BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS - THE LAST CRUSADE

Are guys ready for Miller Jason?

m.ign.com/articles/2016/06/07/frank-miller-and-john-romita-jr-discuss-the-death-of-jason-todd-in-batman-the-dark-knight-returns-the-last-crusade

So hype for JrJr

I like the idea of one of the Robins being a complete psycho, but Jason's a shit character. It's too bad.

Uuu, I like this, I really, REALLY like this. I like the psycho approach. Who's writing this again, not Miller, right? Based on these two pages, the writing's very competent and potentially very good, but of course, we'll see.

I'm just hoping they remembered Batman's costume around this time would look more like this.

It's Miller and Azzarello.

This part of the interview is interesting.

>Miller: Alan Moore and I once had about a six-hour argument about the Joker, back when he did comic books -- because he believed that the Batman and Joker were almost parallels that were separated at birth. Alan had a much more, a sort of attitude of moral relativism about what was good and what was evil. I took a much more arched view, because I believe that the Joker is not so much insane as satanic. He's evil incarnate, and he's so malicious that it goes beyond anything we could understand. That's what's so terrifying about him, is that he simply wants to do as much harm and damage as he possibly can.

>Who's writing this again, not Miller, right?
Miller. In interview he says "he's more involved than he was with Master Race".

Just imagine listening to Moore, Miller, Morrison, all those guys, debating about some comics.

Oh man, that'd be a trip. I could listen to that for hours.

>finally getting the untold story
>Miller going full on crazy

>IGN: That's a fascinating take on the Joker, that he's not crazy but satanic.

>Miller: Well, it made for a good argument between me and Alan. You know, someone who is completely and absolutely insane wouldn't be as effective, if you ask me. I believe that people who are absolutely crazy, with very rare exceptions, don't get very far in life. They do kill people and so on -- I mean, there are people who are absolutely malevolent and insane but somehow capable of uncanny evil, obviously Hitler, Joseph Stalin, like that. But they are exceedingly rare, and usually the crazy ones get caught. But the truly evil ones can go on for a long time.

I've been waiting for this for ages, it sure has been delayed to hell.

Pretty sure that's mostly on Romita's end. Not just trying to make the book look good as possible, but also adding more onto it based off Frank's outline.

thnx user

Was this written a while ago? Will Miller's writing actually be good?

Miller's writing's always good. This meme of "he went crazy!" is hilarious in its inanity.

have you read holy terror

>Miller going full on crazy

>Miller wanted David Bowie for Joker in a live action TDKR movie
>we will never get this

Holy Terror's hilarious.

You mean psycho Dick in ASBR wasn't enough for you?

>soldier this, soldier that
miller a hack

>psycho Jason
YES! And the art actually look good.

I hope he'll sneak couple of muslims there. Maybe make Joker one.

Freaking finally! I have been waiting for this since it was announced.

>this was originally gonna come out in February

Dick was already psycho though
I wanna see how Miller pulls off Jason being one too and Bruce apparently being more fine with it

JASON OF MURDER

I wonder if Jason in the DCEU was like this.

He is

>JRJR is trying again
Hot damn

Didn't Death In The Family have Joker becoming a spokesman for the Ayatollah

Holy fuck JRJRs art actually looks good for once!

It's been too long.

Is this where we find out they named the dog Batman and that Bruce calls himself Batman because he has a lot of fond memories of the dog?

I wonder who that is in the last panel. Joker or Dick Joker?

why is millerverse so fascinating to creators they want to work in it?

I am ABOUT this shit

this art really looks good, man

Well JRJR and Miller are buds, they were coming up around the same time

I'm legitimately surprised, considering my usual dislike for JRJR

The dog? You are named after the dog?

Same.

Apparently his staff in BVS was a halberd, so yeah.

>Robin
>halberd
>hal-BIRD
cheeky

We saw it in the early part of DKR and Spawn/Batman so he had to have worn it at the time Jason was Robin.

I wonder if they'll ever explain when and why he decided to change the costume to have a target on his chest.