Is wonderwoman a feminist?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10423245
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-34227497
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, but you shouldnt let that ruin her for you as a character.

Yes, in the actual definition of the word.

I thought she was all about actual matriarchy?

Which kind of feminist are you talking about? The kind who is trying to fight for equal rights along with men or those taking up and twisting the cause for totalism?

Yeah, feminism

She comes from a culture populated solely by women. Her being a feminist is understandable. A FemNazi not so much.

Yes. But I imagine most female superheroes are.

>Is Wonder Woman a feminist?
.... I feel drunk right now. I wasn't aware this particular breed of stupidity actually existed.

This is going to turn into a fight again.

She used to be about matriarchy, when shes written well now she's generally about equality/the politics don't play a big part.

Sometimes she talks about cringey shit like mansplaining, just check what the book is about first.

She's an actual feminist who stands to give everyone equal rights, not some crazy landwhale who makes posts on tumblr about drinking cis tears

Well,she does dress like a whore and isn't fat so I guess not.

What gets to me
What really GETS to me
Is that Wonder Woman is a warrior and defender of love.
Love is strong. Love can be healing. In a way, it even ties into her dominance and submission origins because love is the ultimate form of submission, you're submitting a piece of your soul to another human being to care and respect.

But I guess love just isn't that "cool" nowadays.

> just check what the book is about first.

Kinda like the whole Deadpool rape thing. Came off as "a har-har men rape! Comedy gold!" until someone story timed it which made a much clearer picture.

>She's an actual feminist who stands to give everyone equal rights

You know nothing about feminism do you?

This is correct. She wants to replace the patriarchy with the matriarchy. You fucking cis-scum opressor

She did once for the sake of horny fan boys. Someone will always wiggle their way into writing her as fapbait.

Deadpool got raped? Or did he finally rape spiderman?

Is that a yes or a no?

The real question here, is whether she is a Black Feminist or White Feminist.
>yes this is a thing now.

I would submit to her ways in a heartbeat.

Her view on the sexes isn't that far off from ours, her bondage cult is basically a kinky version of women calming men the fuck down through sex, something they have been supposed to do since the 17th century.

That she naturalizes the subjugation of men by arguing in favour of the superior fitness (in the darwinian sense) of women marks her status as a member of some wierd cult on par with folks who believe in aliens or homeopathy though.

But which version are you talking about? She isn't always about feminism, plenty of them are about her warrior-status, which puts her in the same class as Red Sonja.

Typhoid Mary fucked Deadpool by pretending to be someone he actually loved. Doesn't really seem like rape but in the end he ended up getting her medical help for her fucked up deranged ways.

No that's definitely rape.

This would offend Starfire.

It would probably be considered rape if a man did that to a woman, so equality dictates...

Do feminists ahegao?

Someone would have to have sex with one to find out, and that's not happening.

Well there are two definitions of that word.
One, the dictionary definition. In a nutshell, wanting legal, economic and social equality for men and women.
Two, the self-identified definition, a social movement of which anyone can claim membership.
They are not interchangeable, so beware of equivocation fallacy. The self-identified definition is the one typically used when criticizing Feminism.

If the dictionary definition is true, then some people within the social movement called Feminism are objectively NOT feminists, because they don't share the characteristics of that definition, and MRAs are simply the other side of the feminist coin. All they want is for men to have the rights that women currently have.

Since your picture shows Wonder Woman implying it's bad for a man to explain things, that puts her squarely in the social movement called Feminism, but against the dictionary definition, because equality means a person's gender should never be used to silence or belittle them.

I hope that answer was sufficient.

Makes you think, huh?

I'm a #Thinker now.

He just explained it

>All they want is for men to have the rights that women currently have.

They aren't trying to get pregnant hard enough, if that's the case.

Are there whores on themascara?

Ww has been a feminist since the 60's, but what that means varies from believing women shoul be able to vote all the way to man hater.

Yes, but I can't imagine her ever saying "mansplaining" except maybe as part of a corny joke.

Women fought for equal rights to vote, for education, jobs, and even to fight in the war (civil war exp).

It's sad how twisted the definition has become to fit a bunch of dumb asses who claims equality, but is really claiming supremacy.

hippy!

She did. She is pretty cringeworthy the last few years.

But femimism is about hate not love. Hate for men, hate for society. Hate for themselves.

The term was used wrong in the scene the crop is from, The dude was just being an asshole.

But then again, this is capeshit we're talking about. Writers' loved ones are probably tortured by the editors every time the writers don't fuck up.

you tell me

>that deer fursuit
A degenerate society.

No, you see labelling things, and blaming an entire sex or race for oppressing you is love.

Hate would be something like recognizing how it's often the rich and privileged who oppress the poor and underprivileged, and take all aspects of race and sex out of it.

Who would do something like that? A real Marxist, yeah right what we need is more Critical Theory.

Whores has a negative connotation in our society towards women while players have a positive towards men. So it's probably in reverse there.

The scene is a reference to a bondage vore game they used to play probably every other weekend during Marston's run.

>explaining your p.o.v is being an asshole.

>Does Wonder Woman fight for equal rights between men and women?

nah bro she aint into that shit

I expected this thread to go straight to shit right off the bat. OP should of waited until school was out.

Who wouldn't be?
Are you telling me you wouldn't like a patriarchy?

Free speech is wrong user. You need to apologize to my feefees now.

Hell no, why would I want that?

>feefees

The only time I've seen this word was from black girls on twitter and Facebook. Don't bring that shit here.

Not sure if i should make a new thread, but anyway, how many of you plan on seeing the ww movie?
strawpoll.me/10423245
Also, theh got one ugly ass bitch to play her. I wonder if it was on purpose.

