Small Town Kino

Are small towns cool to live in or is it just exaggerated portrayal for kino purposes?

They're full of poor white trash. Does that sound cool?

Small towns fucking suck.

Exaggerated for kino purposes

greatly exaggerated, because nothing important happens in small towns and they're mostly full of old people
go watch trees lounge, perfect film to watch in the summer.

hottest chick live in small towns

unless you have a tight group of friends in it it's alright but a lot of the time they move away and you're still there by yourself

Smalls towns are boring, everyone knows each other so you can't really get any with anything and you have to drive 30-45 minutes to get to a Walmart or McDonald's. Possibly double that time if you want to do anything fun like see a movie. I filmed a commercial in Mamoo (however the fuck you spell it) Louisiana and there were three bars, all within 100 yards of each other and none had more than 10 people in them at any time even on the weekends at night. And that was literally the only thing to do in town.

Generally close knit communities are exaggerated. You'll obviously know people about the town but you keep to your self just as often as in a city.

t. grew up in a parish then moved to a city and has now moved home again

Mamou

t. LA-fag

Small towns are just swell.

wait small towns don't have this feel?

watch the last picture show to get a real feel for small towns

They are exaggerated.

Why are girls with bangs so qt lads?

It's your fetish

I think Mary Elizabeth Winstead in "Sky High" might be the source desu

Just a small town girl..

I grew up in a small town in the south and all I wanted to do was leave. Best thing about them is that they are a great motivator. Motivated me to go to college, get a degree, get a job, and never look back. Fuck small towns.

They're probably comfy to retire to. Just a house and some land out in the country

I also grew up in a very small town in the Arkansas Ozark foothills. It was a good childhood. But then again. it was in 60's and 70's.. We went swimming in the summer, rode bikes, Left to go play for the day all just had to be home by dark. I moved away when I was 18 though. But I wouldn't want to trade my childhood for one in a larger city.

gummo = real small town life

quaint when youre a kid
sucks as a teen and only gets worse as a young adult but only if you have ambition beyond being a townie fuck that wants to work a menial job or own your own small business and listen to the same town gossip for the next 40 years
t.lived in a small town that was basically stars hollow from gilmore girls most of my young life

>cool to live in?

no, here's why: Small downs are dominated by a few rich families, they basically control everything through graft, the school board and the city council, plus the police. They treat the whole place like a gated community and they are on the home owner's association. Small American towns are FAMOUSLY corrupt. I've lived in a few, go to a city council meeting or check out the local newspaper and get an ear full of the INSANE amounts of corruption in each of these small towns. Why does it happen? Americans who aren't top of the heap in small towns want to get out of them and go to some place with actual services, transportation, better policing, better schools, better garbage/water/gas. In small towns the services are terrible, you're over taxed for them, the schools are hellish, no one will pick up your garbage for months sometimes (especially if you cause any kind of political trouble for the powers that be) and it all boils down to heavily stratified student hierarchies. Rich kids get everything, the faculty looks the other way when they cheat or bully or should be off the football team due to grades, and the rest of the kids either suck up to them or are constantly harassed not only by the rich kids and their flunkies but teachers, police officers, community 'leaders', etc.

Small towns SUCK. It's the basic fact that only a very small few of the population actually want to be there are actually vote.

I grew up in a small town, Lake George New York. We get a lot of tourists in the summer but otherwise population is only like 2k

It was pretty comfy during childhood, everyone knew each other, no cliques, sports were fun. Then in high school everyone seemed to get into drugs.

I think in my graduating class of 100 I'm one of maybe 15 who actually left the town. Everyone else is wasting their lives away there (been 8 years since I graduated)

I live in a town of 3800 people, is that small?
I think it's a pretty small population, but there are much smaller towns out there in the USA.

Small towns are the best. They're only boring to normie hipsters who want to have shitty speciality coffee shops all around them and don't know what to do with themselves. Big cities are full of pollution, assholes, crime and minorities.

