ITT: Ideal MCU Avengers line up

ITT: Ideal MCU Avengers line up

the core five

Is that image stretched OP?
What the fuck happened to them?
It's like they all got stretched horizontally.

Spider-Man and Wolverine are not a part of the core five

Ahh... much better.

>Spider-Man
>Wolverine

this is a marketing team dream come true

Naw man, I'm getting bored with those five. Gimmie something new.

>No Hulk
user, your lineup is shit.

>no women

user why you so sexist?

Hey look it's a casual

You can have something new. They just can't be Avengers. By having "all new" versions of classic characters and teams, publishers are basically saying they don't think the books can stand on their own merit, and need to borrow the popularity of something else. If the big 2 wanted to actually make a new female/black/gay/openly trans/whatever character popular, they would make the effort to come up with something interesting, give them a good supporting cast, let them beat up on some C-list villains that don't belong to other heroes (this is what the Wrecking Crew exists to do), and assign a writer and artist that are actually good. If the book is well done, people will like it regardless of what the skin tone and genital status of the main character is.

Mutants shouldn't be allowed on the Avengers.

I like the Bendis New Avengers too, and even I admit Spidey and Wolverine shouldn't be main Avengers. But for the sake of the thread, in the order I think of them:

>Hawkeye
>Hercules
>Captain America
>Scarlet Witch
>She-Hulk

Quick, list random ass teams you'd like to see with no rhyme or reason

Captain America
Monica Rambeau
Moon Knight
Sunfire
Hank Pym (Shrinking or Growing)
Storm
Shang Chi

>Quicksilver
>Scarlet Witch
>Namor
>Firestar
>Justice

Now, if you meant no X-MEN, that'd be a different question.

Cap
She-Black Panther
She Hulk
Scarlet Witch
Cage
Iron Fist
Elsa Bloodstone
Kaine (with Hummingbird hanging out with Jarvis)
Stark

>Not a mutant
>not a mutant
>will probably get retconned as not being a mutant
>mutie
>mutie

i thought the wrecking crew belonged to thor

>Carol who?

And Sandman started with Spider Man, doesn't mean he had to stay there.

>Hank Pym
>Janet van Dyne
>An old Black Widow
>Exo-1 Falcon
>One of the failed super soldiers they surely must've attempted between Cap and Hulk
>Peggy Carter as Nick Fury

Call them The Classic Avengers and put them in the 1970s or 80s or whatever

>sniktbub
>spoderman
>core five

>(you)

>Fast-Man
>Strong-Girl
>Fly-Boy
>Sea-king
>Blaster-Master
>Smart-Person

If it was the 70s or 80s then Black Widow would be their enemy.

I hate Spiderman and Wolverine as Avengers. This triggers the fuck out of me.

no because she's a deep cover double agent
who is actually a triple agent for hydra
who turns out to be a quadruple agent for asgard

>wolverine
>spidey
>no she-hulk
>no scarlet witch
OP confirmed for having shit taste.

Black Widow is Revolver Ocelot?

true

The Quartet was always my favorite incarnation of the Avengers, something about Cap giving these hooligans a shot at redemption, showing them the way, earning their respect and the dynamics between the members was really neat.
It's a real shame there wasn't a single scene of them together WHEDON.

In terms of the MCU, I kinda wondered what the Avengers would look like if they were more of a governmental agency rather than an independent one. To that end I came up with:

>Captain America
>Hawkeye
>Black Widow
>Falcon
>War Machine

I kinda see it as War Machine providing artillery/anti-armor support, Falcon for air support and reconnaissance, and then you got BW, Hawkeye and Cap doing the actual brawling and infiltration. Thor, Hulk, etc would still be around and could help if available, but for the most part they would have their hands full with their own enemies and circumstances. Tony would be more of an investor/contributor who would spend most of his time trying to put his technical expertise to good use by overseeing construction projects meant to better mankind. That said, he'd still keep an armor or two lying around for self-defense purposes.

Granted, this is something I came up with before Civil War, so obviously it wouldn't work so well now, what with one-half at odds with the other.

