Discuss

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=45IXc-_7kww
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But it's not the weekend user, racebait threads are on the weekends. Don't you have school to go to?

I think the point they were making is they're still just people but then there are those negative, racist labels. In the context of the setting, they're similar. Does he consider himself a "nigger" in the same way a racist white person would use that term? Or does he consider himself a person?

Other than that I can't think of anything discuss.

>Ellen Page will never call you a nigger

Whether it's good writing or not just depends on whether you consider equating a fictional minority and a real one is a good idea or a dick move.

As a black user, you do have a point. Believe it or not I still like kitty and am not triggered by this panel. Claremont made a good point in this scene.
> ywn munch Ellen page's carpet

youtube.com/watch?v=45IXc-_7kww

the point is that "mutie" is an insult. Are people really that retarded to not undestand 2 sentences? the words are even in bold

Is this part in the same one where she says something about nigger-lover? Or am I mixing up two different comics?

What point are you trying to make? It's an insult, but WHY is it an insult? I'm not trying to be confrontational with you, just so you know.

Eh. However you see it they were doing the whole "mutants are like an oppressed minority" before that panel, this just makes it weird because here they're juxtaposing the real minority with it. Usually when you do those types of allegories the real life version isn't just standing right next to the allegory with an air of "is this nigga serious?". What I'm trying to say is mutants work better in a world where African-Americans didn't have the history they did, or are absent entirely.

But I guess if you replace the black guy with a guido and Kitty with a mick, it works. Or if the black guy calls her a kike.

So, eh.

Already? In early June?

>It's an insult, but WHY is it an insult
because it's used as an insult. Why is fruitcake an insult?

Yeah, that's when summer break begins every year.

Because of the associated context. If I called you a spade or a car, you probably wouldn't be insulted because you couldn't understand why being associated with a spade or a car is insulting.

>What I'm trying to say is mutants work better in a world where African-Americans didn't have the history they did

What, no. It works better because it shows that people with a history of suffering bigotry can still be bigots themselves. Look how Israel treats Palestine. The point is that the black guy is being a bigot and using a derogatory word. Kitty uses another derogatory word in hopes it will make the black guy step back and see he's falling into the same type of bigotry he's probably experienced in his own life.

>replying to tripfags
>not filtering them

Jesus fuck that's early.
t. Europoor.

besides calling yourself a mutie in the 80s marvel could get you kill, like a purple giant robot could arrive if someone reported you

>not just swinging at the kike mutie and hoping it hits before her ungodly powers can save her

>It works better because it shows that people with a history of suffering bigotry can still be bigots themselves.
So like Magneto, who makes that point much better than throwing racist epithets.

>Kitty uses another derogatory word in hopes it will make the black guy step back and see he's falling into the same type of bigotry he's probably experienced in his own life.
Yeah it's just that mutants don't actually exist, so the juxtaposition makes it look silly. Nobody has ever actually gotten offended by the word "mutie", and here they have Kitty say "nigger" as if it's on the same level. And while in-story it's supposed to be (sort of) on the same level, it just seems weird. It's a bit like if someone invented themselves as a part of a minority group and invented a word to be offended by, just so they can throw around insults themselves.
I understand that's not the intent and you're right that the intent is to show that they're on the same level, but that's an issue when juxtaposing real problems with fantasy ones.

As I said if it was 2 real life minorities it wouldn't be jarring, but here it is. I'm not offended in any way, I just don't think it's very well thought out.

In the context of the X Men universe, mutants have been targets by the government and militia groups who were the ones who coined the slur 'muties'.

So it should hold more weight considering people have died while being called this by both fellow citizens and even government officials.

>Nobody has ever actually gotten offended by the word "mutie", and here they have Kitty say "nigger" as if it's on the same level
What kind of autism is this?
The whole point about the story is for you to get invested into the whole "being a mutant is not that awesome as it seems". You can still feel something for fictional suffering, user.

Prince never was one for holding back

you could probably convince her

if it was for art

It's like you didn't even bother to read my reasoning as to why it's weird. Mutants don't exist, nobody actually died or got hunted down or insulted, they're not on the same level to a reader as historical events, or at least they shouldn't be imo.
As I said it (sort of) makes sense in-universe, but it's a pretty shitty point to make.

I understand that but juxtaposing it with instances of real life suffering the way this did is just going to make your point less strong, imo.

>911 WHAT IS YOUR MUTATION

umm I just wanted to report a break-in at -

>MUTANT DETECTED

no i think he's just a junkie

>SENTINELS DISPATCHED

>911 WHAT IS YOUR MUTATION

hi i called earlier about a break-in at -

>MUTANT DETECTED

no, see, some giant purple robots turned up and now everything's on fire, a lot of people are injured -

>SENTINELS DISPATCHED

So much has gone wrong with Sentinels that's it's amazing the government kept using them. Ever heard of Dominion Tank Police? Police are given tanks and are supposed to keep people safe and stop crime, but while doing it they end up ruining the roads and blowing everything up. It's just a stupid idea.

