Iron Fist Storytime Part 7

I have the day off tomorrow, so let's do a bigger storytime than usual and finish off Iron Fist!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modesty_Blaise
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That user from last night who joked about all the times Danny was accused of murder... Cap isn't.

I forget, who does Jarvis work for? Tony Stark, right? Is he in the new Iron Man series, or is Bendis being Bendis?

So what, is this four people who think Danny killed?

Even Danny is calling bullshit on the whole "Hero vs Hero" thing.

It wasn't until decades later that Danny could go through an entire fight with the Iron Fist power. At this point, it takes a lot out of him to use it, even if it isn't to punch.

I thought he was the Avengers' butler, but he was paid by Tony.

Most of the classic Marvel I've read doesn't go into detail for the Avengers, so I don't know.

Finally, my favourite time in current nights.

Cap should know about misunderstandings. I mean, he has Hawkeye in his team by now, right?

So did every Marvel team of the time have a Danger Room?

He works for the avengers, yes. I'm not sure who pays him tho. For some reason, I associate him with Pym, not Stark.

>Finally, my favourite time in current nights.
Stop, you'll make me blush

>Cap should know about misunderstandings. I mean, he has Hawkeye in his team by now, right?
If I had to deal with classic Hawkeye, I'd assume that only he has luck that bad.

I thought Tony was the one who financed the Avengers.

They called him "Tony Stark's butler" in the earliest issues.

Lucky Iron Man and Tony Stark are such good friends!

Do you think Jarvis gets extra pay for working for the Avengers, or is that part of working for Tony Stark?

You're right. I don't know why I thought it was Pym.

From some wiki:
>The newly formed team assembled a short time later at the midtown Manhattan mansion of industrialist Anthony Stark (in reality their fellow member Iron Man). Stark soon donated the mansion to the Avengers for their exclusive use, and set up a foundation to cover all the operation expenses of the nonprofit team under his mother's name, creating the Maria Stark Foundation. The team put down a charter and by laws to govern their operations. The Stark family's trusted butler Edwin Jarvis was kept on as the principal regular domestic employee at what became known as the Avengers Mansion.

Who knows... How high is an avenger salary actually?

Ouch, Iron Fist to the balls. Even if you do have Thor-tier durability that's going to have to hurt like a bitch.

>Back again!
>Boomerang!
Back before his Superior Foes days, even before Parkerbolts!

Before he had a good costume!

And sporting a costume that's significantly lamer than his modern one.

He has to clatter when he walks, and those boomerangs on his ass must make sitting uncomfortable.

This is why I hate how disgustingly slow my modem's uploading is. Somebody else takes my jokes.

Danny, that's unfair, boy.

Oh, that was fast. Are they an item yet? Or this is still friendship?

And here's Misty Knight, sporting a costume from the Carmen Sandiego line.

I'm really liking the drawing of these issues. Not so much the color.

Wait, so are these boomerang shapes just designed onto the costume like here, or did he just tape a few of them onto his costume?

Still friendship, but hints at a relationship.
>Funny, I hadn't realized before tonight how much you mean to me.

So can anyone read what's on that crate? Is that a reference to another comic, or did they just make it up?

I think he actually taped them to his costume. Even Captain Boomerang didn't do that.

It's a reference to Modesty Blaise.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modesty_Blaise

>I'll shout my name in COLORED BOLDFACE! And speak a moderately long sentence while still hanging in the air!

Classic Claremont.

Something something butt stuff joke

I thought "Classic Claremont" was strong women and then demeaning those women with various fetishes?

>I have the day off tomorrow, so let's do a bigger storytime than usual and finish off Iron Fist!

Ah nertz. I need to get to bed early tonight. Oh well, thread'll stay open.

He works for Tony Stark, but got shifted over to the Avengers not long after they started, because for years and years, the Avengers were funded by the Maria Stark Foundation, which Tony controlled. (And which Kang controlled, through Tony) (Never forget The Crossing)

Yeah, I should be getting to bed soon too, I need to be up by 5.

Don't worry, we'll get to who this guy actually is tonight, I promise.

My normal shift ends at 11 PM, which is why I do them this late. Otherwise I'd do them like I did my Genis-Vell threads a few months ago.

There are people who CAN forget The Crossing?

Enough to keep Hawkeye flush with trick arrows and jetcycles.

And to think that we will have Faramir for Meachum... What a world we live in.

I'm usually up pretty late too, I just volunteered to work at the polls this year.

It was so confusing that most of the details slipped out of my mind. Wasn't there a kid in a potato sack that predicted the future and a lady that looked like a gorilla got murdered?

