Batman Beyond comic

>Batman Beyond comic
>Terry isn't Batman
>it is that faggot Tim instead
Seriously why would DC do this? Do people even care about Tim!?

The best thing about Batman Beyond is the source material isnt the comics its the animated series

So the animated series is canon. Epilogue is also not canon cause different series

I actually didn't mind Epilogue. It showed Bruce had started to find some happiness again, and was STILL too stubborn to die, and it let us see Terry after he has come into his own as Batman. Making him basically X-23 wasn't a deal breaker for me. I always wondered if there wasn't something up, due to the fact he looked NOTHING like his 'dad'. It's also the kind of shit i can see Waller pulling after being BTFOd by Bats so often.

Same here, I enjoyed the real ending.

The waifufags are powerful, OP.
And i don't blame them, just look at those hips, that skinny delicious body. Goddamn it Tim.

>Epilogue is also not canon cause different series
This denial is funny. Epilogue is canon. Same creators and same universe.

Can someone explain or link me to a summary of what happened that caused Tim to take Terry's place? I watched a lot of the DCAU growing up but I never bothered to read comics until two weeks ago.

the shitty future's end weekly

>Brother Eye was fucking everything up
>Bruce was going to go back in time and stop it
>Bruce died before he could go back, sent Terry instead
>Terry meets Tim during the adventure
>Terry dies fighting Brother Eye in the past
>Tim takes Terry's suit and finishes the fight
>Tim gets sent to the future where Brother Eye still takes over
>Terry is still dead here for some reason
>Tim finishes the fight for real this time
>Tim is running around the future as Batman
>Terry is still alive and he's fighting Tim

>Bad Future, Brother Eye assimilates humanity
>Bruce sends Terry back in time to prevent Brother Eye from being built
>Is 5 years late
>Terry wastes all his time fucking Plastique
>Terry is killed by Joker/Batman robot sent back to kill him
>Tim, who kept being teased to finally take up Batmantle, puts on fixed Beyondsuit to go back 5 years and prevent Earth 2 from coming to main earth after Darkseid ransacks it (basically makes sure what was already canon occurs)
>Suit autosends him back to future
>Still Brother Eye dystopia, but slightly less assimilated
>Every plot thread of Futures' End was meaningless

>Do people even care about Tim?
People born before 1998 do

Yeah, why?

Tim was a completely different character in the cartoon.

Terry will be Batman again in a few months when we get Batman Beyond Rebirth. At least Jurgens brought back the Justice League and Tim wasn't his fault

Who cares? It's not set in the BB universe, it's set in the Future's End universe where everything is fucked.

Shame really because I would like a DC series where the heroes have to rebuild their world. It's what Earth 2 was shaping up to be and I still feel cheated

thats the joke

Sort of? He was the Robin I grew up with in the comics... except not really, because by the time I discovered my LCS I had already been watching the Animated series with Dick since I was a toddler.

I remember getting (and still have, somewhere) the TPB where he becomes Robin and is trained by Lady Shiva. I remember liking him a bit more than Dick at the time, because cartoon-Robin was an asshole.

But as an adult, he bores me to tears. Likely because they have done fuckall with him since then. It's bad enough to be the permanent sidekick and stand in Batman as Dick is to Batman, and X-23 is to Logan, but to be the 3rd/middle sidekick? It's like being the middle-child in a big family.

He's not the 'firstborn', thats Dick. He's not the secondborn, thats the Edgelord. Nor is he the 'baby'/kid, that's Damien, who also has the bonus of blood relation.

Poor guy.

>Hey you know that fan-adored version of Batman that's special because it introduced a new character as Batman that was original and wasn't an adaptation of any canon Batman character?

>Yeah

>Let's remove that character and make it one of Batman's sidekicks, so that it can be yet another story where one of Batman's sidekicks becomes Batman.

>BRILLIANT *hands over sack with dollar sign on it*

Bravo, DC. Bravo.

I kind of like how Tim was a bit different from the other Robins. He wasn't another kid whose parents died. He was just some smart whiz kid who was like "Batman is cool, I wanna be Robin." Well, he didn't even think of being Robin as a thing that would be forever. He just knew Batman is better off with a Robin, and actually wanted to get Grayson back.

I guess Identity Crisis shit on the "the one guy with no MyParentsAreDead by giving him a MyParentIsDead. What the fuck is it with cape comics giving the few superheroes with no tragic backgrounds some tragic backrounds? It's like they go through a checklist of all the cookie-cutter shit every hero needs. "Costume? Check. Reporter love interest? Check. City of operation? Check. Dead person in origin? Wait, I can't find it. Doesn't this guy have an Uncle Ben or a Martha Wayne? No? How'd we let that one slip? Aw shit I guess his mom was killed by a yellow streak or something I dunno. Okay, moving on. Sidekick? Check..."

>Tim in the Middle

Jason would quite clearly be Reece, but I can't see Dick and Damien as Francis or Dewey.

Nah I was born in 86 and I always just thought of Tim as the current Robin. Dick was the one that became his own side hero and had history to him and Jason was the one who died which gave him an interesting history. But Tim whenever I thought about the history Robins would go through each one and get to Tim and say "And the current one is Tim." And he never left that place until Damien became "the current one, who is also Batman's son." Tim is basically nothing but a placeholder character for me now.

Anyone bring me up to speed with BatTim Beyond ongoing?

They setting up Terry being around? Is Terry the Rebirth BatBeyond?

Did Terry's kid brother become Green Lantern or some shit or was that just a fever dream I had.

Personally I kinda hate combining capes with post-apocalyptic settings unless it's a story about a time-traveller and that world is the bad future they came back to prevent. I just don't buy the rebuilding society stuff.

I also think Future's End is the most grotesque bad future I've ever seen. Superheroes as mutilated cyborgs with weird spider-bodies, multiple metal spines jutting out at awkward angles, etc. has to be the event fucking horizon of the concept of grimdark, I literally can't imagine anything with more artificially manufactured edge. Crossed is somehow less offensive to me.