Slott gets complete and unrestricted freedom with the entire Spider-multiverse to tell the story HE wants to write...

>Slott gets complete and unrestricted freedom with the entire Spider-multiverse to tell the story HE wants to write, the way HE wants it to be written, and leave his immutable mark on the character
>It is lambasted by a literal 100% of all comic and Spider-Man fans across every medium and will forever go down in history as one of the very worst cape comics ever written, and the only takeaway hits and successes from it are characters and issue he had zero involvement in

So, at this point, my headcanon is that after WWH, everything just kinda cooled out and Peter ended up making a family with MJ and got out of the superhero business, and everything else after is fanfiction.

And in other news, water is wet.

Is he at least a good artist? What are his contributions to the comic book industry?

So the hypercrisis with DC is about how the universe keep progressing so that people will still read and the universe wont die. Is the hypercrisis with Marvel that the universe is trying to commit suicide?

People always say shit like "baw slott sucks" and "he is bad" but in reality, it's really true

He actually used to write mostly good stuff.

Once upon a time...

holy shit, so much samefagging.

Some of us actually liked Superior, asshole.

>7 posters

>7 replies

>Samefagging.

Well, technically now it's 7 posters and 8 replies since I already posted her, but you know.

he had a nice thing going on up to Spider-Island. Brand New Day and The Gauntlet were good.

He admitted to liking Superior. It's obvious he isn't very bright.

He wrote a lot of good stuff. His Arkham mini-series introduced a lot of cool characters. His Thing ongoing was fun. Avengers Initiative and Mighty Avengers were great. Sup Forums is just butthurt about 'muh edgy Spider-Man' (and Superior, too). In 2011, people on Sup Forums fucking loved him.
Honestly, it happens to every writer here. One day people kiss his ass. Next - they hate him.

All of it was boring shit and The Gauntlet was carried by better writers.
His Spider-Man has never been above painfully mediocre.

Fuck you, Mysterio's arc was the second best in the Gauntlet. Also New Ways to Die was fun.

The only superior asshole is your mum's

>second best in the Gauntlet
It can't be that by definition because vastly superior Juggernaut and Lizard stories exist.

New Ways to Die was boring trash.

*Juggernaut and Rhino
Not Lizard, that one was shit too.

Spider-man and the Human Torch was good.

>dissing on shed
You are both my nigga and not my nigga

I love Zeb Wells, but this one didn't click with me for some reason.

>Slott gets complete and unrestricted freedom
Editorial says otherwise. Famously, they can't allow Peter and MJ to be remarried in the present main continuity.

Oh now that i can understand, i like everything he does with spidey but shed is really his weakest, the bachalo art gives it points tho

I need a source on that before i can get angry m8

Silver Surfer.
Slott is a pretty decent Doctor Who writer.

Spider-related, he's had some hits here and there. Mostly misses, though. The No One Dies storyline was pretty tight. Spider-Island as well, it's sort of a modern Spidey classic.

Spider-verse ranges from "just okay" to "meh". It could've been so much better. But I disagree with OP, there are a lot of worse cape comics.

>Spider-verse ranges from "just okay" to "meh".
Nigga, that shit was Ultimatum-tier of horrible. Maybe even worse because the first issue of Ultimatum at least tried to be tense. It never reaches "okay" or "meh"

>needing sauce on Sup Forums "common knowledge"

Had Slott bailed after Spider Island, he could have ended his abominable run on a somewhat high note with MJ and Peter together at last and the city recognizing Peter as a hero, Eddie Brock back to normal (to set up him becoming Venom again), and Kaine back.

Fucker could have even lied and said he quit because Marvel wouldn't let him take the ending to it's natural conclusion and reunite Peter and MJ.

Everything after Spider-Island basically damned Slott and at this point, there is nothing left to save.

>Ultimatum-tier

Spider-Verse wasn't even close to that bad. Ultimatum shot the Ultimate Universe in the back of the head behind a dumpster where it fell into a persistent vegetative state before Secret Wars finally pulled the plug.

Slott doesn't have total 100% freedom; he sold his soul to Quesada and company to be the vanguard on the anti-marriage front and why he has retained control over the book for so long.

Which goes towards the tragedy of Dan Slott: fucker was so pathetic in the way he was practically BEGGING to be given the Spider-Man book to write, that he sold his soul and reputation to get to write it, and promptly shit the bed so hard and so fast and so utterly, the same fanboys like KBox who were salivating for a Slott writen Spider-Man ongoing, began calling for his head on a silver platter when they got what they were crying for.

People still buy his comics though.

It's just like how it is with Batman. It doesn't matter how shit the writing is, it doesn't matter how shit the art is, people will still buy motherfucking Spider-Man in droves.

It was. Just because it didn't have that much consequences doesn't it mean their writing quality is not equally terrible.

MC2 is the real canon while Slott is fanfiction

Shed wasn't really that good, mang

It was like bad-Slott level

Slott is nothing more than an annoying little troll. If people stopped buying his shit, he'd be replaced with the quickness. But no, people keep buying his books and bitching about him. You only have yourselves to blame.

Could be worse Bendis wants Parker dead so Dindu can be the only Spider-Man

no he just got an ego like most of them get after a bit of success and let it go to their head and write shit.

I marathoned his mighty av. two days ago and ended liking it a lot.

You forgot She-Hulk, senpai.

He looks like George Costanza

To nobody's surprise, Spiderfags remain complacent cucks.

Slott wasn't always bad. Spider Island was good. Sharp decline sometime after that though.

A lot of writers are loved when they write D listers
But once they get their hands on A-listers, love turns into hate, because readers have very strong opinions about how those popular characters should be written