Godzilla

Watched Godzilla vs Megalon a couple days ago (haven't seen it in years) and now I'm on a Godzilla binge. What are some good Godzilla comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/co/thread/80276952/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Godzilla in Hell
Godzilla: The Half Century War

Thank me later user

I remember hearing about Godzilla in Hell but not the other one. I'll track them down and give them a read. Thanks user.

That's funny because the Godzilla on the right in your OP image is Half Century War.

lol That kind of makes me feel like a dumbass. I did a quick google search for Godzilla comic images and just grabbed one of the first ones to pop up.

Hyped for the new film anons?

>Half Century War
>Cataclysm
>Godzilla in Hell
>Rulers of Earth
You bet! Sucks the American one lost the director

Half-Century War is a classic around here. Really good

What the fuck is with his tail, man. Why's it look like it's got a weird face on it?

The new look has yet to grow on me but I'm always hyped for a new Godzilla film.

Cautiously hyped.

The new look is being slow to grow on me, even though I understand the concept behind it.

>that trailer music tho

I just hope it gets good foreign coverage so I can actually watch it in glorious cinematic screen.

the dark horse run was really good

I just want an announcement of the real distributors. Turns out New World Cinema's social media crew was lying about them having it all along.

>Toho produced
>co-directes by Hideaki Anno

I am unbelievably hyped

It's a whale skeleton.

>the dark horse run was really good

The one with the shitty superhero OCs and characters with names like Dr. Kagaku ("Dr. Science")?

Surely you jest.

>Sucks the American one lost the director
I felt a little disappointed with the film (not enough Godzilla for my personal tastes) but I don't think it was a bad movie overall. That does suck since the guy seemed like he was an actual fan of the character and it would have been interesting to see how he handles introducing other popular characters (Mothra, etc...) into future sequels.

>Sucks the American one lost the director

Maybe with a new director we might have a chance of Godzilla showing up in a Godzilla movie for more than 5 minutes.

Scriptwriter already acknowledged the sequel intends on delivering more kaiju action.

And that whole time travel thing.

>The one with the shitty superhero OCs and characters with names like Dr. Kagaku ("Dr. Science")?

Yeah, if you want a "Godzilla vs. superheroes" story then go for the old Marvel Comics Godzilla series. Dark Horse's Godzilla books with their shitty parody superhero characters was really, really shit. At least with Marvel, the superheroes are legit.

This was really my biggest issue with the movie. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was bad movie because of it, I just think it fell into a pit it wasn't able to crawl out of.

Thing is, it's totally fine to have a monster movie while showing very little of your monster. A minimalist monster movie is rare, and when done right, it can be great (the original Godzilla, for example, didn't really have that much Big G to begin with).

American Godzilla, however, got greedy. It gave us not one, but THREE monsters stomping around and being behemoths. There's only so much the audience can be given before they expect something out of a movie. When you have three giant monsters in a movie, you expect an all-out battle royale with all of them for at least a third of the movie... And instead, they just give us roughly ten minutes of it, while focusing solely on the squishy humans.

It's the same problem the first Transformers movie came upon: giving us too many cool things, but not actually SHOWING us those cool things.

>Half Century War
>Cataclysm
>Godzilla in Hell
>Rulers of Earth

If anyone is in the mood to storytime one of these please do.

>When you have three giant monsters in a movie, you expect an all-out battle royale with all of them for at least a third of the movie..

I'm still butthurt about that first encounter scene. The first time Godzilla comes across a Muto and we get a cut to the human characters with a few flashes here and there on the tv of the massive monster fight we're missing.

It also doesn't help that the lead character is super dull and that the most compelling human character gets killed off before we even hear the name Godzilla.

I actually like the idea of seeing news coverage of the monster attacks in certain scenes, but I'd like them to be more in focus or in conjunction with montage. Like imagine stuff like the news footage of the femMuto engaging the military in California intercut with that one scene where you see the plane crashed in the middle of a highway and you hear all those 911 calls.

