What was the sport no.1 you used to play with friends in your free time as kids?

What was the sport no.1 you used to play with friends in your free time as kids?

I am most interested about guys from US, was it baseball, basketball or american football?
I have no clue about this part of US culture. Here in my country it was soccer - after school, during weekends, whenever, always soccer. Rarely basketball or ice hockey in winter.

sorry, maybe not the right board for this but still better than Sup Forums which is all about tsuuuu

>in free time as kids
dodge ball, baseball (with softy vinyl ball and plastic bat), and soccer

Volleyball. Football. Skateboard.

My friends were nerds so we played handball kek

The others played football, soccer, or basketball. No one played baseball here desu.

Baseball(I'm older and it seems to have fallen out of favor with todays youth)If I wasn't playing it, I was watching it or thinking about it

also lots of skateboarding

I wish we played baseball more when I was younger. We usually played two hand touch football or kicked soccer balls at a couple of kids who would defend the goal

is skaeboarding more famous than baseball already?

Halo 3

Football, takraw, dodgeball

Village only sport is police and terrorists, just 2 group shooting at each other with slingshot.

Aside from obvious football, me and my liked to play a game called 'bat' at the time, which was pretty similar to cricket in rules.
Tennis, handball and volleyball were also popular amongst my friends, but I never really liked these.

American Football is pretty popular of course. Girls play International Football. Hockey in my region is the second most popular sport and Lacrosse is gaining in popularity.

With mates from the block we used to play baseball in our front yerds a lot. We also played quite a bit of basketball.
Fir Thanksgiving we'd play a football game.

Baseball and Football were the most popular

can you play these sports without anything besides ball? because for the soccer I find the most convenient that we needed just few caps or bottles to mark nets and that's it, height of the net was usually agreed to be same as height of goalkeeper
or if we had one real net we played some of these soccer games
I guess you can make the same with handball, not sure about other sports... can you play american football with no equipment besides ball?

We'd play baseball with a tennis ball btw

Just basketball when I was in grade school (in Chicago during the 90s when the Bulls and Michael Jordan were huge) except for skateboarding later on when people got into it (Tony Hawk's Pro Skater). In high school it was half football and half basketball. Maybe make those thirds and add soccer if you hung out with spics.

btw our soccer obsession resulted in that everyone could play soccer at least decent, but we had no clue about any other sport
and when we were made to play volleyball or basketball during PE everyone was hopeless, soccer was the shit we always wanted to do
also we played a lot of dodgeball at PEs but it was considered an inferior sport by all of us, like wtf you don't ever see anyone adult to play dodgeball professionally

how old were you

>can you play american football with no equipment besides ball?
Yes if you're just playing for fun

>also we played a lot of dodgeball at PEs but it was considered an inferior sport by all of us, like wtf you don't ever see anyone adult to play dodgeball professionally
They should. Shit was fun and competitive.

>can you play american football with no equipment besides ball
yeah usually we'd mark the endzone with hats or sweaters etc. on school grounds the teachers wouldn't let us play tackle football so it'd devolve into us just passing the ball

This is fun. You can hit it so far.

daaamn I can imagine it had to be cool if MJ in his prime played for your city
here it was really cultural thing I'd say, the first public basketball fields were built when I was about 14, before we had only some old ones combined with concrete soccer fields at school, but all baskets were destroyed and missing

kek, I remember we tried to play it once at school and it was the exact opposite, nobody knew anything about rules except the guy who also owned that ball, so it was total tacklefest

>daaamn I can imagine it had to be cool if MJ in his prime played for your city
Every single boy in my class was into MJ and the Bulls and quite a few of us bought air jordans

>tfw we would all draw the Bulls logo along with that S character all the kids were drawing

back then, air jordans were some kind of extraordinary sneakers? or really expensive?

My town is Mexican/Filipino descended so it was soccer and basketball everywhere.