I can't imagine it's easy to climb onto the top of a building, just to jump through the cieling?

Well, it is.
But so is the page long monologue delivered midair as a character does a 5 foot jump.

>He's a terrorist! He gets people killed!
>He''s not! He's a good man and he'0s my friend!!

Classic.

Man, that is some jumpsuit he's rocking there.

It's like a white version of Rightclops.

Remember, this was before 9/11.
Combine the fact that he's a terrorist with the fact that he's actually bombed things, and I really want him to be in the Netflix show JUST to see if they can do it.

>White

Oh, just you wait, user...

It's not usually a problem for me. I have a downright unhealthy sleep cycle.

Frankly, I'm just happy you're running these stories.

>Rocketrang
Do you think he had to take the time to think "Rocketerang, or Rocketrang?"

>Snowfire

He's also known as something else. That name is FAR more famous.
brb, just gonna post in another thread...

Snowflame, right?

Introducing, for the first time in the Marvel Universe, the arch-enemy of Wolverine, SABERTOOTH!

I was actually going to post this very same question.

That and how he pays for all those fancy boomerangs. Now we know Hawk probably has some indecent salary. But how the hell do these villains pay for their stuff? It never crossed my mind until now. I guess suspension of disbelief is really necessary for this stuff to work.

Marvel Canada isn't nearly as interesting as it will be at this point.
Wolverine's around, and so are the Wendigo, but it wasn't really until Alpha Flight that the GoC became a perpetual monster creation machine.

Now that was unexpected.

Nope, he's DC.

A lot of the powered, rather than gadget based ones go into debt with the Power Broker, who gives them powers, but at prices you need to break the law to afford.

Back in the 80s, various Iron Man badguys like Justin Hammer or Obadaih Stane would bankroll tech based villains, like say the Beetle or Blizzard, with a similar arrangement.

Other times it's World Conqueror types running the Masters of Evil like Zemo or Egghead, who have money to begin with.

Sabertooth was apparently just a Byrne design for an unmasked Wolverine, only to find out that he was already drawn unmasked. But, rather than get rid of it, he used it on a brand new character. But before he ever tangled with Wolverine, he battled Iron Fist.

It's not that surprising. I mean Mystique and Rogue were Ms. Marvel villains at first.

Bendis tried to answer that once with the original "Secret War", where he revealed that they were being funded by Latveria.

Speaking of, when Bendis comes into the picture there'll be a LOT more Luke Cage in the Marvel Universe.
He's in Alias, The Pulse, a major player in New Avengers, and all the stuff the New Avengers are involved in, with Iron Fist getting involved in the second volume of New Avengers.

>"SURPRISE HUG!"

And here he is, the man we've all been waiting for!

You say hug, but it looks a lot lewder than that.

I can't see his waist, so I'm going with hug.

Secret Wars wasn't a book I read. I did read New Avengers for a while, if only for Clint and Bucky. I must be a masochist. I must confess that I find Luke rather bland, unless he's with someone who serves as his foil. And Jess isn't proper foil.

The way Bendis writes him, he's pretty bland.

When we finish this story, we all will be able to argue if the fault lies with Luke as a character or with Bendis for defining who he is.

So does modern Sabertooth say "bub" often, or is this more Sabertooth-Wolverine bleedover?

And does this argument about Sabertooth having no technique still hold true, or did they retcon in some ninja training or something BS like that?

As I'm sure you can notice, I'm connecting to a different nearby modem. This one isn't nearly as shitty.

Speaking of power creep, here's Danny beating Sabertooth without using the Iron Fist, and while blind.

I hope the one to blame is Bendis. I want to blame him again for something. I really want to. It's funny that my first read was Ultimate Spider Man and I liked it, but since then the road has been stoned by pain.

And now, my favorite issue of Iron Fist's solo series!

I like USM too. Hell, I'll do you one worse and admit to liking New Avengers.
Somewhere along the lines, he stopped giving a shit.

How can Danny tell what kind of kick it was from behind? He's not Daredevil, all he should feel is a boot to the back of the head.

>Surprise Hug 2: The sequel!

Daaamnnn! I feel nostalgic. My dad had this issue, I think. Here it was published later, in the early 80's, I think.

... Man, Wolverine was a beta when it came to Jean back in the old days, huh?

>He's also known as something else. That name is FAR more famous.

Snaggletooth? Rapierfang? Sebastianclaw? Apollo Creed?

So was this second panel why your dad kept the issue for all those years?

>Bushmaster

I can't even come up with a stupid joke, that name is just dumb.