>grew up in the suburbs
>used to watch hey Arnold all the time
>think city kids life was so much better, they could be out late hanging on street corners, running through the city with no adult supervision
>move to a city when I trun 20
>the only kids that actually do that are drug dealers

grass is always greener I suppose,but then again
Once you start getting older you loose the rose colored glasses of childhood and start seeing the cracks in where you live. Its just part of growing up

>I grew up in a small town in the south and all I wanted to do was leave

I was the same, but then I moved to a bunch of cities and realized how better my small town was and moved back. Don't regret it for a second.

essential buscemi core

I find living in a small town very comfy. I actually live out in the stick about 10 miles away from a town of around 15,000 people. It's nice to know that if shit ever hits the fan, I'll be mostly unaffected. It's also quite nice not having to live around ghetto niggers, and insufferable liberals.

The biggest downside is there's a limited selection of restaurants. I hating cooking, but I have to out of necessity. I hated living in Chicago, but the food almost made up for the shitty people. Also, being able to shoot guns in my backyard without anyone giving a shit kicks ass.

I grew up in the city and Im so over it.

>Way overcrowded
>constant traffic
>constant people in your way
> constant noise pollution
> liberal weirdo's

I'd like a slower place in a nice comfy small town

I think anywhere that has a population less than 20,000 is small.

This.

Everything is quiet, calm, clean and open. People don't rush everywhere. Big cities make me anxious and claustrophobic.

Small towns are better when you're a kid but they suck in "the real world" because jobs are either terrible or impossible to get

I'm a software developer and if I wanted a software dev job in my old town I'd probably get paid 40k at some crap company

>I'm a software developer
>not working from home

You're a failure

>le kino
Fuck off.

They're shit

>t. raised in the same town they filmed In the Bedroom

sounds like you're autistic and/or a faggot.

They suck for the normie, but I love small towns.

The lack of traffic is the best.

I work from home probably 40% of the time

Next year I'm gonna work from Europe for a few weeks

I grew up in New York and I think I understand the trade offs. For example- lots of places to buy good food in the city, but out in the sticks you'd have access to good ingredients on the cheap, easier make your own. I've had a good childhood that is coming to an end this year I guess (I'm 20) but the grass is always greener though and what I really wanted was to grow up in the wide open spaces surrounded by wholesome white girls

Small towns are cool if there's actually reasonable outlets for employment around, if not it's just a gauntlet of bums living in cheap houses that once upon a time used to be nice.

My idyllic movie version of a small town would be Lumberton from Blue Velvet. I'd gladly take my chances with Frank Booth then be surrounded by white trash.

lack of real jobs and education too

what's a real job?

This. Grew up in a town where the biggest entertainment was high school football games. Thank god for the internet or I would have started the first gang in rural southern MN out of sheer boredom

As someone who grew up in a small town I thought that Blue Velvet is the most accurate movie about it. With the whole thing about feeling sheltered and all the evil people waiting right outside your tidy little bubble.

Also Dazed and Confused. A lot of small town life is driving or walking around looking for things to do.

small towns arent known for education, military and commerce. cities are.
reason why small towns voted for trump. generations of country whites eating with their forks the wrong way.

kys

>not living in a suburb outside a major city

Only way to do it. If I want the big city shit I'm 30 minutes away. Hell, if I want small town shit I'm 30 minutes away from that too.

Pros of living in small town
>it's empty (and silent) as fuck at night and if you go for a walk you feel like the only human being on earth, feels fucking great tbqh
>you can walk everywhere comfortably and never get lost ever
>dating stuff is easier because everyone knows everyone, no blind date Tindr bullshit like in the city
>no hobos
>the few foreigners that are there are integrated and behave themselves
Cons of living in small town
>you have to move away eventually if you want a good job
Most accurate depiction of small town life is Twin Peaks imo.

The less people you're around the less likely you are to get robbed or murdered

Have you ever left the ghetto tyrone?

that was a good movie
fishing village if i remember

>Wholesome White Girls
I grew up in a town of 10,000. When I graduated there was maybe 3 "wholesome" White girls. Even then had to ignore some glaring flaws. College is nice because even if they're sluts, they're hotter. Also any decent girls leave the town as soon as possible or balloon by 21.