it'll be funny when she meets Atom later and he looks like her cousin

Well he's the atom for one

Whitey McChin is the ONLY guy could play Superman

OMG! Perfect inspired casting OP

that nose

Is it so bad to bring back Welling? Or is he too old now.

Are you kidding?

Someone who isn't a brit and doesn't have a crooked tooth.

If Supergirl earth is Earth 4, Routh could be Superman there, it would be fun in the crossover if Kara mentions how they look so similar.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Tom Welling looks like Superman?

No offense .

That'd be great. As much as I didn't care for that movie, I thought he made a decent Clark. And really, there's no way Supes will be in Supergirl for more than an episode beyond the occasional cameo for special episodes. There's no reason they can't just get Routh to swing be and occasionally reprise the role.

He needs the cash

They said two episodes, but yeah. He won't be a full-time character.

Maybe him and brendan frasier can co star in a hit tv show about divorce lawyers

he literally can't give a bad performance

THIS

Who's that, Bryan Singer?

As mr mxyzptlk when

P O T T E R Y

>We never saw him in the costume

Seriously, why wouldn't they.

because he refused to wear it

>20% of his net income

what is that going to be like a dollar

Then where can you find evidence to support this?

It sounds more like an executive's thing to do by saying "no tights" instead of an actor being pretentious.

Nope. The writers just didn't want to apparently.

Source: hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/smallville-why-we-didn-t-192811

Not sure if there's a source but the executives who said that were gone after the third season. Other characters like Ollie had costumes by the end of the series and it was basically a Superman show the last 3-4 seasons anyway. No real reason to not have him in the suit.

But that's Captain Shazam

Green Lantern/John Stewart

Do it, DC, i dare you.

No balls.

Too old

Vince Vaughn

I want superman to be a total dick

...You think DC is able to?

there's probably a non-compete in his contract

that would be gold though

Is there a way we can find out?

Maan, can I just say that while I respect Gary Frank, and understand why so many people like his art, I can't really enjoy it myself because of the incredible samefaces he has? I know it's not centrally related, but OP did post frank

Have you not watched MoS?

This should mean they're easing up on the movie/tv character embargo, no? So I can get Slade back to off Felicity and maybe I'd watch Arrow again? It's been two seasons, I miss it.

Someone who isn't a mediocre British actor.

Ok, we'll get an expensive British actor who's potential has been washed down by a terrible director.

How about someone who isn't British.

WHAT

Nah, I was never a fan of that casting either.

I know it may sound crazy. Hear me out. Maybe, just maybe We get an American to put on the red and blue tights and play Superman.

He's a bit too high profile for CW

That's funny because I don't even know who the fuck that is. He is relevant how?

Does Supergirl's Superman has an age? Tom Welling no doubt don't even carw about it

AN AMERICAN REPRESENTING TRUTH, JUSTICE, AND THE AMERICAN WAY!?

THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!?!

probably not, the only entertainment contracts that I've seen get reported in that kind of detail are sports contracts

Not exactly but he's been active over 10 years in universe since he was Superman when she got there at like 12 and she's in her 20s now

>Superman appears in the CW superhero universe

Please, no. It's not fair on Brandon Routh.

>Tom Welling in the Kingdom Come outfit

He's more of an inconsiderate douche in BvS.

Who cares. Both movies are shit.

Tobey Maguire as Superman may be weird casting....but damn would it make them ratings soar.

>small potatoes TV star, should cost less than Bomer while still having a sizable fandom behind him
>sufficiently hammy enough for a CW show
>GOAT pun-fu on Twitter, should provides some lols during livestreams
>seriously good-natured dude IRL, easily bleeds into Clark's personality
>WARD

With Conan as Jimmy Olsen.

Brandon Routh

Henry Cavill

Perfect.

He voiced Superman in a shitty DTV.

>Superman
>American
#BUILDWALL
#FUCKMEXICANS
#TRUMP2016

Tom Welling or bust.

>Being this much of a retard.

why would his race matter? As long as he's white and he resembles Superman is all that matters. Who the fuck are you John Byrne?

You clearly don't give a shit about the character.

I want a charismatic superman that doesn't destroy cities and kill people. I gave Bale a chance when he played Batman, and he was shit. I gave Cavill 2 chances and he's shit. Sure Snyder is a shit director, but Cavill adds nothing to the character. Brit bastard ruining one of my favorite characters. Also someone tell him to fix his bottom teeth. Seriously who cast this guy? The guy is going bald and looks like a sex offender when he smiles. Fucking Superman.

>The guy is going bald and looks like a sex offender when he smiles

Why do people on the internet insist on getting overly silly to the point where it's not humorous

Wild card pick.

>Tim Daly is in his 60's

Fucking what

Too old now but his son also played Superman in some DTVs and might work

He doesn't need to be white. Dean Cain was the best live action Clark we've gotten and he's not white.

How could get Clark Kent so right but Superman so wrong?

Everything that went on in the Daily Planet was great, and all the detective work in between. his interactive with Louis and co, awesome but as soon as Clark became superman it sucked.

*How could they get
*interactions

What was wrong with Superman?

I need this so much

Are you saying he doesn't look like a sex offender? He could easily double for Jim Carey when her over acts.

I don't what it is, but I always get the impression his breath probably smells like shit. Something about his mouth grosses me out.

Cavill's hairline is actually super-distracting for some people, though.

It wouldn't be so bad if the way he wears his hair as Clark was the way he always wore his hair, Snyder having him slick it back while in the suit is the problem.

He's gay irl so they might actually do it since it works both on a casting and political level.

Felicity joins the Daily Planet and inspire a green Clark Kent into becoming Superman?

>supergirl moving to the cw
>superman embargo lifted WE'RE GETTING CWVERSE SUPERMAN HOLY SHIT

Why is life being so good to me right now? Usually when good things happen, it's softening the blow for something really bad.

This means we're gonna get more Arrow/Flash/LoT/Supergirl crossovers. Fuck yes.

I'm even excited for Flashpoint.

I'm saying he looks far from a sex offender and you're trying too hard

Cavill is perfect facial wise, too bad he is short and stocky

Boomer has the same problem good face bad body too old to

Nothing. Dean and Teri were first rate. John Shea's Lex was pretty good too. Everybody else was kind of iffy, but I will always have a soft spot for Elvis-worshiping Perry White.

how will they introduce supergrill and superman without having them outclass flash, green arrow and the diversiteam?

Are you retarded? He looks like a fucking rapist. Someone post his shit eating grin right before he snaps zod'd neck.

racially ambiguous superman just makes sense to me, someone like jesse williams but manlier would be great for clark

Fucking disgusting. Get that shit out of here. Looks like complete faggot.

Well, they can't be stronger than our Lord and Savior Felicity 'the Strongest' Smoak. So, don't worry, it's gonna be fine.

I want to be excited, but I'm afraid I may have to stop watching the CW shows if it's true Marvel is doing a Blade, Ghost Rider, and Moon Knight shows. There will be too much shit to watch, I'll have to cut out something. Not going to find a way to watch 12 different superhero shows along with the other shows I want to watch.