This is the most dynamic

Nova (Dick Rider)
Beta Ray Bill
War Machine
Moon Knight
Colossus

Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hawkeye, and Spiderman.

One for each power tier.

>Cap and wolverine barrel straight down the middle
>hulk jumps and starts plowing through chaff
>Thor throws his hammer at some bigger chaff
>spidey sweeps a bunch of dudes while swinging from webbed Mjonir
>Jessics glides in and strafes the other side with venom blast
>IM shoots at some air threats while providing aerial recon

Bullshit team:
Thor(Simonson)
Punishing Iron-man (there must be an universe where he exist)
Professor X(the idea of an old man fighting in a weelchair makes me laught)
Miss Marvel(if the original Captain marvel was a chick)

If we are talking about real team I would probably just choose the defenders(Dr Strange, Namor, Silver Surfer and maybe the Hulk)

>Punishing Iron-man
Frank Castle ended up one of an army of skull branded Iron Men in the universe where Red Skull became President (as Steve Rogers)

Gee user how do they let you have TWO spider-characters?
>in the universe where Red Skull became President
oh shit

You think the russos will give us this? Like at some point the avengers get all split up and it's just he core 5 for a fight scene. Im crossing my fucking fingers they do this, Id be stoked. Im not saying whole movie or anything, like 1 fight scene, no other avengers, just them.

Id be happy with swapping cap for hulk too for original 5.

I like the MCU's idea of the Avengers as a tactical response team, going into places, dealing with situations like a very heavy SWAT squad, and only calling in the "big guns" (Hulk, Thor, Tony and Warmachine) when shut absolutely hits the fan. Reminds me of Rainbow Six, the book not the video games. which is really where Civil war should have gone, an independent agency that respects national borders, but I digress. To that end the team really should be the whole crew:

Hawkeye as a Sniper
Falcon as Aerial recon
Ant-man as infiltration and recon
Cap, BW, SW and Vision as door busters, with the rest as back up.

r8 n h8

>having women on the team

The Avengers World lineup was pretty good.
There's a few characters that can only work as Avengers, like Scartlet Witch, Vision, WonderMan, Hank Pym in any incarnation, Wasp, and Hawkeye.
The big three are always an easy call in these lists, even any replacement copy types, but what about Captain Marvel? Spiderwoman? Beast? They don't always fit in easy with their team histories and it's not as if they don't have other teams to be a part of, but they are somewhat core Avengers. I would add in all three.
I've always seen War Machine and U.S.Agent as soldiers of the government, they don't belong in a private NGO.
Then there's odd past picks like the Black Widow, who isn't much of a covert ops agent on a celebrity superhero team. And what about Spiderman or Luke Cage or Iron Fist? They're street-level heros. Let them be that.
I don't even know why Doc Strange would give up guarding the entire reality from magical threats for even a minute just to deal with the likes of Kang, let alone devote his precious time to every team outing. Same with most of the cosmic level Superbeings...
But I know I'm not Avengers fanboy enough to know what I'm talking about so take this all with a grain of salt.

>acknowleding any retcons after 2012
Current Marvel is just a shitshow.

D-Man
Swordsman
Two-Gun Kid
Firestar
Monet St. Croix

I was just screwing around, but now I want this. I could call it "The Forgotten".

Iron Fist
Doom
Jubilee
X-23
Strange
Cage

Hulk
Thor
Iron Man
Ant Man
Wasp

Ideally it would include the F4 shortly before they got lost in a trans-dimminsional adventure which would allow them to return to the present unaged.

you're allowed wolverine or spider-man, not both

I used to feel that way, I guess it's because for more than twenty years the Avengers were backseat to the characters people actually cared about, so as a fan it felt sort of like a betrayal for a while.

>Shield is oval now

No, you autistic newfag, image in OP is at the correct aspect ratio.

>Steve
>Thor
>Vision
>Panther
>Wanda

Moon Knight
Punisher
Iron Fist
Gambit
X-23
Scarlet Witch