Batman - Evolving the Legend

youtube.com/watch?v=u5Cdguyut8s

Another great Sup Forums video by kaptainkristian

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6fO1sY_Dg-M
youtube.com/channel/UCuPgdqQKpq4T4zeqmTelnFg/videos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> tfw i remember when he first shilled his video on this board

Kinda weird knowing its possible I've talked with the dude. Im a huge fan of his. One of the only people who's videos i immediately watch if i see a new video in my subscription notificatio.

Hopefully this episode will really get his name out there. BTAS probably has the biggest following of any of the superhero cartoons, and people will be willing to watch anything on the subject.

I'd bet it gets some attention but it takes a while for subs to pile up

The dude who analyzes anime OPs has only been around for little more than a year and just hit a million

Batman is more popular than anime

Yeah, I remember his first thread too. No one started shitting on him, really shows that you just have to be not shit and even e-celebs will be liked here.

Glad his channel is doing well. Nice to see you can still succeed on YouTube with actual quality content.

I remember him saying he wanted to do a video of that quality a week lol. But he's been pretty fucking good about his upload schedule

to be fair he shows so little of him in his videos that he lacks pretty much everything that makes people dislike e-celebs

It's too bad that due to him actually putting time into his videos, he'll never be nearly as successful as people who yell at video games everyday for an hour.

Not sure about that, looks like he has work for IGN.
youtube.com/watch?v=6fO1sY_Dg-M

It's incredible how much he just "gets" these characters. It's really refreshing compared to what we mostly get from hollywood.

Cool, good for him.

I think this was done after he established himself as it says to subscribe to his channel

Oh hey, he actually sold out. Good for him.

>sold out
>producing the exact same type of content, just putting it on another channel

It's not like he's making a video about how great IGN is

Dude's got good production values. Like is that bat symbol morphing at the beginning all him? But I don't think his videos have had a ton of substance and I'm pretty annoyed he left out Eric Radomski and Alan Burnett as pivotal creators for the show, and said Superfriends was Filmation. I'm keeping his channel subscribed though.

Hasn't his schedule mostly been a video a week?

Sold out not in a bad sense, because ultimately it's every author's goal. I meant that he went big and got noticed by bigger guys.

He puts out a video about every two weeks

youtube.com/channel/UCuPgdqQKpq4T4zeqmTelnFg/videos

Some interesting tidbits about the popularity of his videos.

His video on Adult Swim is still his most popular video, with 731,604 views. His least popular isn't even on his channel. It's the Spider-Man one he made for IGN, which only garnered 33,000 or so views (though I'd assume the majority of views are on IGN's actual site)

Generally he seems to get more than 250k views, which we can somewhat translate to $250 a week, give or take, with his Patreon garnering a decent $750 per video.

That's still roughly only $1000 or so each week, so I hope he continues to grow.

He technically put up a video last week as well: youtube.com/watch?v=6fO1sY_Dg-M so he's probably starting to find a groove.

>Like is that bat symbol morphing at the beginning all him?

After Effects is an incredibly powerful video tool that people underestimate.

>That's still roughly only $1000 or so each week

$48,000/year isn't a terrible salary, especilaly considering this might not be his full-time job/he's just starting out

For sure, matters where he is. I'm in Michigan, so that's a drop in the bucket. Most entertainment folks are out in Cali or NY though, and both of those states are just fucked in terms of monthly expenses. Hopefully he's in the midwest or something.

>$1000 or so each week
Not if it's 1 video every 2 weeks.

As stated here , he's started uploading once a week for the past 3 weeks now. He did a video for IGN that came out last week.

That was pretty insightful. I've never heard of this guy before. Are his other videos worth checking out too?

He only has like 6 or something. I initially was going to just list my favorite: youtube.com/watch?v=6fO1sY_Dg-M

but honestly all of his videos are nice. They bank a bit on nostalgia, but I think they're also really good for people who're not familiar with some of the stuff he talks about (I never read Calvin and Hobbes as a kid, but I get why people love it now)

I live in LA on 25k a year. Not poor but not comfortable either. 48k is massive and I hope he is making at least that.