Flash movie

Since this man is directing the flash movie now,do you think the west family would be black? Would Geoff Johns allow that since he just brought real Wally back in the comics..I just want to see people supporting #keepirisblack get rekt. What do you guys think?

Wait, it's only a question of whether the West family should be black because the director himself is?

Anyway, I want them to simply pick someone who is VERY good at playing Iris West to play Iris West. Color is a literal non-issue

That sounds exactly as retarded as saying that T'challa should be American because the director of the movie is American.

>pick someone who is VERY good at playing Iris West to play Iris West
This there's a reason there was so little anger of Samuel l Jackson as Nick furry

Iris West is nowhere near iconic enough to have a "Look", like Superman or Spider-Man

>DC using a black director on a non-black character movie
Why is DC so behind the clock, Sup Forums?

>They hire Christopher Priest to write Deathstroke, a white character
>When his clear writing skills could be used to elevate Cyborg

Why don't you think a black director can direct a movie about a non-black character? Are you racist?

>2016
>still trying to pigeonhole black content creators into making stories exclusively about black people

Lights might be on, but you can tell nobody is home

>I was only pretending to be retarded

McDuffie judges you from the afterlife

>I am literally retarded
I feel for you, user.

They offered Priest a character and he said no. Its assumed to be Cyborg but the guy doesnt want to write black characters and get pidgeon holed

From Famuyiwa's instagram.

You guys are still missing obvious sarcasm

Ultimate Nick Fury was already modelled off Samuel L Jackson.

>ever getting mad at a Sam Jackson casting

which books are those?

Flash TPBs

I see Flash Rebirth, a bunch of new 52 Flash shit and I guess the rest is Geoff Johns shit.

>I just want to see people supporting #keepirisblack get rekt.

Why? I mean, besides you enjoying being a prick? Iris is basically just a clone of Lois Lane. Making her black (or in this case, keeping her black) at least makes her visually distinct.

>Color is a literal non-issue

The thing is, for a lot of people, it's a very big issue. It's nice that you feel confident in the potential for unbiased, egalitarian selection of talent by Hollywood casting agents, but let's be honest here - they're the only people in the country legally allowed to discriminate based on age, race or sex. Unlike anyone else seeking workers, they're allowed to specify what sorts of people they want to see apply for the opening. If they want a white woman between the ages of 20 and 30, they can specify that in their posting. So, by the time they even begin looking at actors' CVs and having them read lines, they've already selected out most everyone who isn't that. Decisions about race really have to be made by the writers & directors before it goes to the casting director.

Holy shit it's Rage of Africa!

>mfw

Famuyiwa sounds like a Japanese name

Sounds African to me. Like actually African. There's no "yi" in Japanese.

He is Nigerian-American.

Well there you go. Nigeria is in Africa.

duh pointdexter

Well the Johns stuff are ok, I wouldn't recommend Waid since those are supposed to be Wally's. New 52 is eh, god I hope he doesn't take inspiration from Venditti's crap. What I hope he does take note of is ManaBooch's way of presenting his speed and movement. What are the two Thick Ones and the HC at the bottom? I assume those are classic Flash?

Venditti is in there.

I want to be hype about this because I like Rick Famuyiwa and Ezra Miller, but DC Movies don't have a good track record.
And all I know about The Flash comes from the TV show anyway.

>What are the two Thick Ones and the HC at the bottom?
Not sure what the HC is but the thich trades are John's Wally.

Nigga please shut up about the track record. WB/DC makes good movies with a few stumbles along the way.
If you like the ppl who behind the project than look forward to it if you want.

Both Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman were horrible.

Johns has sworn by the cereal gods to keep Snyder away

>"We need to change characters around so casting agents will hire the right people."

At least you're honest about it?

This gave me more hope than anything. Its nice seeing a director who isn't embarrassed by the source material.

Like a Flash movie doesn't need to be exactly like a flash comic, they're two different mediums, but I'm officially dunzo with directors who are too cool to make the movie they're making.

>Believing that

Oh, child.

>Why? I mean, besides you enjoying being a prick? Iris is basically just a clone of Lois Lane. Making her black (or in this case, keeping her black) at least makes her visually distinct.

Nobody cares about Iris, everyone is worried about Wally.

Maybe not. I imagine an actual black person would just rather make a new black character than ride of of whiteys coat tails.

>implying I'm only talking about the DCEU
DC still put out movies that people have enjoyed like the TDK triolgy the Reeves movies not to mention the animated movies they have made.

>He's reading up on his source material
I'm hype

Heh

Someone send him Wednesday Comics: The Flash STAT

Are the top two not the same? Looks like first trade is collected 1-12. Looks so thick.

Iris's colour is a huge issue because it determines Wally's colour. And nobody likes any incarnation of black Wally and everyone loves redhead Wally.

I doubt we're going to get more than one Flash in the movies anyway so not really that big a deal.

>Hating black Wally
Sorry for the tiny gif, I don't have the webm

I don't really care. Pick the best actors. It won't affect the comics anyway.

Waid established the speed force and the Flash family that everyone loves. He shouldn't take it for Barry characterization but he should read it just to understand the weight of the franchise.

First trade isn't out yet, of course. Maybe they can hook him up with Comixology downloads in the meantime.

Iris is adopted anyway, classically at least. She can look like anyone. What made the TV Wests black was the casting of Joe not Iris.

Hate to use fantastic four as an example but

They could just make iris black and go the "adoptive" route with wally.

Also,wally still is black in rebirth, so johns would vote for black wally

They're two different countries.

No, you are confusing Wally with his cousin Wally.

Easy mistake to make.

Nah, Black Wally is just another Wally named after their grandfather. Both good Wally and Black Wally can coexist

Hah, maybe we might see them both on screen

>I'm wally, and this is my cousin, wally west

thats not what he said at all tho

No it doesn't. Nu52 iris was white, nu52 waally was black

>New 52 is eh
I only read like the first arc or two but him reading that gives me hope. It had good stuff like
>Barry sensing a bullet touching the back of his neck and snapping into fastmode
>using forensic chemistry skills to make a drink for Captain Cold

>continuing the incestuous trends of Big Two comics, even into film
STOP