/sug/ - Steven Universe General

Its a pearl Edition

Previous edition >Summer of Steven coming “soon,” originally announced as June to August
ew.com/article/2016/03/30/steven-universe-uncle-grandpa-renewed-season-5-cartoon-network
youtu.be/NHqjV2xVKoA
youtu.be/KNrztTcRh9o

>Zap2it says no new episodes between now and June 16
tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?stnNum=12131

>misseps leak thread
kat.cr/community/show/cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/

>International airing schedule
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10rES5UnAbQ0LOmBDYZ7nsDeFDySn90FvFjrxRpNBkX0

>New episode megas
S03E05 Hit the Diamond: mega.nz/#F!FgQDwbYI!2Pl0trcDopJvRUTdcRH2Rg
S03E06 Steven Floats: mega.nz/#F!ghAAhYLY!gD739WI7J7800se3GDz9IQ

>Episode downloads for Seasons 1 to 3, plus comics and shorts
720p: mega.nz/#F!Y5E0BKjK!UsE19rOYDa5Ttl5QRFwgtw
1080p: mega.nz/#F!a9ojCZCT!SLfX7l7inSHdvd7hrf5LLA

>Soundtrack downloads
Show: mega.nz/#F!B08nQa7J!6fgyt03NAU0AdSlD0wf_Qw
Attack the Light: mega.nz/#!skFhlLLL!j4TvEr4CTLTUQpaI8IAZX3ttcEYP6xNKypW7Bbusyrw

>Listen to the soundtrack
soundcloud.com/aivisura

>/sug/ writebin
pastebin.com/f86yQm0T

>/sug/ flockdraw
skycow.us/r/su

>Archived threads
desustorage.org/co/search/subject/sug/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tY2wRBcLOzc
offishwhite.tumblr.com/tagged/my-art
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for pearl is bestgem forever

youtube.com/watch?v=tY2wRBcLOzc Daily reminder this is foreshadowing a future episode

Here we go.

Lets get some superior gem in here.

nth 4 poil

I spoke into his eyes.
I thought you died alone.
A long, long time ago.

Just for (you)

Why will poly be end game?

and why are you a terrible person for not being on board with the best ship yet?

Lady of the sea, happy as can be.

I know she wouldn't be any happier with me

Congrats it foreshadows but the only problem is, TO WHAT?
If there isn't a clear cut reason why it's not a reason to consider an episode good enough to not consider as filler.

Someone had to say it

all the forehead gems should be friends

fusion when?

I need a viscous gem monster, for reasons.

Steven is the main character of this show. All other characters appear from his perspective and thus are secondary characters with varying degrees of importance. "Filler" is Steven finding out more about the people he loves and lives with. Stay fucking mad lore fags. This show is at its heart a slice of life about a chubby kid who loves everyone and just wants to help people and there is nothing you can do about it.

When are the mods going to start kicking the Sup Forumstards back into the gutter? If I wanted to look at human excrement in my spare time I'd turn on the news

no, it's just giving a formerly important character some screen time

>SoL fags are this mad when the show's first episode was 100% action and plot related and it took 4 episodes for SoL shit to kick in

Stay mad shitty slice of life fags, this show is Action and Lore to the max and your SoL episodes have a reason to be called shit and filler.

user gets it

Never Forget, Boys, girls, and various other things to be purged upon the fuhrer's return!

gem_monster_attacks_beach.png

we could make the show turn needlessly dark by having Connie kidnapped, brain washed and turned into a villain

that would kill your shitty slice of life pretty fast

Pearl is pretty cute

>action to the max
>Steven saves the world by having a conversation
Its a slice of life with lore.
It is not an action show except for rare occurrences.

How jealous to you think Ronaldo is that Sadie is in love with Lars?

That's mutant Pearl, I need something else. That's a human
Plz no, my heart...

Beware this dangerous renegade

Is that a chozo from metroid?

Edgy

No one gives a shit about your headcannon.

>Haven't you noticed that I'm a star?
>I'm coming into view as the world is turning.
>Haven't you noticed I've made it this far?
>Now, everyone can see me burning.

When you type it out plainly, those lyrics are ominous as fuck.

>tfw remembering the early SU threads that were all about characters and comfy and seeing lorefags take over after jailbreak

Stupid Sexy Dangerous Renegade

Thanks, have a Poil

We're back, baby!

There once was a green gem named peri,
Weighed as much as a child could carry,
T'was also a blue gem
elle est une très belle femme
I wish the two would just marry

>Action/fight scenes which showed a monsters insides though granted it doesn't happen again but it's still considerable to be called action/fighting
>Is focusing on the fact Steven is a pacifist at the end.

He didn't exactly make peace with the Centipeetle Monster he just tazed it so the gems could whoop it's ass.

>I can't help it if I make a scene,/Stepping out of my hot pink limousine.
Ok so this lyric points to Steven riding in on Lion, who is what color? Hot pink.
>I'm turning heads and I'm stopping traffic,/When I pose, they scream and when I joke, they laugh.
Doesn't really point to anything
>I've got a pair of eyes that they're getting lost in,/They're hypnotized by my way of walking,/I've got them dazzled like a stage magician,/When I point, they look and when I talk, they listen, well,
Points to the fact that his entrance caused a scene and whoever he is crashing is surprised by his entrance, perhaps one of the antagonists?
>Everybody needs a friend,/And I've got you and you and you/So many, I can't even name them,/Can you blame me? I'm too famous.
He says you three times. Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl. And with so many I can't even name them, it's referring to Lapis, Peridot, and the residence of Beach City since he kind of is a town celebrity
>Haven't you noticed that I'm a star?/I'm coming into view as the world is turning./Haven't you noticed I've made it this far?/Now, everyone can see me burning. (x3)
The star is the CG emblem. And whatever he does is causing something to crash for 'coming into view while the world is turning.' Steven has come very far since the start of the show and will go a lot further. As for the last bit, who knows. We'll have to wait and see...

