Why did he do it bros? Was the "humiliation" of asking for a loan really worse than embezzling money? Also...

Why did he do it bros? Was the "humiliation" of asking for a loan really worse than embezzling money? Also, Mad Men bread.

one of my favourite characters, too bad he died so early

WTF I HATE DON NOW

Honestly he turned so quickly from charming and unique side character to leaving the show it makes me think it was some sort of contractual thing.

brits are a fucking weird race

I agree, but the posh female ones make my dick bleed no-no fluids.

Not enough memes ITT, OP. That's why no one is replying.

Well it's hard to start a Mad Men thread when you're the ONLY person on Sup Forums who loves Ken Cosgrove.

That's not true. Ken is the fucking guy, but he's too normal for everyone else. He's the straight man to all the bullshit around him.

HELLS BELLS LANE

English Pride

same

I ended the show a couple of weeks ago and I haven't recovered yet.

Fucking Don was such a dick. Over 8,000 dollars he kicks out Lane, despite being an even bigger fraud himself. First time I watched the show I was sympathetic to Don but upon second viewing I realized he is the real bad guy all along.
>can't keep faithful to either of his wives and fucks any woman that looks at him a certain way
>commits felony by impersonating another soldier
>causes Lane to hang himself
>doesn't even give his widow adequate compensation
>pushes away his brother, causes him to also hang himself
>scandalizes his daughter
>ruins his family
Am I missing anything? Was there any real good guy in Mad Men? Maybe Bert Cooper...

Peter Campbell and Kenneth Cosgrove. Probably Paul Kinsey, although he wasn't very well written after S3. Bert was a little douche after the breakdown of Don in S6.

Yeah it's hypocritical. He also should've seen the suicide coming. If lane was proud enough to embezzle money rather than ask for loan, he would be proud enough to commit suicide. Stupid don, it's on his conscience, just like with his half-brother and who else died on him

I think a lot of this was a direct result of Don's alcoholism. I've burned bridges similarly while drunk and not given a single shit until weeks later when I sober up.

There is no London Fog though

This guy stole Lee Evans' character from There's Something About Mary desu

>despite being an even bigger fraud himself
This is irrelevant to Lane's outcome. Embezzlement is embezzlement, and there should be the consequence of "resignation" from SCDP.

>Was there any real good guy in Mad Men?
Kenny.

>Pete
>good guy
He cheated on Trudy plenty of times. I suppose beyond that, he's not the absolute worst considering he knew about Don's past, and could of done a lot more than tell Bert Cooper about it (which led to Cooper doing one of two things depending on how you interpret what he tells Don. He either blackmailed Don into signing a contract or hinted that Don can just run away from his problems again if the contract situation goes south).

I thought overall Bert was alright. I sympathized with his politically incorrect views and was never portrayed being a dick to anyone. He's even merciful to Don after he screws up. Maybe Salvatore, poor guy just got kicked out of the show too soon.
I always thought Pete was being a dick whenever he cheated on Trudy, who was always a good wife.
He is seen feeling guilt about it later on. Still, I hated him for killing Pryce, who was one of my favorite characters.
I guess you could attribute a lot of Don's badness with alcoholism, sometimes it was just him not being able to keep his pants on.
Probably right, although who knows if Kenny got more screen time, maybe they would have shown him being a philanderer too.
But who would have found out about the 8,000 if Don said nothing? He could have just ttold Lane don't do it again and kept such a valuable partner and nice guy.

>But who would have found out about the 8,000 if Don said nothing?
Well Bert already knew, and he could've spread word to Roger and the other partners, but the key thing here is that Lane stole from the company and forged Don's signature. It's not only a shit thing to do the company, but it's a breach of trust. The
>valuable partner and nice guy
thing goes out the window after doing something like that.

Sure Don was a dick, but I feel you look at things too black and white, especially for a show like Mad Men. Just about every character did something morally grey, but they also did good too.

They fuck up, and then they feel sorry for what they do, then time slowly mends what they fucked up. Case in point: Sally catching Don with his dick in the neighbors wife.

Fuck off faggot.

If you want memes blast yourself with a fucking shotgun while streaming it to reddit.

Reminder he directed Time and Life in 7b

>A lot of attention has rightly been given to Matt and the writing of the show, but “Mad Men” isn’t “Mad Men” without (Hamm) and Elisabeth (Moss). Matt has written toward their performances and made them collaborators. I don’t think people quite appreciate the nuance and depth of the performances that they’ve given. If his character had held a gun and shot someone I have the feeling (Hamm would) have an armful of awards.

I never said I was in favor of it, I actually like threads like this that generate discussion, but most people would rather meme with >le 4u xDD
Why are you projecting so much, my man?

Watched the bonus feature of the cast wraps last night and Harris said Weiner's advice to him was to sound like Alec Guinness in 'Lawrence,' and he does sound super classy and proper, so it's interesting to hear how he normally talks. I don't know if its considered 'cockney' but it's close.

>If his character had held a gun and shot someone I have the feeling (Hamm would) have an armful of awards.

Fuck this is too true, the fact that he only won one is pretty disappointing.

Pete Campbell sexually assaulted an au pair.

Don had no fucking choice. If anything, he was fucking super generous to Pryce in the way he handled the firing: basically told Pryce he had to resign and in return, basically Bert and Don would cover everything up. Which they did even after he killed himself (see his interaction with the widow).

Plus Pete's comment about how he was there simply because he facilitated their firing so they could start their own firm, probably planted the seed that no one would have helped him.

For me it was the other way around. When I first watched it I thought Don was the bully but the second time I watched it he actually did a lot of nice things.

this, obviously

Lane's fall was heavy, tragic. Felt like a Arthur Miller stageplay.

You hit it on the nose, one also has to keep in mind that if ANYONE found out, the company could crumble. Investors would question how much of the funds are actually legit, and if the partners were skimming everything like Lane.

like a what?

Like Death of a Saleman, All My Sons, etc.
Are you memeing me?

I've never seen any of those movies.

just stop bruh

>Kenneth Cosgrove

My favorite character. Reminds me of my best friend.

A thing like that.

HEY LISTEN TO THIS

What did he answer to that woman who asked him if he was alone? It was never resolved.

>plays mozart

Didnt he start banging his neighbor in the next season? So probably yes

Who are your top 5 most attractive ladies Don never slept with.
1. Woman in fur coat at the start of part 2 of season 7
2. Joan
3. Trudy
4. Jane
5. Dawn

>1. Woman in fur coat at the start of part 2 of season 7
that's the Jew he bangs in season 1

Whatever happened to Dolores?

Probably AIDS. She was a whore.

THE BIGGEST BLACKEST PROSTITUTE IVE EVER SEEN

Was refering to her