Gwen being popular for no reason

>gwen being popular for no reason
Why fucking gwen out of every spider, she is literally the most forced spider character out there

So?

>popular for no reason
>forced
it's all about the costume bro

Because of the Gwen fad and she has a decent costume. Thats it

She's hot

Miles is actually the most forced and popular for no reason

>Selfie

Into the trash it goes.

The same reason Venom is popular

Comics are a visual medium

and these designs are pretty sweet

>Forced

This is the most tired ass pointless criticism, you don't even know what it means.

>she is literally the most forced spider character out there
Thats not Miles Morales

>venom isn't interesting

Real sick of this meme from faggots born in the year 1999 who hate everything popular before their time.

Eddie Brock is one of the more interesting Spider-Man villains with more depth to his personality than I AM INSANE, or I WANT MONEY.....especially when you consider Venom used to be the marriage of two characters entirely, both with their own personality and motivation

Spider-Gwen came at the right time. She came just when Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy portrayal gained traction and she died. So that means people started wanting more Gwen but couldn't have more Gwen. That as until Spider-Gwen came out and Marvel cashed in on what was popular. Combine that with her nice costume and you've got yourself a mediocre character that is only popular because of her name and costume. I do agree with others who're saying that Miles is more forced than she is, though.

Also Silk > Spider-Gwen

>costume is 12/10
>gwen stacy already had her fans
>the art is nice even if the writing is meh

I don't know OP, it sure is a mystery.

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about, considering all the people I know who don't like Venom tend to be old fans who were reading comics from way before he showed up.

As someone who likes Venom in several of his incarnations a great deal, I makes no bones about his strongest asset being his striking appearance. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's kept the character around and relevant for a long time, while someone like Carnage tends to flounder about because he looks like a buncha red and black splotches. He's probably the best "evil counterpart" any hero has, if not character-wise, 100% design-wise

silk's costume is way worse though

If they wanted Pete to feel young again they should have him hook up with teenage alternate universe Gwen Stacy.

>Silk
>good

That webbing costume though...

She is in her solo series.
Under Slott she's awful but then again what isn't awful under Slott?
Well I'm not denying that.
Gwen's costume is better.

Does Spider-Gwen wear a bra?

>She is in her solo series.
Your taste is shitty from eating feces all your life.

>people think this garbage costume is good
>the art is nice
Another proof that this board has no standards whatsoever.

Sorry your opinion is shit? I mean, do you even see the spider?

The only one with shit taste here is you.
That costume is pure eye-cancer and if you think Spider-Gwen's art is "nice" you're as blind as its artist.

Everyone disagrees with you.

Do you see the spider tho?

She's the least forced, most organic and authentic thing outside of the day when they bring back spider man's marriage to Mary Jane

>Everyone disagrees with you.
Only because this shit board has no taste.

wew

Do you see the spider tho?

You can't fight the future, OP.

The Gwenpire rises!

Like her or your sexist.

What's really sad is that the Spider-folk (particularly Aaron Aikman from issue #3) from edge of spider-verse were more interesting than her. Gwen was really cool at first but... well if you read her book you know that marvel isn't giving her the interesting stories she needs.

Yeah, it was pretty much 100% good design.

>cis white male scum getting outraged over the mere anticipation of overbearing feminism
Fucking hell.

Ladybug is the real Spider-Girl.

>Why is a blonde white girl so forced in American media???

>I haven't read Silk
Suck to be you

Ah, you've not read it

The idea of her character isn't so bad, she's just in Peter's place, but the problem is that the writing for her comic is awful, they made her world pretty awesome with small (yet drastic) changes to the norm, it's just that Gwen herself is the least intresting part of her comic, so we she appears in anything else it becomes obvious.

Personally, I like how she's been an absolute bitch to Silk in the spider chicks crossover comic, gave her more personality.

>calling out your name during a fight
Assult Spider-Gwen figure when?

I hope as time goes on Gwen's comic gets better. I have nothing against the character or the design, it's just that the writers have no idea what to do with her. The crossover was actually Gwen at her best. There's a lot of neat things they can do with her world.

Frank Castle and Matt Murdock are so fucking great in her world, just Matt being an evil wormy lawyer makes me smile, but Captain Castle of the NYCPD? Fuck yes.

The Captain America was presented in an awful way along with shield that reeks of SJW pandering, Harry Osborne still being the Goblin sucks, but his reasoning is pretty good. The best bit that has potential is Peter is the Lizard still being alive (I think). She works best as a team character it seems.

Wait do they actually call her Spider-Gwen? I thought it was Spider-Girl.

That would be like calling him Spider-Peter or SuperClark, that'd dumb as hell/

>The Captain America was presented in an awful way along with shield that reeks of SJW pandering
I still don't get how a black female got to be Cap'n. I read the book, but I don't really remember. How'd she even become a candidate? She's everything that wouldn't be considered for a super soldier in the 40's.