Because you're male
Come on, stop pretending, it's not like your gf is watching

>yes, no, yes alternative

I choose option D. Don't see it at all. Getting tired of all these cape movies flooding theaters.

Well you could choose no.

But I'm a sub.

Depends how strictly defined the male values are.

I doubt anyone on Sup Forums would do that great in a patriarchy.

If it was just like reverse-quotas, and free hand-outs maybe, but solely out of self-interest.

it's complicated
they are of a warrior tradition, so everyone can fight for what they want, but they're also all about sisterhood
which means if you need 'release' beyond what you can achieve alone all you need to do is ask for a helping hand
at the same time, lets say, you want someone in particular that isn't interested
if you challenge them in combat, refusal tends to result in lowering of social status, and win then you can force them to wash the carpets or whatever else you want for a time

there are some Amazons that are just weaker than others
for ease of life they try to become best sisters with a stronger female that's nice to them
if not they'll be at the mercy of the community in general
getting used so often tends to impart skill at it '

so, yes, they do, but not really

The whole scene happened because he was smart enough to realize that she wouldn't care for his opinion on that particular subject, so he found way to hassle her.

He was being an asshole and he kept on digging his grave when he could've shut up anytime as the lasso doesn't force people to speak, it just prevents them from not speaking their minds.

The latter obviously.

Moder feminism is cáncer, no wonder they re-re booted the DC Universe after the shit52

I think that people disagree with Marstons definition of submission because he kinda advocated slavery in his form of submission.

It comes down to if you see freedom or "submission" as a greater love. Or if you exist outside that whole dichotomy and see it as stuff for degenerates and the sexually repressed.

It's kinda why I hate how love in the English language encompasses everything from friendships between gender, to a sibling, between spouses, to devotion, to fucking, and to whatever you want to call love.

Yes user, feminism began with third wave feminism. That's why it's called third wave feminism.

Are you fucking happy now that I agree with you?

Again, she tied him up and he is the asshole for speaking his mind? Yep, definitely feminism

1st Wave feminism was NOT about equal rights, they were just as man hating as modern feminists

Is this a thing? Because.it gave me a serious boner. Does that mean rape is basically ok for amazons?

> hey were just as man hating

Can you really blame them? Men treated women at the time like dumb little maidens who are incapable of any science or medical degree. " Female hysteria" was considered a medical disorder and are usually laughed at if a women tries to stand up for her self.

Found the tumblr immigrant

>compels truth

So his mansplanation is true?

Also as a women at the time you HAD to get married or you'll have no future in society.

Found the muslim immigrant.

It is his truth.

>an almost universal belief is muslim
Top kek.

No, it makes you confess, it doesn't make you tell the magic One Truth Of All.

It is to Muslims. The Quran got a lot about treating women like dirt rugs.

In the dictionary definition sense, yes since the entire point of her was exploring the outside world in a effort to prove that men could be as 'perfect" as the amazons.
In the screeching at the top of her lungs about privilege sense? No but many modern feminists expect her to be that and in some cases try to write her that way.
It should be noted that her original creator actually intended her to be a example of women inherently being better than men or something similar but that aspect didn't really stick around when other people started writing her.

I like to think of her as what a captain america analogue to feminists in that she represents what a feminist should strive for but not necessarily what they are.

So you are a muslim?

Except many versions of her find the amazon way of life lacking.
Hell in many incarnations her initial goal of taking Steve back to the mainland was to prove to them that men are not as bad as they say.

So it's crimethought instead?
Why is exposing your most private, intimate thoughts not considered mind rape?

Guys, I'm gonna' let ya' in on a big secret. Comic Book characters are portrayed differently based on the writer.

Are your minds blown?

Hell no. I like my freedom.

Nah, it's his opinion on the subject, which he refused to broach to the women in question when he was not tied.

Yes, but quite a few qualities tend to be relatively consistent, unless the writer wants to subvert that.

Because you're an idiot.

Well, he was asking for it.

Their entire population?

This. If you live on no-man land you are either a butch super warrior or a sex toy for one.

The only thing consistent with WW is that she always goes for the neck.

So uh... is there like an all men version of this world? I like to know. For reasons.

>implying they're mutually exclusive
They are descendants of ancient greeks, chances are the sex toys are just the apprentices of the older warriors.

>muh scotsman
Feminism was never, ever about equality.

Well all this thread has taught me is that an all-women matriarchy is still worse than our modern day. """patriarchy"""

If Wonder-Woman was a true Scotsman... I mean real feminist, she would help all these oppressed women.

Has wonder woman gone to the middle east yet?

Not even costume designs are consistent.

It's absolutely considered rape if a woman does it
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-34227497

once again, it's complicated
you have to take into account who's involved and what was done

charming man woes amazon and takes her to bed. that's rape and the amazon's sisters can take his life unless the "victimized" amazon has enough status/strength to place him under her protection

strong man forces amazon into bed. that's rape and he's going to find out what his
huevos taste like when they feed them to him for breakfast. in this case you also have to look at the amazon as well. if she was one of their youths or not that strong in general that'll really call for vengeance and not only try to kill the man, but also his male siblings if he has any and his fathers as well. might just kill all the men in the guys community as well for good measure.
if the amazon was one of their stronger members they'll still thirst for vengeance, but they're going to question how she allowed that to happen. maybe she wasn't as strong as they thought she was.

if you have status and get raped by a man you'll lose some and if you have little and get raped then you gain sympathy

when Hippolyta got the H, there was quite talk is she should still be their queen

From what we've seen in this incarnation, theu basically have men (female) and women (female) except their men lack penises

Can women rape women though?

Stop. My penis enjoys this too much

That's bizarre