Now imagine those tanks were bigger, more destructive, much more numerous, could fly, and were capable of learning, and have had a history of rebelling and trying to either kill, enslave or bot-net Humans as well as Mutants.

In retrospect, I'm starting to think that Kitty just likes tossing "nigger" into any situation to escalate things.

Whole page

Kitty probably used "nigger" more then any other mainstream Marvel hero.

She's an escalator all right. In the 00s Claremont had her get banned from antimutant Stormfront for going full MIDF.

That's an excellent question in that context.

someone should compile a big macro

Niggers.xmen are jews

You shouldn't be reading fiction.

>they're not on the same level to a reader
But they should be, shouldn't they? The reader should be immersed enough in your work to be genuinely disturbed by your made-up atrocities.

Did she get punched by Danny before this? Looks like she has a bruise on her face in panel 8. Just asking cause...
>They're only words, child.

>There was a time when Liberals were politically incorrect and Conservatives were the ones getting offended and trying to censor everything

I miss the old days.

>forgetting "spade" is an archaic racial slur for black people

She jumped Danny after hearing his opinion on some recent mutant slayings. She thought it was awful, he called her a mutie lover. Cue ass whooping.

Fuck off, I don't even mind the allegory, only the juxtaposition is clumsy.

As long as they're not juxtaposed to the real-life parralel, sure.

Me too.

>Look how Israel treats Palestine.

Showing incredible restraint in the face of endless terror?

wat?

she asked the nigger if he's a nigger.
I don't see anything to to talk about

>jews
>restraint
pick one and only one

I was going to go with "Apartheid" but hey, sure, go with that if you want

If Jews were unrestrained, they'd rule the world. These days they can barely control the comics industry.

>If Jews were unrestrained, they'd rule the world.
>implying they don't
>implying comic industry matters, and not the movies
>implying they don't control movie industry
nigga, I don't have problems with jews, but let's be honest, they are extremely powerful, and there is nothing anyone can do. they can and will genocide anyone they want

I don't know, I think it still works if you considered that black people aren't the only minority.

Especially considering that this was made in the 80's, when gay rights really got swinging and 'fag' was still a popular insult.

So I guess it makes that point that minorities can still be bigots.

>implying anyone controls anything
I wish I had your optimism.

money controls everything.
those who have money, can influence everything.
jews have money, thus they have everything.
look, I'm a goy. I will never mean anything in the world, but I'm not in denial

If that's the case, why haven't they genocided the Palestinians, instead of letting themselves be attacked endlessly? They certainly have the ability.

>If Jews were unrestrained, they'd rule the world.
Lol no. Jews being unable to stop themselves from picking up any coins they find is indeed a thing.

Because it's a business.
Let me tell you a joke
An arab shoots a jewish tank, and then throws weapon away and gives up. Surprised jew comes out of tank and asks "what happened"?
"I have no more ammo" tells arab
"I can sell you some"

Also, if you want a more serious answer, they still care about the pr, and they also need some cheap labor force. The Israel won't become rich by itself.

>Also, if you want a more serious answer, they still care about the pr, and they also need some cheap labor force. The Israel won't become rich by itself.

Yes, exactly. Leaving the morality factor aside, that's the reason.

Which is why is wrong. They can't just "genocide anyone they want".

I wouldn't be surprised if they genocided palestinians, once they don't need them

There's nothing they really need the Palestinians for that couldn't be done by, say, Filipino guest workers or Slavic Jews, without the crime and terrorism. All that's left is morality and PR. Which wouldn't be a concern if they were all-powerful.

>It's an insult, but WHY is it an insult?

Because it's meant to belittle & degrade the recipient.

Generally they didn't. Most Sentinels that go wrong were private projects or outside forces hacking them via SCIENCE.
Most of the money on sentinels seems to be based upon trying to figure out how the fuck to remove the destroy all mutants part of their programming from the spaghetti code to end all spaghetti codes.
Think about how useful sentinels that actually behaved would be. It's an intelligent robot that adapts to any conceivable threat. Trask accidentally made one of the most advanced machines in the MU and they can be mass produced.
As a weapon they are actually something worth using even if properly working sentinels tend to exist to job.

It feels like the Axis event in real life - the bad guys have become the good guys and the good guys have turned evil.

This is one where college students try to murder professor x.

God loves man kills is where she sad nigger Lover and there is a new mutants book where she said nigger after a kid kills himself

They literally round up and murder mutants. Fucking Nigger is less of an insult than mutie because all the bad things that happen to niggers they do to themselves

Illyana was actively grabbing her and when colossus showed up to tell them to stop kitty got distracted and Danny landed a suckers punch while kitty was responding to colossus

Yeah this

I'm black and kitty is still my favorite mutie.