The whole movie teased our cocks to a point where it got really annoying

>and that the most compelling human character gets killed off before we even hear the name Godzilla
This. It was a waste to kill Cranston off so soon. I think that most of the film being mainly focused on the humans wouldn't have been so bad if he had stuck around. The other human characters were just so boring.

I think Invasion of Astro-Monster showed you can have minimal Godzilla screentime if the humans are tolerable and even actually fun. But yeah, even that movie could have used a bit more G.

The American one had its priorities and sensibilities misplaced all over the place.

The thing about godzilla in hell is that it doesn't have any words
So you can read it for free at any book store in seconds

If you like Godzilla vs Megalon, then I can't recommend Rulers of Earth enough. It is pure shlock and revels in it.

It's the third part in a continuity series but all you need to know about the first two is:
-Monsters have fucked up the globe twice and united to fight space monsters.
-A soldier named Woods went AWOL and piloted a wrecked Mechagodzilla along with an orphaned girl he basically adopted.
-There were creepy psycic twin girls who had sway over several monsters and tried to rule the world with them.
-There was a mercenary team that made weapons and techniques to capture monsters, but at a heavy cost to the cities they saved.

Yeah, Rulers of Earth is just a load of goofy fun.
>PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH
Also, it had Badass Gigan, aka WRYYYYYGAN.

Rulers of Earth is the longest Godzilla series ever and I did it once a while ago.

I might do one or two of the others later tho.

How has nobody mentioned Godzilla vs Barkley despite it being in OP's picture?

It's a masterpiece and a must-read for any Godzilla fan

>I might do one or two of the others later tho.
That would be great if you can find the free time to do it.

this the Godzilla thread?.. I came for the Godzilla thread

>No love for Maguma

Still waiting on an R1 DVD release of Gorath. And I'll be waiting until doomsday.

I have no idea who Maguma is. Is the movie worth seeing?

These aren't even godzilla characters
What the fuck are you on about

Baragon and Varan had cameos in Destroy All Monsters if that makes you feel better.

He was going to be in Destroy All Monsters. He's a Toho monster, too, so he kind of is.

And you call yourselves Godzilla fans...

>cameos
No it doesn't
That's like saying powerpuff girls is a teen titan because of their cameo

I never said they were Godzilla characters. I only asked if it made user (you?) feel better knowing that they at least had a cameo in a Godzilla movie.

No it doesn't
Keep that d tier shit out of my godzilla

>Godzilla: History's Greatest Monster.
>Godzilla the half a century war
>Godzilla: Rulers of Earth
>Godzilla: Cataclysm (weakest but readable)
>Godzilla in Hell.

Anyone know if the Eric Powell series any good? I've been reading a lot of The Goon lately and I always see it recommended to me when I go to Amazon.

>Baragon
>only a cameo in a Godzilla movie

Are people here forgetting about GMK?

>Not appreciating d-tier shit when it comes to daikaiju movies

How old are you?

With the people talking here, I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't even seen it.

Go ride baragons dick then
I hear they make a lot of different molds for monster dildos

>not telling him to ride Baragon's horn

>ITT: a bunch of wanna-be kaiju fans only talk about the two Godzilla movies they probably know

Well okay then!

Attend gals and pals for a VERY awful scan of a VERY awful G Book. But it's perfect anyhow!

>KRRREEEEEEEEEONK
What did he mean by this?

desustorage.org/co/thread/80276952/
Here's an old one. All three ongoings, including the shit one, the decent one, and the fucking awesome one.

THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

>stop godzilla
>here's a dollar
Stop my sides are about to orbit

Damn this ain't half bad

Hundreds probably died there in Godzilla's attack, BUT EVERYBODY LAUGH FOR THE CLOSING SHOT!

But I'll try to back tonight gals and pals to make a storytime thread for some choice G mini serieses. Until then, stay outrageous!

lookin forward to it
God I love Barkley vs GZ
It's the reason comics were created

Are you okay, user? Did Baragon hurt you? It's okay to tell someone about it. You're with friends here.

This list is solid except Legends is kinda mediocre.

Also, Godzilla In Hell is incredible.

Better version.