The wiki only confuses me more. Carter just picked her because she was a stunt pilot?
>Desperate to do her part in the war, and inspired by African-American aviators, Samantha dropped out of school to enlist in the war effort, and subsequently became the first African-American woman to receive a commission as a pilot in the U.S. Civil Air Patrol. But this profession sidelined her from the war, as she became relegated to flying stunts for public relations stateside. Sam's chance to make a different came in the form of Peggy Carter, an agent of the newly-formed SSR, who offered Sam to partake in Project: Rebirth. She joined a group of other three misfits, the U.S. Army Privates Steve Rogers, Isaiah Bradley, and Bucky Barnes.

>After Nazi double agents sabotaged Project: Rebirth, Sam was the only candidate who emerged unscathed. With the help of Carter, she underwent the dangerous procedure of exposition to Vita-Rays, which combined with the Super-Soldier Serum enhanced Sam's body to the peak of human perfection, and tracked down the saboteurs. The other candidates were revealed to have survived, but the program and research was lost forever. As the first and only Super-Soldier, Sam fought alongside S.H.I.E.L.D., successor of the SSR, in the war-torn Europe as Captain America.

No she's Spider Woman. Thing is she's with two other Spider Women in that scene so she calls herself Spider-Gwen. Crossovers are weird.

>being this autistic

Yea, see, makes no sense, just go with the whole "Worked her ass off and had more heart and humanity than the other candidates" trope and be done with it. History isn't my strong subject, but wasn't there an actual military squad or from from Brooklyn back in ww2 that this female Cap could have been inserted into?

Spider-Man originally took selfies of himself as a job.

It's all about the waifu you mean. Westerners are finally realizing. "hey, if I put a cute girl front and center, these dweebs will buy my comics!"

So the other two call themselves Spider-Cindy and Spider-Jessica?

she's just calling herself spider-gwen here because A) that version of Cindy Moon knows all about her secret identity
and B) she has personally met several other spider-women and spider-girls and spider-men and several of which refer to each other by nicknames to differentiate

she refers to herself as Spider-Woman when not in the middle of a multiversalcrossover with other spiders

Man I just read the rest of the article and when the fuck was any of this mentioned in Spider Gwen? The Sam 13 stuff was briefly, but that's all I remember.

>Captain America was soon targeted by the Nazi science initiative, Hydra, and confronted villains such as Baron Zemo and the Red Skull. Sam's war efforts came to an abrupt end when she confronted Hydra scientist Arnim Zola, who had devised a plan to invade the Earth with the combined Nazi forces of alternate realities. The interdimensional gateway was destroyed, but Cap found herself trapped outside of her universe, and wandered through realities for seventy-five years until she was able to return.

>Sam found a very changed world, and even though the Axis was defeated in her absence, she became overwhelmed by a sense of guilt when looking at the modern United States, and started focusing on the changes she wasn't able to fight for in the past. She was recruited once again by Peggy Carter, now director of S.H.I.E.L.D., who had spent all the years of Sam's absence trying to recreated the sole success of Project: Rebirth through cloning. The thirteenth generation clone, a male younger version of Samantha dubbed Sam 13 became her protégé, and assumed the identity of the Falcon, in hopes she could balance out some of his more inhumane programming.

Silk, and Spider-Woman.

>fridged
god i hate marvel

One of her hands is broken.

>fridged

Do DC comics exist in every Marvel universe? The fridge trope namer came from Kyle Rayner.

Your a idiot lol

venom suck big cock like youre mum

>it's all about the costume
But it's shit. What's the point of the hood when she wears a fucking mask?

>How'd she even become a candidate?
she was a disposable test subject. they assumed she'd die like the test subjects of the previous batch, and when the place got attacked leaving them with one black super woman and a bunch of dead scientists they decided 'fuck it, send this bitch to the front lines'

The hood's not meant to be practical.

It's not practicality. It looks stupid. It's like wearing a hat on top of your helmet.

to look cool

which is the purpose of a fictional character's costume

Her backstory is in a Marvel Handbook-style page at the end of one of the issues.

>to look cool
Yeah I remember when it "looked cool" to wear your pants backwards.

Do you know how many times Spider-Man has gotten sick from web swinging in the rain and then proceeded to get his ass kicked?

The hood isn't much, but at least it's something

Hopeless.

Her outfit is cool as shit. Literally the best thing to happen to comics in a while.

The hood is exactly as thin as her suit. It provides nothing. Nice attempt though. Not to mention the hood would just be a drag while swinging with the air catching in it all the time.

>But it's shit.
Thank you. I haven't seen an uglier design in a very long time.

It's not real, man. It just has to look cool.

Peter's web pits aren't any more practical than Gwen's hood.

Venom would then proceed to kill my cat.

Ever see a flying squirrel or a lizard?

But he never used them that way.

>forced
That's Silk though.

>this thread
So the contrarian thing wasn't just a meme?

>I do agree with others who're saying that Miles is more forced than she is, though.

Yeah, alternate history where close character replaces main hero is standard elseworlds, what happened with Miles instead was (Ult)Pete was killed only to be immediately replaced by another nerdy kid with uncle issues, only black... what was the point? And now he's been dragged into the main universe while his reality died because he happened to have an hamburger in his pockets

it was just a meme but then people started being contrarion just to be contrarion to the fact that it was just a meme

>costume
>good

How the fuck does that hood make any sense?

something doesn't have to look good to make sense.

also something doesn't have to make sense to look good

yeah, sorry, I was shitposting on autopilot