Do you like the films of Wes Anderson?

Do you like the films of Wes Anderson?

I do, yes. I once dressed up as s member of team zissou for Halloween at this hipster bar and only a couple people recognized the costume. The rest were clearly nuhipster

yeah they make me feel nice but in reality i feel as though i should think they are shit

>tfw indian and can onnly dress up as zero
>still too tall for it (6')

yes even if it hurts sharing opinions with hipsters

I've never seen any of them, can I get a quick rundown?

Just the good ones. So, two.

They're quirky in the way you want your manic pixie dream girl to be

chokes me up every time

Is that the ugly guy that reviews movies with tim heidecker?

The Grand Budapest Hotel is easily a 9/10 in my books, wonderful film.

FUCK

just look up the definition of pretentious

This opinion basically indicates you're stupid.

For some reason a lot of hipsters hate Life Aquatic. Yet they love Bill Murray and Wes Anderson.

I watch four of his movies, so I'm going to rate them

>Excellent
Fantastic Mr. Fox
>Good
The Grand Budapest Hotel
>Meh
Moonrise Kingdom
>Some good parts and some bad parts
The Life Aquatic

watch the royal tenenbaums

heartwarming family aspects like Fox, stylised narrative structure like Hotel (plus, has a hotel in it) - i.e. based on a "book" that doesn't exist, with chapters, is narrated by alec baldwin

Why is he a meme here?

I don't get it. Is his style just something that is easy to pick on? I mean, at least it's somewhat different and his voice comes through clearly in his work.

I've only seen Moonrise and Hotel, but I was charmed and smiling throughout them. Plan to watch more of his stuff too.

He is young and he can only go further.
I can't wait to see how he evolves in say 20 years.

I like his stylistic cinematography but sometimes his plot and characters don't feel entirely genuine or exceptional.

Funny, I just planned on watching that one tonight. It's the only movie from Wes Anderson left that I want to check out. Hopefully it'll be good.

Only movie I hated was bottle rocket. Loved everything else I've seen of him. Trying to savour it so not bringing it all together

bottle rocket is funny and a good film but it's not a good wes anderson film

I got so bored I don't even think I finished it sadly .

something about them bores the hell out of me

I agree, I get bored whenever watching one of his movies. Think the only one I was mildly amused by was Darjeeling.

>meh
>Moonrise Kino-gdom

He's been remaking the same movie for 20 years.

I love him but The Grand Budapest Hotel is massively overrated. It's still good but lacks a lot of his great qualities. It also seems to be babby's first Wes Anderson.

They are pretty middlebrow but enjoyable enough.

I enjoy them in single doses. Like, I could watch Moonrise Kingdom and really enjoy it, but that would fill my Wes Anderson quota for a while.

The Life Aquatic is pure kino.

Fuck yes, best horror b-movie maker there is!

I'm going to kill myself tommorow

proceeds to kill himself today. What did he mean by this?

style over substance flicks for tumblrinas featuring an unnerving number of jewish actors

he had been depressed ever since his sister got married. I took it to imply he had been saying that to himself every day but the recent events finally pushed him to it

1. Bottle Rocket (10/10)
2. The Life Aquatic (10/10)
3. The Darjeeling Limited (9/10)
4. The Royal Tenenbaums (8/10)
5. Rushmore (7/10)
6. Fantastic Mr. Fox (7/10)
7. The Grand Budapest Hotel (7/10)
8. Moonrise Kingdom (6/10)

Just my personal opinion.

>The Life Aquatic (10/10)
Elaborate.

Bill Murray smoking pot.

The ending

Outside of production design, camera movements, and placement of characters/extras in scenes he does not off anything more than just aesthetics

i see the reddit infestation has finally won

Wrong.

1. The Royal Tenenbaums (10/10)
2. The Darjeeling Limited (9/10)
3. The Life Aquatic (8/10)
4. Rushmore (7/10)
5. Fantastic Mr. Fox (7/10)
6. The Grand Budapest Hotel (6/10)
7. Bottle Rocket (6/10)
8. Moonrise Kingdom (5/10)

My opinion which is also the correct one

These days he doesn't. Up until Mr Fox he made pretty personal and touching films

I will say that, Wes has more spark and character and imagination in one fingernail than user has in his entire body.

You're very close, but it's too bad you can't appreciate Bottle Rocket.

It's not a bad film, but I saw it last, so didn't really have an impact at that point. Too similair to his later films and not as good.

never saw bottle rocket. Cant find it anywhere

The Darjeeling Limited is one of my favorites

dude there's a bottle rocket bluray rip on tpb, atleast there was one cuz i downloaded it but i'm pretty sure its still up

I watched Darjeeling recently and it was really great, don't know why it doesn't get as much attention as his other movies

Fantastic Mr. Fox is one of his worst most condescending films. Its like a bunch of hipsters got together to have a dinner party and said what if we made a kids movie but marketed towards adults lmao