Smallville

Was this show good? I remember actually watching the premiere and I stuck with it until the end. The thing is, I thought it was kind of shit season four onward.

It was pretty awful after the first two seasons.
Those were apex comfy.

Seasons 1-3 are ok
4-7 are shit
8-10 are enjoyable enough but I don't know if it ever got good

It was fine but as usual Superfags complained because "NOT MUH" and "where is the costume?!"

This. Series took a hard nose-dive in the middle because the writers had no fucking idea what they were doing. It picked back up when they finally decided to put Clark and Lois in Metropolis as reporters, but it never fully recovered.

>let's make a teen drama about superman, but tru our hardest to pretend it isn't.

>Let's just say the reaper can swing his sickle at me, but I'm beyond Death's stroke now

What did he mean by this?

Some things were good. Lex was good. Green arrow was good. I think Aquaman was good but I can't remember much it's been a while. Plot was shit mostly, but some of it was good.

It was abaout Clark Kent, not Superman, which according to Supercrybabies is the real character anyway

So is Arrow gonna go this route or is it unrecoverable?

It's different because the good parts of the universe have their own shows now so there's little value in saving Arrow even if they could.

Welling refused to wear the suit.

I think he wore it at the end but wouldn't be filmed full-body in it.

>8
>enjoyeable

Literally dropped it at season 8 finale

/r/ing that webcomic of the guy reacting after watching the smallville finale

You know the one

That's kind of the main flaw with the late seasons. All the finales are bad.

He wore a blue shirt in the last episode. They CGed an "S"-shield onto it. That's the closest we got to him in the suit.

Yes and no.

On the one hand, Chloe. On the other hand, meteor rocks.

1-6 are alright
7 is complete shit
8-10 are goat

I would watch until they kill Lex and Lionel and take Lana off the show within a couple episodes. It was totally different after that. They went about three seasons too long.

When they started making what was obviously a Superboy show, Warner Bros. didn't actually hold the rights to Superboy. They didn't come back in-house until late 2005, by which time Smallville was renewed for a fifth season and it was kind of pointless introducing the suit when it already had fans.

That may also be a factor. The so-called curse of Superman strongly affected the careers of at least three people who had previously played the character because they were typecast due to the role's enormous popularity and struggled to find other work. By the time Welling was in the role, that wasn't really so big of a problem.

The rest of the "curse" is /x/-tier shit-talking, but who are we to judge whether Tom Welling believes in tulpas.

Death wasn't able to stroke his dick anymore.

Clark/Lana was pretty unbearable, and made even more so by the writers keeping up will they/won't they shit for eight seasons. And when they do finally resolve it, it's in a way that makes Lana look like Clark's real choice and Lois his consolation prize.

> implying that 5 wasn't solid and 6 wasn't near-GOAT