PEARL'S SHIT

Let's play a little game /sug/

Pick a gem you like, not as in a character but a regular old gemstone/semi-precious stone, and pick one that isn't already a character.

Now type "*gemstone you chose* Steven Universe" into google and post the first result

> we will never go back to when the sho wasn't that popular and it didnt have to live up to such high expectations and people culd just enjoy the show for what it is instead of bitching when we dont get plot episodes

Can someone post that cuddly Lapidot picture?
The one where Lapis is kneeling in Peri's lap?

it's definitely likely that ronaldo isn't aware of his lusty, human faculties

Lorefags are shit and take things too far. Nothing wrong with speculations and finding the lore interesting but don't shit on what the main part of the show is which is Steven living his life.

Shit look what happened as soon the cluster arc was dealt with. Steven went home and back to his normal everyday life of weird shit mixed in with wanting a donut.

Nah

Monster Plz, cause I can't finish this picture without a Monster... I mean I could but it wouldn't be as neat.

Let's replace Pearl with a better gem!

I chose my birthstone Satan, aquamarine

>PEARL'S SHIT

WHERE?!

When you calculate back
Everyone in the show is dark, full of pain and hated each other.
I love that verymuch, you know.

Except the plot and lore was present before SoL shit FORCED it's way into the show.

Does anyone else wish the gems didn't act so human? Like, I know it's a good thing and all but gems are extremely inhuman when you think about it. Their entire body is just a rock and the rest is a facade that they can change to any shape. They live millennia without the threat of death, experiencing naturally only brain damage and body horror at worst.

They find comfort in environments we have written claustrophobic horror stories about

are you seriously implying steven is going to be set on fire?

Then again, yellow diamond's powers were depicted as her engulfed in a sun

That's a good one, but not the one I was referring to.

>A male.

Disregarding that, the designs not all that bad for a fan character.

Alright
Get your Yellow Pearl out

what is this, 2014? make way for best gem

>SoL shit FORCED it's way into the show.

what the fuck are you talking about
the show has always been mostly SoL with small bits of lore in some episodes. episodes where shit gets real only happen every once in a while.

more like he tries to tell himself to ignore them and he doesn't need them because he is a higher form of human

but really those are just excuses he tells himself because he can't get any

Not implying that. That's the one part I don't know. My best guess is maybe they're on a ship and it's crashing and burning but that's just an uneducated guess

why is everyone so ugly in this picture

what?

>lorefags actually believe this
Hi tumblr. Did you enjoy jumping on with jailbreak like everyone else?

lap it up

Chlorastrolite

aka Isle Royal Greenstone

surprised I got anything, better than I was expecting

PEARL

yes that's correct in a vague, sexist sort of way

>Dem juicy thighs
Not bad honestly

It took 13 episodes for a FULL ON SoL episode to kick in.
All the ones before it were more on action then SoL shit.

I'm tired and sick, guys.
I'm sorry.
I feel kinda bad, but I just don't have it in me at the moment.

So, I'll take a break from this for a while, if you don't mind.

I just went with my birthstone

Aquatic theme is kinda cool but I don't really get the random no clothing spots like on the knees

FELL

Hi delusional SoLfag. Did you enjoy not watching the first five episodes?

nice thumbnail, faggot.

I wonder if the townies will ever amount to anything other than side character shenanigans. Are they being developed so that Steven will suffer immensely when something horribly tragic happens to them when YD invades?

Good night sweet prince

sleep tight, lapper

This is now a happy Lappy thread

Post happy Lappy or be doomed to 1000 years of bad luck

i'm sorry what was sexist about what I said?

That'd be a pretty fucking petty reason to develop them if they were only meant to be emotional baggage and would support the fact their episodes were just useless to the plot.

what, did you skip the entire first half of season 1?

Reminder that Peedle is best gem.
>Steven gives her ice cream
>it dissolves on the first lick

Whatever, here is Doug, pre-retirement from the military... would have really liked to have had that monster...

>breakfast friends wasn't slice of life
>frybo wasn't slice of life
Just because a monster is involved doesn't mean the show wasn't always Steven trying to live a normal life and magic shit fucking that up.
>pancakes is captcha
Kek

yknow i always had a joke idea for a petrified wood gem who was a 4 foot tall fat midget man with his gem up his asshole and his weapon being a normal stick

i guess someone else had a serious idea for that

>Laser light cannon
>Together Breakfast

>not slice of life

I mean sure theres some little action sequences but its moslty characters interacting LIKE THE SHOW HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT

the funny thing is, this would actually pretty accurate if not for the clothes.

this counts right?

I'll still be here. Just lurking mostly.
sentimental d-dork.

oh.

ok

>lapis with big boobs

offishwhite.tumblr.com/tagged/my-art

>Laser Light Cannon
>Near SoL because it had a conversation between the MC and his Father
It's Steven learning a little more about Rose who later turns out to be the most important Lore point yet.

It's not fair, I dont' have any pictures here

Oh, so you mean you don't like episodes where it's nothing BUT SoL.

It's not like Steven does any actual fighting. most of that shit happens in the background while Steven does his stupid kid shenanigans.